Shrinking Blonde’s Guide to Perfect Skin ✨
- Double Cleanse. If you’re especially prone to breakouts (same!) double cleansing can be the salvation you need. For those of us who choose to wear makeup, a single face wash session at the end of the night isn’t enough to totally remove every last bit of product from your face and still get deep into your pores so the cleanser can y’know clean. Wash your face once with an oil-based face wash and then once again with a regular cleanser.
- TRY: Josie Maran Argan Oil Cleanser, Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser, Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Bioderma Miceller Solution.
- Carefully Exfoliate. While abrasive scrubs and exfoliates may feel like the best thing for your skin, overdoing it can lead your skin to think it’s deprived of oil and it will overproduce it leading to nasty breakouts. Chemical exfoliation is the best way to remove dead skin and increase cell turnover rate. BHA + AHA combos are easy finds at the drugstore (Pixi Glow Tonic! Just try it!) and give your skin a naturally plump, luminous feel without a harsh scrub.
- TRY: Herbivore Blue Tansy Mask, Pixi Glow Tonic, Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion, Clearasil Acne Treatment Pads
- Salicylic Acid #1. Try a face cleanser for that second-round clean with salicylic acid to combat breakouts. Focus on your t-zone for a squeaky clean face. This is also the key ingredient in a ton of spot treatments.
- TRY: Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser, Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser, Clean & Clear Continuous Control Wash
- Don’t Forget Toner. Toner plays an absolutely crucial role in minimizing pores and smoothing your complexion. There are toners for virtually every kind of ailment out there from acne scars to dull skin, so find one that best fits your issues and apply daily. Soak a cotton pad and apply in upward strokes to your clean face.
- TRY: Burt’s Bees Acne Solution Toner, Georgette Klinger Vitamin C Toner, Nivea Daily Refreshing Toner
- Moisturize EVERYTHING. I cannot stress this enough. Moisturizing is everything and a key to stopping breakouts, especially in the summer. You should be applying a thicker moisturizer before bed and then a lighter one with sunscreen before putting on your makeup in the morning. Be sure to moisturize your neck too to slow the aging process. Your future self with thank you, trust me.
- TRY: Glossier Priming Moisturizer, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
- Be Forgiving. This step is crucial. When you stress over school, boys, weight, etc. all you do is cause breakouts. Try stress relieving exercises like yoga, meditation, or journaling. Practice good eating habits, get lots of sleep, and really pamper your skin. Relax, and give it all time.
My Skincare Routine
- Wash face in warm shower (to open pores) with Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
- Swipe Clearasil Acne pads all over face. Follow up with Georgette Klinger Vitamin C toner all over a cotton pad to even out complexion. it seriously got rid of all my acne scars in like a week
- Rub Glossier Priming Moisturizer all over face
- Apply Glossier sunscreen all over face (crucial!)
- Spray Mario Badescu Rose Water all over face for extra moisturizer
- Take off makeup with miceller water
- Wash face with Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser
- Tone face with Clearsil pads and VItamin C Toner
- Apply several drops of moisturizing pure argan oil all over face
- Apply Glossier Rich Moisturizing Cream all over face
- Every few days: TonyMolly or SK-II sheet mask