1 Year Bible Study; Notes from Week 1 Day 2
Chapters covered: John 1:1-3, Psalm 8; 104
- John 1:1a; In the beginning, the Word already existed. – I love how bluntly this is put in NLT. It’s like it’s saying, ‘Duh, everyone knows that!’ Kind of cracks me up. But I also like the idea that the Word has lived as long as God has; forever! I also never drew the conclusion that the Word = Jesus. Major blonde moment!
- Psalm 8:2; You have taught children and infants to tell of Your strength, silencing Your enemies and all who oppose You. – Wow, this is powerful. To think that God uses children, infants, even, to spread His glory is just amazing. This passage kind of proves that you don’t have to be a pastor to know how mighty God is and tell people about Him!
- Psalm 8:4; What are mere mortals that You should think about them, human beings that You should care for them? – This is indeed a sobering fact. God does NOT have to love us, yet He does. He always will. He always has! How wonderful is He to give us unconditional love! Yet how ignorant we are to ignore that.
- Psalm 8:5a; Yet You made them a little lower than God. – To think that we gave all of that up for sin saddens me, a little.
- Psalm 104 – The entirety of this Psalm is a wonderful image in my mind. To see an almighty God as He bends and shifts the Earth as He pleases.. That would be a sight!