my personal experiences with ableism are not even people treating me like i’m “weird” but rather talking down to me like i’m a small child, stupid, even illiterate—which is i’m sure tied up inextricably with race&gender (because if you’ll notice, the “quirky” and “oddball” autistics in pop culture are all white men, and 9 times out of 10 they’re savants), but anyway the point is that ableism is just as nuanced and complicated as other forms of systemic oppression and there’s really no such thing as “generalized ableism” and it’s, frankly, ableist in and of itself to assume you’re educated enough on ableism to know well enough what you’re talking about without accounting for the countless peoples who are personally impacted by ableism with different and even conflicting narratives.
12 Reasons Why Old Souls Have Such A Hard Time Finding Love
1. They have a strong sense of identity.
They know who they are, which means they also know – specifically – what they do and do not want in a partner, what works and what doesn’t. While this is fantastic in terms of being able to choose wisely, it ultimately diminishes their pool of prospects pretty significantly.
2. Left unchecked, their hyper-intuitiveness can wreck relationships.
Often prone to overthinking because of how deeply sensitive they are, their capacity to worry and make assumptions can break relationships that don’t have a perfectly strong foundation.
3. Many are in the throes of twin flame relationships.
They’re attached or are with people who are not their “forever” people, rather, intense connections they’re meant to learn, and rapidly expand, from.
4. They often have a greater purpose that must be attended to first – one that love would distract them from.
They usually have to accomplish quite a bit on their own before they find love – this is because old souls love deeply, and completely. To be given love too soon would keep them from the other important things they are here to do.
5. They will not settle for anything less than soulmate love.
They require a lot more than just a surface-level, “average” relationship. They absolutely will not settle, and sometimes, that means biting the bullet and being alone for longer than what’s “average” as well.
6. While many people can bring them passion, few can bring compatibility.
Because they feel so deeply and others find them so fascinating, it’s easy for them to find infatuation, but to be with someone who is truly their best friend, deepest confidant *and* lover is a challenge.
7. They’re less inclined to go out and meet people in modern ways.
Even if they have nothing against online dating, it doesn’t always come naturally for them, nor does finding a random hookup at a bar or being set up blindly seem appealing.
8. They’re natural healers, and often attract people who need help, not love.
And that attraction is reciprocated. There’s almost nothing that feels better to an old soul than being able to help someone who truly needs it. However, at some point in time, it’s crucial for them to realize that they have to choose a partner, not a student, or a charity case.
9. They dislike the “game.”
Dating is inherently exhausting to an older-spirited person. Feigning disinterest for the sake of looking “cool” or knowing which faux pas other people find off-putting (how long after the first date do you text again?) isn’t instinctive to them, and can stress them out more than they ever find it “fun.”
10. Their standards are sky-high.
They expect a lot from themselves, so likewise, they expect a lot from their partners. While this is a great thing, it’s another quality that has to be kept in check: it’s more important to be able to accept the qualities that aren’t deal-breakers than it is to just write a person off because they’re imperfect.
11. They have baggage.
People who developed their inner selves quickly did so for a reason: they had to cope, they had to grow, or they had to learn from some challenging experiences that life set up for them. While this is a great thing on its own, unresolved issues can often re-manifest in close relationships.
12. They feel fear as intensely as they feel love.
The degree to which they love something is proportionate to how much they fear losing it, or not being “good enough” for it. They don’t just love intensely, they feel everything else intensely, too, and sometimes, that gets in the way of the really good things in front of them.
I know people who graduated college at 21, and didn’t get a salary job until they were 27. I know people who graduated at 25 and already had a salary job. I know people who have children and are single. I know people who are married and had to wait 8-10 years to be parents. I know people who are in a relationship and love someone else. I know people who love each other and aren’t together. There are people waiting to love and be loved. My point is, everything in life happens according to our time, our clock. You may look at your friends and some may seem to be ahead or behind you, but they’re not, they’re living according to the pace of their clock, so be patient. You’re not falling behind, it’s just not your time.
If you’re struggling to write, find yourself distracted during a writing session or just can’t seem to think of what comes next, I highly recommend writing sprints.
For those of you who don’t know, a writing sprint is where you write as much as you can within a certain amount of time: 5, 10, 15 minutes. You could even go for the 1k30min challenge.
The point of the sprints is to write as much as you can. It doesn’t matter about the quality. It doesn’t matter if your spelling is atrocious or if anything makes sense. The point is building your word count. Set the timer on your phone, and just type.
I do a minimum of 2 1k30min a day, and my writing output has increased from barely 600 words a day, where I’m distracted by the internet or struggling with what to write, to 2500+ words a day.
I plan to continue using sprints whenever I write because it helps me focus. I challenge myself to do better, to write more and with each sprint it gets easier.
2) Rape, sexual assault, harassment, abuse, self-harm, suicide, bullying, depression, eating disorders, anxiety, etc… Those are to be taken very VERY seriously. It’s not something to joke about.
3) If you are racist/homophobic or close-minded like that, this isn’t a place you wanna be.
4) People here say that you must not EVER speak of tumblr outside of tumblr, and that specifically includes mentioning your url on facebook/twitter or connecting your tumblr to them. And you know what? They’re right. We come here because tumblr is that place where we can express ourselves the way we want, and in a way stay safely anonymous from our own life outside of tumblr. Here (whether by posts, reblogs or tags) we reveal more of our identities, thoughts, secrets, insecurities, moments of insanity etc… than we would ever reveal on other SNS. If you’re interested in revealing yourself so openly to your social circle of family and friends outside of tumblr, if you’re ready for it, then I won’t judge you. Go ahead.
5) There are real people behind their computers/phones on this site. Real people who can have their feelings hurt. People have enough shit to deal with in their lives so don’t be that anon hater/cyber bully and make things worse.
6) Tumblr loves animals.
7) Your “I’ll just check my dash for five minutes” will turn to five hours of scrolling and reblogging.
8) DON’T fuck with superwholock. They will come for you.
9) Supernatural has a gif for everything. Don’t even try to test them, there’s no point.
10) Gifs everywhere.
11) No one really knows how to pronounce ‘gif’
12) I like your shoelace.
13) DON’T try to take credit for something you did not do. Always give credit to the artist/photographer/blog if you repost but still, there’s a reblog option for a reason.
14) There are too many sides of tumblr to count.
15) Science side of tumblr can explain anything.
16) Fandom side of tumblr can hijack any post.
17) DO NOT INSULT SOMEONES SHIP.
18) No one spells Benedips Cumbercumber’s name right.
19) Harry Potter is a beloved.
20) Kpop fandom are in constant ‘too many feels’ mode and are always unable to can.
get to know me meme: [7/10] families → Weasleys “I think I know who that one’s from,“ said Ron, turning a bit pink and pointing to a very lumpy parcel. “My mom. I told her you didn’t expect any presents and – oh, no,” he groaned, “she’s made you a Weasley sweater.” Harry had torn open the parcel to find a thick, hand-knitted sweater in emerald green and a large box of homemade fudge. “Every year she makes us a sweater,” said Ron, unwrapping his own, “and mine’s always maroon.” “That’s really nice of her,” said Harry, trying the fudge, which was very tasty.
@lilacxsehun requested: Jungkook/Reader inspired by the lyrics “He says I know what I want and I want it now I want you cause I’m Mr. Vain” in which Jungkook is the CEO of a big company you work for. Pairing: Jungkook | Reader Genre: Fluff/Smut; CEO/Boss AU Word Count: 12,037 Author’s Note: I’ve always wanted to try my hand at a CEO AU so I was very excited to get this request. As I was writing this, I wasn’t entirely sure if Jungkook’s position should constitute him more as a CEO or a boss but eh, ignore the technicalities.
Summary: In which an awkward first encounter with your new boss gives Jeon Jungkook all the more reason to make your job an interesting experience.
To say you are late would be a complete and utter, tragic and ill-fitting, understatement. By the time you were supposed to be here at the building, you had just finished adding the last minute touches to your hair with the straightener, and by the time you were supposed to be doing that you needed to finish your makeup and by the time that was happening—!
Well, you get the idea.
Point is, you are running incredibly behind on your schedule—as if life just wanted to prove a point that no matter how much it seemed you could stitch your life together by managing to land an interview for a company actually relevant to your degree, something always had to go wrong. It just so happens that the bad day you constantly worried about just had to occur today. On the day of your interview.
You think it might be enough to get you to scream. First, the power just had to cut off the night before, disarming your alarm clock and resetting all the previous settings so instead of just beeping at some abnormal time it just didn’t ring at all. Given that you had also forgotten to plug your phone in for charging the night before as well, there was no way that could have been any source of an alternative method for waking up. All of that led up to the simple fact regarding the issue that you have a very difficult time waking up in the morning even with an alarm, so having none only elevated that struggle, bursting out of bed after frantically wondering about the time, and attempting to compress an hour’s worth of preparation into 5 minutes.
i went to ricegum’s video and debunked each of his claims against ian/idubbbz. im copying it here for my own needs lmao
*Time to debunk each and every one of this cunt’s “points”*
1. *“The Rape Comment Was Really Old”* Doesn’t mean you’re not still an asshole, asshole. 2. *“Out Of Everyone, Why Is IDubbbz the One To Call Me Out on Rape?”* Please point out where Ian asks a rape victim if the rape felt good in front of an audience. Unlike you, Idubbbz is a persona, he was made for comedic reason. You’re just an asshole. He says it in a way where everyone knows he’s joking and everyone finds it humorous, asshole. 3. Oh look, a skit on making fun of you apologizing about a rape joke. Hilarious. Asshole. 4.* “I-I Had 2 Options, Be Boring and Play Video Games, or Play Video Games and Be A Lowkey Rapist and Perverted Asshole”*, Asshole. 5. *“It Just Slipped Out, I Mean, PewDiePie Said "Nigger”.“* Pewdiepie said nigger once and made a heartfelt apology explaining that he knew he was wrong and didn’t compare himself to other people to prove he was better. You said things multiple times, had no remorse and continued to do so, and gave a half-assed apology, asshole. 6. *"People Find it Funny That Ian Says "Nigger Faggot” so Why Can’t I be a Pervert"* Everyone who knows idubbbz can easily tell when he is/isn’t joking. Same with your shit content. Same with everyone. You got 4 black dudes who haven’t heard of idubbbz to watch idubbbz once and they got offended, yeah, no shit. He was joking. You were not. Asshole. 7. It’s hilarious how you apologize for sexualizing women by sexualizing a woman. Honestly, no hate to her, good on her, but why make her pole dance in this video? You can easily make another video? Asshole. 8. *“Idubbbz has deleted videos of his video gaming days”* Yes, and he brings them up almost all the time. I haven’t subscribed to him long enough to know what he used to do, but he brings up his slenderman gangnam style days every now and then. He’s not hiding them, dumb ass, and he’s not ashamed. He wanted his channel to be different so he deleted videos that didn’t fit into his criteria. Not because he was suddenly embarrassed, but because he wanted his channel to go a different direction, asshole. 9. *“Thanks for the views bro”* Jesus you’re a real cunt. What are you, fucking 12 years old? Christ. 10. *“Imagine being a young boy whos father took him into the city blah blah blah”* No one fucking cares, asshole 11. *“I’m going to keep flexing and I’m not sorry, but now I know not to show off everything I get”* this is the only good point of this video. Savour it. 12. *“But PewDiePie-”* God shut the fuck up? This video isn’t about pewdiepie. You can’t use him as a shield because he isn’t fucking part of it.Yes, Pewdiepie stretched his videos to 10 minutes a “handful” (as you called it) amount of times. And? _And?_ This video isn’t about him. I genuinely can’t believe that this asshole tries to point the drama in a different direction every chance he possibly fucking can. I’m not even sure what to fucking say. Stop being a pussy and grow a pair. 13. “I Guess I’ll Learn Some New Words” That…wasn’t even the point of that part of the content cop. It was about how you felt like you were above someone else who called people irrelevant and made fun of them the way you do, asshole. 14. “How dare you tell me what is and isn’t a jOk e ??!!1!1!” Jesus. This point had no structure to it. He was just saying “fuck you” to iDubbbz and avoiding the criticism. 15. *“Being Recorded IRL w/o consent is Different from Being Recorded On Stream w/o consent”* This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Have you forgotten that you were asking girls to take off their shirts/show cleavage/get nudes from these girls in front of an audience that they weren’t aware of? You are an idiot. 16. *“I need the 10k that i promised to someone else just in case”* Enough said. Not only are you a rich asshole, you’re a penny-pinching rich asshole. 17. *“I Can’t Vlog My Own Music Video”* The critique was that you were saying that YOU made the video and music and that YOUR video was great. If you want to talk about how the music that “YOU” make is great, credit the people who actually MAKE your music. Asshole. 18. *This is the point where ricegum completely avoids the ghostwriter allegations because he doesn’t want to admit that he has a ghostwriter. What a pussy.* 19. *“He’s Obsessed With Me”* By your definition, he’s also obsessed with LeafyisHere, Keemstar, the Fine Bros, Tana Mongeau, and everyone he’s ever done a content cop. Get off your own dick.
Didn’t watch through the diss track because I didn’t feel like having my ears bleed profusely.
I'm pretty new to comics. When did Johnny find out Peter's identity?
He finds out in Spider-Man/Human Torch #5, in what is probably the greatest identity reveal of all time:
Peter’s teaching high school at this point in time, so they’re in their mid-20s and have known each other approximately 10 years.
Look at that nonverbal communication; to betray how long I’ve been in fandom, Spideytorch DEFINITELY pass the broccoli test.
Let me know if you have any other questions, anonymous!
Winning? Is that what you think it’s about? I’m not trying to win. I’m not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It’s not because it’s fun and God knows it’s not because it’s easy. It’s not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do, because it’s right. Because it’s decent. And above all, it’s kind. It’s just that. Just kind. If I run away today, good people will die. If I stand and fight, some of them might live. Maybe not many, and maybe not for long. Hey, you know, maybe there’s no point in any of this at all. But it’s the best I can do, so I’m going to do it. And I’ll stand here doing it till it kills me. You’re going to die too. Some day. How will that be? Have you thought about it? What would you die for? Who I am, is where I stand. And where I stand, is where I fall.
Some things the Legends keep forgetting about Mick Rory:
1. He was tortured and brainwashed
2. He has lived more lives than all of them combined.
3. He took wouldn’t leave Ray behind in a Russian prison.
4. He has mental illnesses.
5. He was willing to sacrifice himself for this team.
6. He has literally carried most of them at one point.
7. He has saved their asses on numerous occasions.
8. He captained his own ship, the man knows more about time travel than probably even Rip.
9. He’s a trauma survivor.
10. He watched the one person who had his back, who didn’t treat him like a dog, die in his place.
Same adventure as my previous submission, this interaction takes place before that one by 1 session. Our half orc barbarian has a… quirk. He likes to skin monsters and make clothing out of them (he has a cloaker cloak, bugbear head he turned into a hat, dragon turtle scale shield, along with other miscellaneous articles of homemade clothes) and take the left hands of humans. This sometimes causes issues for us.
Barbarian: (to water cultists who ambushed us) Do you know who I am?
Cultists look at each other in confusion before their leader speaks up.
Cultist: No, should I?
B: I’m (name) the tailor!
Gm sighs and rolls dice: Take 10 damage.
B: I throw 9 of my severed hands (he had 27 at this point, in various states of decay) at them yelling “I just wanted to give you a HAND with your wardrobe!”
Gm: take another 20 damage. Also, 2 of the cultists crap themselves so violently at the sight of the decaying hands they die.
A Musician PSA: How playing my saxophone paralyzed my mouth
Hi! I’m Katie for those who don’t know me and I want to share to you all my story on how my Mouth Machine Broken from playing my instrument too hard. So, I’ve played alto saxophone for 10, going on 11 years now. Throughout my music career I’ve played in many ensembles, mostly in high school. Every single day I either had practice or I was practicing. I would always practice until my mouth was too tired to play anymore (we call it busting our chops here but you get the point). I also picked up trumpet whilst marching DCA in the 2016 season (shout out to my hurcs), so I was practicing hardcore all the time. So anyways, in this past February, I woke up one day with what looked like a bubble on the inside of my lower lip. I developed a “mucocele” or “mucous cyst” inside of my lip. They occur when a salivary gland in your mouth gets plugged up and it results in a collection of fluid in one duct. The common cause is from trauma to the mouth or excessive lip biting. Mine was caused by playing my instruments too hard to a point where I actually hurt myself. As a result, I needed to get it surgically removed. In early March I had the surgery, which resulted in my lip being swollen for a week and a half, and stitches that stayed in my lip for 2 weeks. The mucous cyst and all surrounding salivary glands in my mouth were removed. Throughout this entire time, of course, I was unable to play my instrument and I missed 2 performances. Due to the fact that my salivary glands had to be cut out of my lip, I suffered a lot of nerve damage in my lower lip. It took me 4 months to completely relearn how to play my saxophone, and its 6 months later now and I can’t play for longer than 45 minutes without losing control of my embouchure. My mouth is slowly regaining feeling, but it can take years to completely heal. I have been unable to buzz on a mouthpiece since then, and I still try to get a sound out of my trumpet often. So please, my dearest musician friends. Do not overplay if you don’t need to. Do not bite your lips when you are nervous or try not to out of habit. Take care of your precious faces, because it can permanently damage your music careers if you don’t.
This is about volleyball. One of my first anime obsessions. It has so much comedy tho, and a lot of salty ass bitches and APPRECIATION FOR SHORT PEOPLE. I really recommend if ur new to anime. So far, I’m pretty sure it’s over but season 4 might be coming in 2017. It’s a sports anime about volley, as I mentioned and any mention of volleyball will trigger characters.
2. Yuri!!! On Ice
A very gay ice skating show. Most of you have probably already watched it. It makes me cry way too much. And there’s a lot of kids you might want to adopt. Basically, if you ever wanted anything from your otp, watch this show and you’ll get double of that. Disadvantage is that it raises expectations for all animes smh.
3. Tokyo Ghoul
THIS IS THE SADDEST AND MOST BAD ASS ANIME EVER. Honestly, it made me so so so so upset. I cried a lot. But it’s like super cool. It has gruesome parts and a lot of things that might trigger suicidal people, those who hurt themselves or those who’ve been abused. If blood makes you uncomfortable, don’t watch. Other than that, it’s actually got a great plot and story and characters are amazingly developed.
There’s a guy who’s slightly deranged tho, and a drag queen but those details can be skipped over.
4. Charlotte The reason I like this is because there’s a badass girl in this like what the fUck. They have supernatural powers and it’s cool BC the main character actually misused them like all the time it’s hilarious but later on he becomes so amazing and he’s so ffing domeSTIC AND CUTE. Also he’s very salty AND OMG TE FINALE WAS AMAZING LIKE THE GUY, HE IS SO FUCKING COOL IT HAD ME CRYING SO HARD DEFFO ONE OF THE BESTEST ANIME
5. Bungou Stray Dogs
Literally you will fall in love with the main character so fast lmao. Suicide mentions like, constantly. At first, it’s supposed to be humor but in the second season; the arc of one of the characters is so good and will explain why he mentions suicide so much.
AGAIN WITH THE HUMOR. And unlike other supernatural animes I’ve watched, this one doesn’t make people with powers the bad guys.
They’re very appreciated.
6. Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi / Escape
The plot is amazing. Made me cry a lot. The characters are great. Basically, it’s about how this guy goes back in time to prevent things from happening and oh mY GOSH ITS GREAT.
Another super cool supernatural one. definitely worth it. Graphics are great and so are the characters. Its ongoing and the second season is about to end. you’ll seriously feel love/hate
8. Free! Any mention of water will make main character strip. Quite gay. I haven’t watched all of it but I’m about to finish it in a few episodes. Again, this is good for anime beginners. Also, trigger warning for those who’re afraid of drowning.
9. K. That’s literally what it’s called. I think it stands for Kings but yeah. It’s also really good and it’s about head clans that are looking for a colorless king who can transfer into different people ad make them do awful things so they get targeted by the different clans (blue, red, etc)
10. Mob Psycho 100 ~ THIS IS A MUST WATCH. I keep adding new animes I know but this is important. It’s humor is on point, unexpected twists are everywhere. The characters are lovable and it’s really good for beginner supernatural anime. It’ll make you cry and laugh.
BONUS : DEATH NOTE. Okay, the plot is incredible. Things that you won’t be able to think of and they’ll leave you mind blown. Characters are human af like it’s supernatural but everything is so natural, like the nature of people. Warning: like, everyone dies. Don’t get too attached to characters. But yeah, it’s an old anime and has 37 episodes in total I think, but it’s super good!!
DM: “So, the kuo-toa lead you towards what seems to be a shrine, there are a few villagers dancing around it chanting.“ (insert religion rolls here) "You seem to recognize it as one of their gods…or priestesses, or something along that vein. You also know that regurgitating at their altar is a sign of great respect”
Bard (currently magically disguised as a GIANT kuo-toa): “Well, they think I’m their god, Who am I to say no?”
*Proceeds to majestically vomit chunks of boat all over their altar.*
The party required a 10 minute break at this point, as laughter had incapacitated two of our party members.