My internet is out and so I decided to deal with these anons in one fell swoop.
But y'all are K I L L I N G ME. I feel like a jerk for not responding but then I feel like a pretentious asshole by responding to these things publicly because a lifetime of self-doubt has made me NOT ABLE TO COPE WITH NICE THINGS SAID ABOUT ME 😵😵😵
This is me officially saying, PLEASE feel free to talk to me off of anonymous, I don’t bite and I will most likely just keyboard smash or emoji at you because makin the words go for fic is about as eloquent as i can be on any given day
1&2. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU 😘
3. Did i answer this one in a dream?? I feel like i’ve responded to another landlocked black sails fan, wherein I commiserated how much it sucks being far from the ocean. Either way THANK YOU SO MUCH, it means everything to me that this stuff makes someone happy. Cheery times for you, too!!
4. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! I’m glad i can help make the days nicer!!!
5. THRJFJFJDLDHDKFJFJDIHDKSBDGS SHUT UP!!!! That art feckin killed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw it and stared for ten minutes on the ground because i fell over and then i started writing because *______* it’s so beautifulkffjfjfkdjdhsjs i’ve been kind of down and stressed since 4x08 and not writing, and that art really kicked me in the ass to get to it. Need all the tender shirtless kisses!!
6. HE DOES TELL THE BEST GHOST STORIES BECAUSE HE IS SO SOFT YET TERRIFYING
7. NO, YOU ❤❤❤❤
8. OMG THANK YOU! I have accidentally tied Silver’s hair up in like…….,,,,,….the last four orange fics or something shdkdhdlsgahdkdj CLEARLY I HAVE A THING AND SO DOES FLINT. I’m conflicted bc on the one hand, hair up = NECK, but hair DOWN = H A I R. I need to write him with his hair swept all to one side like that earlier episode of s4, 🎶beeeest of both worlds🎶 i’ll see what i can do, thanks!!!!
Okay so I feel like people really do not understand fetishization. Like, accusing KS of that is Wrong?? Like, listen, I’m a queer girl (so don’t bother dumping that straight people BS on me), and I have read a lot of yaoi, BL, yuri, GL, etc. and let me tell you something. KS is the least sexual BL/yaoi I’ve ever read, barring the like super cutesy and fluffy kind.
That’s right. You heard me. It is almost entirely unsexy, and the only scenes of sexual content are either interrupted, extremely brief, or focusing on the developing dependence between them rather than the act itself. The sexual content is not “fetishy” and the manhwa isn’t “porn with plot.” I mean, there have been a handful of scenes with sexual content, but they were hardly what I would call explicit. I mean, have you read a yaoi lately? I’m guessing not.
This manhwa was certainly not written by a 13yo and frankly? I’m actually offended on the author’s behalf. How dare you. You owe the author an apology for that. The writing of this manhwa is better than half the things I’ve read lately. It’s consistent and well-paced, not to mention suspenseful without being frustrating. The dark themes are extremely well-handled and are probably more the reason for the rating than the barely their sexual content.
Do me a favor and read through some of Blood Bank (great manhwa, btw) and compare them. THAT reads more as porn with plot to me, though the tone is shifting by the later chapters. The beginning has some kind of sexual content in nearly every chapter, enough that the plot is actually slowed down considerably.
You CHOSE to read a manhwa called KILLING STALKING and expected what? Some kind of healthy little romance? Really? You thought it wouldn’t be dark and potentially upsetting? If you’re so against it, then why did you waste your own damn time reading it??
Personally, I am fascinated by Killing Stalking. As a writer, I’m amazed with the characters and the little details that have been used to build the world. I’m amazed that the author can write something so dark with such consistency and flare, not to mention grace. The relationship building is deeply flawed and unhealthy. Obviously. The two main characters are a serial killer and a stalker. If their relationship was healthy, I’d be disappointed. The complexities of their choices and their motives is what draws me in in the first place.
How do you feel about people who enjoy Dext/er, I wonder? Or Break/ing Bad? What about The Sopr/anos? Hann/ibal? Or any other show about criminals? Are they also sick and horrible? Or is it just because the relationship is abusive that you have a problem? Is it the inclusion of abuse and sex in the context of a relationship between two men? Do you really think that enjoying reading about criminals is something new?? People are always fascinated by the darker side of things. It’s why film noir and true crime and detective fiction in general is still so popular.
Scared they may be, but people are still fascinated by the dark and what lurks within it. If you’re having nightmares or panic attacks, obviously you should stop reading it. Don’t read things you find that scary. For me, I only have trouble with supernatural horror, so this kind of thing is really interesting and intense. I enjoy reading it. I’m on the edge of my seat with every new chapter I read, wondering what’s going to happen next. Finding a story the captures my attention so fully is extremely rare for me, and frankly nothing anyone says will convince me not to keep reading.
If you want to try, you’re welcome to. I won’t stop you or even bother to block you. Hell, I’ll engage if you want. But no one’s ever taken me up on the invitation before, so I doubt anyone’ll bother now.