Some facts about the Titanic
1. The Titanic had not been christened with a bottle of champagne when it left Southampton, which is usually done for good luck.
2. There was a book written by Morgan Robertson 14 years before the sinking of the Titanic called The Wreck of the Titan. Eerily not only are the names similar, but the fictional ship also sunk because of a collision with an ice berg and also had many casualties due to a lack of lifeboats.
3. During that era, cats were usually brought on board as a sign of good luck, but the Titanic did not have any cats on board.
4. Two dogs were saved from the sinking
5. There were only 2 bathtubs for people in third class.
6. The lookout didn’t have binoculars, which could have prevented the disaster.
7. The ship’s builders never claimed that the Titanic was unsinkable, they said it was “nearly unsinkable” but the press decided to remove the “nearly” part to make it more sensational.
8. The fourth funnel did not have a functional purpose, it was put up for show.