Why Do We Pray?
- Why do we pray because it’s proof that we are Christians. Christians are in a relationship with God and in a relationship you talk to your spouse right? You don’t talk to them when something bad happens or when you need something, no you try to get every change you get to talk to them.
- Why do we pray because we are insufficient in ourselves. We can’t do things without Him and it’s not just the hard things, it’s the daily routines that we need Him to show up in.. If we don’t consistently fall on our face in prayer, then we shouldn’t be surprised when we consistently fall on our face in sin. It’s only on the power of God that we can overcome sin. We can’t overcome it by ourselves. God doesn’t need us but we need Him.
- Why do we pray because Jesus tells us to. Luke 18:1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
- Why do we pray because it keeps us humble before God. Prayer reminds us that we are not in control, but God is, so pray is keeping us from pride.. If you thought you could do it all by ourselves then you probably wouldn’t pray.
- Why do we pray because It’s a great privilege to come before God Almighty. Can you think of any greater honor than to have an audience with the One who rules over ALL creation? We have been invited to talk with the one who put the stars in place. We are invited to sit down with the One who knows all things. We have greatest privilege of it all.