Characters: Y/N, Dean Winchester, Sam Winchester, Sammy Winchester (no I am not stuttering!), Lisa Braeden (mentioned), Ben Braeden (mentioned), Chuck (mentioned) Lucifer (mentioned), Michael (mentioned)
Pairing: Sam x Reader, Dean x Lisa
Warnings: Character death (only as in canon), nothing much else I think.
Word Count: 1600ish
A/N: Hey guys welcome to SPN Angst Appreciation Day 2017 - I hope y’all are ready to cry. As one of your hosts I thought it was my duty to do my best to make sure you go to bed with puffy eyes tonight so I am posting 3 brand new one shots in honor of this day. This is number 1
Thanks to @blacktithe7 for being a sweetie and betaing this for me
It was Tuesday, and just like any other Tuesday, you had gone to the park. You sat on the bench watching the kids play as you gently rocked the stroller with your sleeping baby boy inside it.
You didn’t come here for your son though. You came for you. You had been ever since the moment you had found out you were pregnant. It had been a Tuesday too, and a beautiful day just like today. You had called the only person you could think to call, even if you had vowed to each other only 3 weeks ago to go your separate ways and start over. Given your condition, that promise hadn’t lasted long, and this park had not only become your place to dream, it had become your meeting ground. It had become your only connection to the father of your child.
“Hey, how’s little Sammy doing?” his voice sounded behind you, and you looked up to see the tall, broad ex-hunter standing above your stroller, smiling softly at your sleeping son .
“Growing like weed,” you answered, making Dean chuckle as you raised from your seat to let him hug you.
hey, First things first: I love your blog! it has helped me a lot in writing over the years ❤️ With the story I am writing at the moment I have fallen in love with the main character and the general idea so I wanna writ it out properly but I cannot think about a proper conflict to bring the story forward. Do you have any texts to read to figure out a good conflict for a protagonist? It would help me a lot Thank you
I’m so glad you’ve found the blog to be helpful! :) <3
The best way to figure out a plot for a plot-less character is to ask yourself these questions:
1) What does my character want more than anything?
2) How do they plan to get this thing?
3) What happens that changes everything? How does their goal change as a result? How does their motivation change?
4) What’s their plan for moving forward?
5) How does this thing cause additional obstacles to be thrown into their path?
6) How do they tackle each obstacle?
7) Do they ultimately get what they wanted?
If you have trouble thinking of the big “life changing” thing that could happen, consider what’s the best and worst thing that could happen to your character. The answers will provide some possible “inciting incidents” to get your story off on its path. Read my post
How to Give Your Story a Purpose for more. :) <3
———————————————————————————– Have a writing question? I’d love to hear from you! Prohibited questions: portrayal of diverse characters, portrayal of emotions, specialist knowledge questions (medical, military, mental health, etc.), “how to portray/describe,” asking for tropes/cliches, asking for resources; broad, vague, or complicated questions. See master list & main site for more info!
I'm gonna sound so naive ik but if the illuminati actually does do amazing things for you, what's the downside? Why would anyone want to leave?
No question is naive my friend. We are here to educate. And it’s because you have to do shitty things. You’re literally blackmailed. For every good thing they do, it’s accompanied with 5 bad things. Say for example I want a #1 song. However, they want me to prove my loyalty to them so maybe they ask me to drug my sister in law or shoot someone who has been threatening to leak top info. Now what? I drugged someone and I committed murder. I got my #1 song. Now I wanna leave. No no. Why? They got proof what I did and now I’m being blackmailed. Once again, the human species truly are a failed species lol
oh my god okay I LOVE the scenes where they get all grumpy with each other and bicker like an old married couple. you know where cas is all “deeaaannn” in that exasperated tone of his and dean is all protective over him and calling him stupid bc he could’ve gotten hurt or is about to get hurt or smthn. so I gotta say, the scene at the diner in 12x10 may be my favorite (although, I love like asldkhg all of them ofc)
[x] just look at them!!!! with their own little silent language and everything. cas is all “dean pls, i had this handled” and dean is just “shut up cas, you ain’t keepin’ me outta this.’ and i just!!!!!!!!! love them!!!!!
Evak fans are the most annoying species I have ever met during my tumblr experience. For real. We all went through this season with the evaks bombarding the tag with "Sana should just talk to isak and even", not mention how there are still people that would have preferred even as main. THE DUDE ALREADY GOT A SEASON, stop whining about how we should know more about his mental illness when all you want is more Evak. Yes, to answer you, isak and even fans ruined skam.
hmmm i know that i won’t change your mind but i want to say some things:
1. people wanted sana to talk to isak and even because she was feeling alone, and girls didn’t even notice it. so of course people want it, because these boys have kind hearts.
2. and i’m sorry what’s wrong that some people wanted even as the main? yes sana is important, but even is important too. and not because of evak, but because of his own story. also people wanted it even more after julie let other people told his story. and please don’t tell me and other people that we care more about evak and not about mental illness. even is everything to me and i relate to him even more than i wanted to. please don’t be rude and ignorant. you can’t know what people think and feel.
and sorry you just told me how much you hate them but didn’t answer why they ruined skam.
Now I have watched 7x19 and all the most recent interviews with Sasha/shay/marlene here is what I think:
1. I want AD to be Ezra - I really don’t like him - I think Aria deserves someone better however I think after seeing the promo he may not be as I think he may get injured/killed one can dream though. He is still number 1 on my list of suspects. He is also a “love scorned boy” as he wanted Alison way back in season 1…
2. I don’t think AD is melissa - I can break this down into a few parts:
a. firstly Marlene said about trying really hard to get her back for the final - Marlene has also said about knowing who she wanted AD to be from earlier seasons and how shes always had an idea of where she was going to go if they signed extra seasons. It would be a bit risky having AD be a character who isn’t a main actor or actress as they aren’t contracted into the show like the main cast. So she has no obligations to come back if asked.
b. its been hinted that AD hides in plain site - Melissa hasn’t been around in ages although I know she could be in a mask I just highly doubt AD would be a stand in actor in a mask until the reveal.
c. Also tying in with point b - Sasha said in a recent interview about asking a certain person the right questions to figure out AD for herself and Marlene said she had talked to the person and they had asked not to be revealed so their cast mates would not be affected throughout filming. Torrey has been filming elsewhere and hasn’t been around.
3. I don’t think a twin is AD either as I think this would follow too closely to the books and I HOPE marlene isn’t stupid enough to do that. Also I think for example if one of the girls had a twin throughout previous episodes it would be in the script “spencers twin sleeps with toby” and then the cast would know and as said above Marlene has said the actor/actress asked to not be revealed. They would have to have had some crazy way of getting around this if this was the case.
4. I think it may at some point in the final look as if there is a twin but really its AD using a mask - Marlene mentioned masks in a recent interview
5. I think Emison have a boy
6. Marlene says in her last interview that she isn’t going to say if Paige is in the final - I am thinking she may be in a flashback scene?
7. I think AD is someone using possibly a fake name in their everyday life but really is someone from the past whos been mentioned before e.g. bethany could be any of the female actresses. Charles might not be dead and the whole charles is charlotte thing may have been lie to cover up things? I don’t have a set theory on this but I think to make a better back story for why AD has done what they have done they would need to be someone who is really involved in one or all of the liars lives.
8. I think there might be two weddings - one interupted by some shocking news/death/injury (Ezrias) and one that takes place instead of the one that is interupted. I hope for Emison.
I may add to this later but these are just my intitial thoughts.
Today didn’t start off very well. I didn’t eat breakfast because I didn’t get up until 1 p.m. I wanted to try and get my steps in, but it is going to rain the rest of the day. I could go to the gym, but meh. I’m also getting really bad cramps. So much for no excuses today. I don’t want to weigh in Monday.
ok, so i know i’ve only had this blog for a few days, but !! i thought i would post this now considering the following i’ve gathered. this is just something to ease my anxiety, & make me more !!! well, opened to messaging you first & screaming about our characters. i’ll be accepting two of each character, & may consider exclusives if asked. original characters are welcomed.
reasons to leave a heart:
♚ you want sinbad & i’s unconditional love & affection
♛ you want to be @’d by me &/or don’t mind shitposting with me
♚ you want 1.6k+ threads with me, & constant validation through memes
♛ you don’t mind me gusHING ABOUT YOU ON YOUR PROMOS OR TO OTHER PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!
♚ you want a personal tag for our muses’ relationship
♛ if you’re not a normal rp blog, but a cool rp blog B)
Tagged by @poketime1000 ! Share 10 facts about yourself and a selfie! (If you want!)
1. I love to read! In high school, I went everywhere with a book (one borrowed from the library every three days) Good times! Now, I don’t really have the time to devour books. I miss it a lot.
2. I’m a watercolour artist (you might not know since I’m posting a lot of digital stuff) I used to hate watercolours, but I know how to use them. Now and it’s my go-to medium! It’s so easy to use and every time some one tells me how difficult it is, I always give them a funny look. And these are the same people that say acrylics are easier! Dude! Nah! I struggle with those and I’d really love to learn how to use them! They’re also pretty messy and it’s a lot of preparation and clean up. I’m lazy. With my watercolours, I just full a lot of water, pull out my palette and I’m ready!
3. I like shopping at the thrift store! Clothes are cheaper and you find some really cool things that you won’t see anywhere else. Also books. I got a brand new book for £1.20! In a normal book store, I’d probably have to pay £10
4. I have a sister. We’re three years apart. And we don’t look a like. You know, in that way siblings resemble each other? She looks like my aunt, who has a son that looks like he could be my brother. Everyone says that I look like my grandmother. I have her teeth a least. I’m gonna be toothless by 60.
5. I went to all girls primary and secondary schools. At 12, I was so glad, because I was a nervous wreck around boys. I probably came off a rude and stuck up, but that was because I was expecting them to be rude and teasing jerks.
6. Steven universe is the only thing that I draw so much fan art for. I’m actually not a huge fan artist. I’ve tried in the past and no matter how much I liked the thing, trying to make fan art would bore me. I still add some original ideas to my SU fan art, though. It would get boring if I had to draw the characters in the su style, as they are. I like to make AUs or give them fancy clothing and I have gemsonas that I can do whatever I want with. ( I usually dress them pretty too)
M7. I’d rather stay home, draw, read and drink tea than go out to the club. Clubbing is boring when you do it all the time. I still find it boring even though I only go once or twice a year. Most of the adults in my life want me to go out clubbing and get drunk and ‘have a good time’. None of that is appealing and alcohol tastes gross. Mix it with something sweet and I might drink it
8. Before my new computer, half of the electronics that I had, I won in art competitions. I’ve been entering since I was 13 and I’d either come first or second. I won a laptop at 13, a PS 3 at 16 and an ipad 4 at 17. I haven’t won an art competition since and really don’t expect to. Before, I went against people who were definitely more skilled, but their ideas were unoriginal and overdone. Now, I go against art students, like myself, who know how to think outside the box and who are very much skilled.
9. My worst subject was math (said the artist) Algebra was confusing!! When I think I got it, I don’t, because THERE'SSSS MOOORRRRE!!! An 'more’ totally contradicts what we just learned!! It’s was confusing and useless to me. The only math I use, is the basic math that I learned in primary school. High school math was a waste for me. Maybe in the later years, it should only be taught to those that are actually going to use it in their careers later on? Like my friend Maria. The weirdo went to study additional math on top of regular math!!!! (Don’t know how she did it!) who knows? Maybe I would need the algebra later on. If I do, then I’m screwed, though.
10. My favourite animals are rabbits and owls. Rabbits are soft and adorable! I follow a lot of them on Instagram. My sister has one as well. He’s pretty big and he scares people when they see him for the first time. He’s a big wuss, though and wouldn’t hurt a fly. Unless it picked him up. He hates being held. I got into owls after watching Owls of Ga'Hoole. I love love love that movie and it’s a great shame that it wasn’t popular enough for them to make more. It’s a book series as well and I’d like to get it someday. I have an owl t shirt (but I need a new one), My cousin got me an owl necklace, my aunt got me an owl bag and jewelry box. Everyone knows how much I love owls. I made a bunny owl hybrid creature. I’m not sure what to call it.
I’m not sure who to tag, but if you’d like to do it, go ahead! You can put me as tagging you if you’d like!
Thanks for help me out with this important experiment. I think we’ve proven definitively that while there may be no stupid questions, there definitely are plenty of stupid answers. I feel like we’ve made significant progress for humanity today. Thanks, guys…
I’ve got a tea party to run off to, but don’t forget to register for gishwhes.com before tomorrow at 1 PM PDT if you want to win the autographed prize pack from me!
A Handful of Questions to Ask Yourself While Creating a Character
Compelling characters make compelling stories. Here’s a bunch of questions you can ask yourself while developing a character.
1) What does your character want from life? What is their motivation? What drives them? Most people want things - it could be as small as wanting a sandwich, or something huge like wanting to change the world. Does your character want something? Does your character dream? What about? And if they don’t, why don’t they?
2) Is your character shy? Outgoing? Insecure? Proud? Why are they the way they are? My favourite example of this question answered well is Ron Weasley from Harry Potter. He’s insecure because he doesn’t come from a wealthy family, has a bunch of older brothers who are all amazing in some form or way, his mother always wanted a daughter, Ginny, and so he doesn’t feel as wanted. Also, one of his best friends is the Chosen One, and the other is the brightest witch of her age - a cocktail that would make anyone doubt themselves.
3) What kind of clothes does your character wear? Why? The way you dress says a lot about who you are. For instance, If a character wears designer clothes and the latest fashions, it shows that they have the means to keep up with the trends. However if they wear a medley of things bought second-hand, or buy cheap stuff from supermarkets, they might not have the money to spare on outfits, or maybe they just don’t care about fashion.
4) How does your character speak? Speech patterns have origins. An accent, language, a dialect, all signify geography, social class, personality. It could be as simple as cussing too much. But be sure you know why your character speaks the way they do. And if it’s not a speech pattern you’re familiar with, do your research!
5) Likes and dislikes I sometimes give characters specific likes (”I like tomatoes”) or specific dislikes (”I dislike eggs”), simply because it humanises them. You don’t have to do this, or be as specific as that, if it doesn’t serve your story. But it’s definitely something you can consider. Everyone has those little things they love and hate, and you can go places with them. (”I hate eggs because my childhood bully threw an egg at me and scarred me for life.”) Be creative and have fun with it.
6) Who does your character love? Romantic attraction isn’t necessary to create a wholesome character. Nevertheless, if they are in love with someone, be sure to understand why they love someone. Love is at its best, a complicated emotion difficult to break down, but a relationship has to be believable. As a reader, I need to be able to look at a couple and think, yeah, I can see what their love is built on.
7) What would their favourite songs be? This is not so much a question as it is a trick I use to get a better feel for who my character is. No matter what time period your story is set in, you can use this to understand your character better. Take your playlist and pick what songs they would enjoy. It says a lot about who they are. For instance, one of my characters would enjoy Western classical music and nothing else. Another character listens to the worst kind of pop and loves it.
8) How does your character react under stress? Can they cope with it? Do they get tense? Angry? Teary? Why? Why not? How a person deals with stress is a vital part of their personality. Decisions taken under stress can be the worst you’ve ever made, or (depending on how you handle stress), can be effective solutions to problems. The way a person reacts to stress often has a lot to do with their background and upbringing. Example (this is a generalisation, of course): someone who comes from a difficult family background may have more extreme reactions to stress than someone who is well-adjusted and comes from a happy family.
9) What does your character do when they’re alone? You’re often a different person alone than when you are with other people. The pretences and false faces come away, and all the little thoughts you usually ignore now have time to play in the open. Who is your character when they’re alone? What do they do? What do they think about? Why do they think about/do things in that way?
10) Where does your character fail? Characters must have flaws to be compelling. Nobody is perfect, and your character shouldn’t be either. Whether its insecurity or anger, or a lack of initiative, or smaller things like not being a good artist, or not being the best at sports–we all have personal failings and we all have things we aren’t good at. Consider: where does your character mess up?
I hope this helps! Remember to have fun. Developing characters can be the most exciting thing. Keep an open mind while working. Happy writing!