The “This Started as a Joke But Now I’m Committed to Writing a 100+ Page Essay About My Favorite Character” Rule Sheet
It’s not like you’re going to be penalized for breaking any of these or anything because this is all just fun, but this is just a guideline for all of us that are committed.
1. Standard essay format (12px font, Times New Roman, double-spaced)
- You don’t technically have to do double-spaced, I guess (it would be pretty impressive if you wrote 100+ pages single-spaced, because holy shit.)
- MLA or APA, whichever you want. Doesn’t really matter.
2. You can include a title page and table of content, which technically counts towards the goal–but if you wanna be an over-achiever, just shoot past it.
3. Pictures and visuals are fine. It’s a 100+ essay, so it would be pretty boring without things to go along with your writing and break up the text.
4. Don’t copy/paste blobs of text from the DR Wiki in lieu of actually writing it yourself, you cheater. Plenty of people have worked on/contributed to your character’s page, so they just wrote the essay for you. I wrote the majority of Sakakura’s wiki page myself, and even I’m not going to do that.
5. You don’t technically have to source anything, I guess?
6. This is a joke, don’t come to me asking why I’m taking this “too seriously” because I’m not.