Advice I Wish I Got When I Was Younger
- You don’t need to grow up so fast, you’re only a kid for 18 years, then you’ll have all the time in the world to be an adult
- Those other kids you’re afraid of talking to because “you’re not cool enough” aren’t judging you. Nobody is judging you except for you.
- School counselors are there to help you, it’s okay to ask them for help and they aren’t as bad as everyone says they are.
- You don’t have to figure out what you want to do immediately, it may take you until after college or even longer to find what you want to do.
- Nothing is permanent unless you make it permanent (friendships, relationships, etc.) it’s your choice
- If you’re struggling to make friends, don’t worry, it took Dan Howell 18 years to find his best friend, and I know you’ll find someone deserving of you eventually
- Don’t be afraid to tell people no, or they’ll continue walking over you
- If you feel ugly, you’re not. Everyone is insecure and has flaws they worry about, and you’re beautiful.
- Some kids just try to find drama wherever they are, and if they suck you into it somehow, just try to act rational and if they still are giving you a hard time, first confront them about it, then seek help. (some people are assholes, and I know it isn’t fair, but there’s nothing you can do about them unfortunately, except stand your ground and be a good person)
- Sleep is important, it’s better for you to stop studying, go to sleep, and study in the morning than to study all night.
- You’re going to graduate in just a few years, then you have the rest of your life ahead of you so, if you’re struggling currently don’t worry, there’s more to life than what you see now.
If you have anything to add on go ahead! Also feel free to message or send in asks if you ever need advice or help, I’ll be here to listen, and if you want, to give you the best advice I can.
- Adolescent Suicide Hotline
- Adolescent Crisis Intervention & Counseling Nineline
- Domestic Violence Hotline
- Drug & Alcohol Treatment Hotline
- Eating Disorders Center
- Family Violence Prevention Center
- Gay & Lesbian National Hotline
- Gay & Lesbian Trevor HelpLine Suicide Prevention
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse)
- Post Abortion Trauma
- Project Inform HIV/AIDS Treatment Hotline
- Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network (RAINN)
- Runaway Hotline
- Self-Injury Hotline SAFE
(Self Abuse Finally Ends)
1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288)
- Sexual Assault Hotline
- STD Hotline
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Suicide & Crisis Hotline
- Suicide Prevention - The Trevor HelpLine
(Specializing in gay and lesbian youth suicide prevention).
- Teen Helpline
- Victim Center
- Youth Crisis Hotline
Don’t hesitate to call these if you need to.