Duhokis have such a weird accent and they’re not even that far from us Amedis.
We call spoons kefçik, they say kaçik.
We call power/electricity kehreb they say kareb.
We call home mal and they say that, too, but they pronounce it like “mall” in English whereas we pronounce it like the world “mole” (kinda) in English.
I don’t even remember what they call a tail, but we call it dîv and they say something waaaay different.
Their entire accent in general is so easily recognizable but every time we go to Duhok, literally everyone asks if we’re Amedi because of the way we speak.
There’s a lot more. I wish I would’ve written them down, but I didn’t. These are just things I hear my uncle’s wife, who’s a Doski, say lol. She’s been in Amediye for almost a decade now but she still has a strong Duhoki accent.
yeS DONT LOOK AT ME I FIRST AND FOREMOST MY PARENTS DONT BUY SWEET THINGS VERY OFTEN AND AS A RESULT NEITHER DO I ALSO GRAHAM CRACKERS DONT EXIST HERE ALSO ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS AND I NEVER BUY MARSHMALLOWS BLEASE LET ME DIE
I really hate that Les Miserables has become the new cringe fandom flavour of the month. Not only because I hate cringe culture with the burning power of a thousand suns, but because it all seemed so important back in 2013, all these kids looking at one of the world’s most famous books with a critical eye, celebrating the sympathetic portrayals of those stilleven nowdowntrodden in society, talking about history, talking about Victor Hugo’s perceptions of gender and race, seeking to fix them…
All gone now, gone in favour of “lol, remember a few years ago when everyone was really obsessed with some dumb book” sort of things. I don’t know if it’s people frantically seeking to disavow whatever their younger selves were passionate about, because passion is uncool; or the same strand of I’m Not Like Other Girls -ism that lurks in every corner of every fandom. But I wish it’d go away.
I know I haven’t made a personal post in a while. Just thought I’d let whoever cares know that all is well. Been busy with extended family stuff.
Yesterday was neat… Whenever we have these extended family things, my great uncle John, my grandma’s twin brother, mentions that he wants to see me do my magic tricks. (I got hooked on magic after watching David Blaine’s first special, I recorded it on VHS… And spent hours figuring out slieghts pre internet access lol)
Anyway… About 8 years ago, I showed them all some stuff, and haven’t really practiced since then. And he brings it up every time he sees me. I usually decline, I haven’t learned anything new, and am incredibly rusty. Plus I feel weird doing silly little tricks for people I’ve looked up to all my life. My family is very hard working, a lot are farmers who have never really had time to pursue silly hobbies like magic or comedy or writing or any of the things that I do. So I feel like a bit of a fool with my silly little things.
But uncle John still keeps asking. Recently, his health has been slipping. He’s had a stroke or two, and his memory is going. And still he remembers my silly tricks. It’s incredibly touching.
Well yesterday I really thought about it, and picked up a deck, and did the 3 card tricks I can still remember. For the whole extended family. They went ok, not great. But it was really nice to see them all smile and laugh. Made me feel pretty great.
That story isn’t really why I started this post. But it’s what happened. I often don’t know what I’m about to write when I start. I think what my subconscious, or whatever I’m tuning into that’s making me write words right know wants to say is this…
Pursue the little things that make you happy. The little art forms. Like writing, drawing, magic, singing, dancing, wood carving, whatever. Pursue them, but don’t keep your little talents to yourself. Share that shit. Sure, you might think you suck. But you just the act of sharing a little piece of yourself is enough to brighten each other’s day. And it is this interconnectivity that we crave from each other. The sharing of little bits and pieces that can make a connection with someone that they’ll remember and think about when they think of you. Not the thing itself, but the feelings exchanged when you shared it with them.
So perform your silly trick for a friend, write someone a poem. Sing a song. Dance. Go make a connection.
the last1. drink: …milk lol 2. phone call:little sister 3. text message: tish aka the other girl in my icon 4. song you listened to: kiss somebody – morgan evans 5. time you cried: idk like two weeks ago? over homework lol 6. dated someone twice: no 7. kissed someone and regretted it: no 8. been cheated on: no 9. lost someone special: i don’t think so… 10. been depressed: lowkey 11. gotten drunk and thrown up: no
3 favourite colours
12. 13. 14.light blue, orange, light purple
in the last year have you 15. made new friends: yes 16. fallen out of love: eh 17. laughed until you cried: yes 18. found out someone was talking about you: yes lol 19. met someone who changed you: yes 20. found out who your friends are: i’ve always known tbh 21. kissed someone on your Facebook list: no
general 22. how many of your Facebook friends do you know in real life: almost all of them. i’d go 98% 23. do you have any pets: a west highland terrier named lucy 24. do you want to change your name: no 25. what did you do for your last birthday: met kelsea ballerini for the first time
26. what time did you wake up: today? 6:45 cuz softball tournament 27. what were you doing at midnight last night: submitting my homework 28. name something you can’t wait for: my family beach vacation next week 29. when was the last time you saw your mom: forty-five minutes ago 31. what are you listening to right now: some shark week show that my sister is watching
32. have you ever talked to a person named tom: yeah 33. something that is getting on your nerves: my crazy ass coworker 34. most visited website: tumblr 35. hair colour: brown
36. long or short hair: long 37. do you have a crush on someone: no
38. what do you like about yourself: my eyes i guess 39. piercings: ears 40. blood type: i feel like i should know this but i have no idea 41. nickname: em or shep or sheppy or idk there’s a lot lol 42. relationship status: single
43. zodiac: leo 44. pronouns: she/her
45. favourite tv show: i watch survivor religiously when it’s on, otherwise i like seasons 1-6 of one tree hill lol 46. tattoos: “don’t you let it go” along my right upper rib cage 47. right or left handed: right 48. surgery: i got a tooth pulled because it refused to fall out 50. sport: softball 51. vacation: idk what this is asking… i take many. last vacation i went on was to delaware for a softball tournament (if that counts)? otherwise like the beach or disney world or something… i also went to visit my friend in richmond… i really don’t know what this wants lol 52. pair of trainers: nikes bruh
MORE GENERAL 53. eating: nothing rn
54. drinking: nothing rn 55. I’m about to: do homework or plan a meal to make on vacation 56. waiting for: vacation 57. want: money tbh 58. get married: do i wanna? yeah… 59. career: i want to teach child actors on movie sets or travel with famous people and tutor their kids while they’re on the road
WHICH IS BETTER 60. hugs or kisses: hugs 61. lips or eyes: eyes 62. shorter or taller: taller 63. older or younger: older 64. nice arms or nice stomach: arms 65. hookup or relationship: relationship 66. troublemaker or hesitant: both, depends on the situation
HAVE YOU EVER: 67. kissed a stranger: no 68. drank hard liquor: yes 69. lost glasses/contact lenses: no 70. turned someone down: yes
71. sex on the first date: no 73. had your heart broken: meh 74. been arrested: no 75. cried when someone died: i have no personal experience with death but i cry over fictional characters’ deaths all the time 76. fallen for a friend: no… well, wait… kinda
DO YOU BELIEVE IN: 77. yourself: most of the time 78. miracles: yes 79. love at first sight: uh huh 80. santa claus: not anymore 81. kiss on the first date: yeah
The Clowns (Pierrot) are a group of ghouls with a mysterious goal or purpose. Its members primarily wear clown-themed masks and state their intentions are to “have the last laugh.” There is no data on their member amount, activity area, nor goals in the CCG database. It is stated that the Clowns do not usually group up, but when they do, they demonstrate exceptional teamwork.
hey remember after iron man 2 came out and everyone was like “lol tony and I are one, tony’s so relatable” and then when the first avengers came out and everyone was like “aww tony didn’t mention himself in the super power lineup poor baby :( I relate tho” and then Tony’s ptsd and depression stopped being so cute and relatable and starting being debilitating and his anxiety wasn’t a quirk it was an untreated mental illness that gave him hyper-paranoia and made him make questionable decisions and then he stopped being everyone’s quirky fave and became tumblr’s scapegoat and the embodiment of all that is evil because “remember how tony sold weapons, remember when tony was mean to Steve on the helicarrier” even though you guys completely ignored that like three years ago lol remember that those were good times
EVEN:(Omg ok so I saw him at the first day of school but talked to him the first time on the 7th october around 19.20 and our first kiss - after we had an almost kiss at the 21st october was on the 30th october when we were supposed to go to a halloween party and broke into a pool and we spent the whole weekend together cuddling and being cute but after that it was confusing and our first time doing more than kissing was on the 25th of november - he is in my phone under mannen i mitt liv since the 26th btw - but id say really really together are we since Isak told me ‘du er ikke alene’ which meant more than ‘i love you’ at the time and that was the 9th of december) Like half a year ago or something.