I have a lot of feels about Hidden Figures. Go watch it for the following reasons.
- A movie about women of color as mathematicians, and an engineer.
- All three women are mothers. With multiple children.
- One of them is a single mom.
- All three are successful women of color in a time where systemic oppression was the norm.
- Supportive husbands.
- Sick burns against systemic racism and sexism.
- Their names are Katherine Goble Johnson, Dorothy Vaughn, Mary Jackson.
If you can remember a name like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart then you can remember them.
10/10 would recommend.