Most Popular vs Least Popular
out of sheer curiosity on my part, I wanted to dig into my archive and see for myself which stories had the most notes and which had the least. So I kinda figured that if I wanted to know, maybe others would too? So I’ll tag some writer folks to do this (though I guess artists could do it too) with the simple rules:What are your five most popular works?
What are your five least popular works?
Are you surprised? Why?
Here we go.
1) Quenching the Thirst in the Western Approach (Rylen x Adaar) - 112 notes
2) Blissful in Lace (Cassandra) - 102 notes
3) “Coward. That’s What You Are” (Nick Valentine x SS) - 101 notes
4) The Healer’s Heart (f!Handers) - 75 notes
5) Giving In (Cullen x Trevelyan) - 62 notes
1) Ace of Hearts (Steve/Captain America x Clint/Hawkeye) - 0 notes
2) You Must Endure (Trey Lavellan) - 2 notes
3) Champions of the Just-Part 1 (Trevelyan) - 2 notes
4) The Fountain (young Adaar) - 3 notes
5) Skyhold Infested (Cullen x Trevelyan) - 3 notes
6) Champions of the Just-Part 2 (Trevelyan) - 3 notes
Am I surprised?
I mean, yes and no. I’m not surprised at all that Keram and Rylen head my most popular stuff, but I am a little surprised that Cassandra’s piece took off like crazy? And I’m always EXTRA FUCKING surprised whenever I get notes for Vee and Valentine?? Because that shit is actually pretty regular but that piece isn’t even 600 words. And, yeah, Cullen smut appears in the top five, not a surprise seeing as sex absolutely sells.
Tbh, I am a wee bit surprised that Ace of Hearts didn’t get ANY on Tumblr. I know it’s a crack ship (like…I don’t even KNOW where that came from because I don’t even ship them, like ????), but that is literally my most popular work on both AO3 AND FF.net. I still get emails about it even though I just want it to die sometimes. But I’m not surprised that my Trev gets no love. I don’t think my Champions of the Just pieces even actually have 2/3 notes because they were liked by exes who I blocked. P sure they didn’t even get read. Which is unfortunate because I adore them. They were my real babies. I mean I cried while writing them! If I redid them, though, I’d fix it to make the audience cry more and me less. There were some pacing issues. I’m not surprised Skyhold Infested got nothing, it was just…i dunno. It didn’t make any sense. And The Fountain was written when I was in a real writing funk so maybe it was shit?
That was pretty fun and there was so real weird stuff. Haha. So I guess I’ll tag all my writer peeps? :D There’s absolutely no push to do this because it def took a little while for me to do. Iunno. Up to you!
Is that everybody? I don’t? Can’t be, but I feel bad for tagging so many. Lol.