Minecraft Snapshot 12w25a
- Added an “Open to LAN” menu in the in-game menu, which allows players to open their world to other players. In the menu, the player can choose to turn cheats on or off, and choose the game mode.
- The multiplayer menu now scans for LAN servers (singleplayer worlds which are on the same LAN and have been published with the /publish command).
- Villagers may remove a trade option after it has been used at least 3 times.
- Added wooden stairs for the remaining three wood types (spruce, birch and jungle).
- Redstone (including repeaters, torches, levers, and pressure plates) and Rails can now be placed on slabs and stairs positioned upside down.
- Removed the downwards knockback while drowning.
- Pigs now drop 1-3 Porkchops instead of 0-2.
- Potentially improved memory usage.
- “A lot of smaller changes and fixes”.
- The /tp command now allows teleporting to specified coordinates.
- A player’s Ender Chest storage is no longer wiped on respawning.
- Fixed Pistons not pushing back players.
- Fixed a crash bug when typing /time set day.
- Fixed a freeze bug when opening the texture pack folder from in-game.
- Fixed Villagers not showing hearts around them when mating.
- Fixed respawning causing your skin is to be set to the default until you leave and come back.
- Fixed being unable to hear TNT from more than 16 blocks away.
- The three new types of Wooden Stairs cannot be crafted.
- You can only select Adventure Mode game in LAN mode.
- Mobs and entities are frozen causing the game mostly unplayable.
- When creating a world, using punctuation (./:“*><?) will appear as _ unlike previous versions. (E.g. 1.3 will appear as 1_3) (?).