Draco has loathed Hermione Granger from a safe, perfectly
practical distance for about as long as he can remember.
She’d shown up on the first day of sixth grade with her
powder-blue Kipling backpack stuffed with five individually labeled plastic folders—fucking
color-coded, too—and she’d proceeded
to beat him at everything.
If he got a 99 on an algebra test, she got a 100. If he was
publicly praised by their English teacher for his astute use of simile in an
essay, she was invited to participate in a district-wide writing contest. She
took pristine notes on college-rule notepaper and she stole the state spelling
bee trophy right out of his elegant, neatly-manicured hands after he misspelled
the word ‘sanctimonious’ and she won
the mock Continental Congress debate in their eighth grade history class—while
playing as Alexander Hamilton.
She made him feel like the fucking coyote in those old Saturday
morning cartoons; wily and arrogant and always just on the cusp of winning—until she inevitably arrived with her
laminated book reports and her environmentally-safe highlighters and her ridiculous fucking ergonomically
designed mechanical pencils—just in
time to either push him off a cliff or directly into the path of an oncoming
This really has become more of an index than a rec list, with categories of:
Full length chaptered stories, Series, arcs, collections and short chaptered stories, Atmospheric, poetic, ficlets and drabbles, Pre-slash, Fluff, Established relationships, Flangst, Dark Angst, Humor, Holidays, Coming Out, Smut, Fix-Its/Re-Writes, and AUs
Last time I counted there were over 200 fics on here!
Basically my requirements for this list are:
Is it Cursed Child compliant, in the CC universe or do the characterizations feel close enough to CC?
No disturbing side-pairings or themes (i.e. no dub-con, abuse, drug use, infidelity or major character death. Exceptions will have warnings.)
Is it decently written, easy enough to understand and not cringe-worthy?
Did it make me smile or feel things?
Have I actually read it?
There are many stories, especially multi-chapters and WIPs, that I haven’t gotten around to yet, so this list is mostly made up of one-shots. It is my New Year’s resolution to read longer works. Feel free to add your recommendations in your reblog! Happy Holidays you wonderful little fandom!
Note: I have categorized these fairly loosely. Some fics may fit into more than one category, but I don’t list them twice unless they are individual parts of an arc. The first section is uncategorized. They are a few of my faves, though I definitely have favorites in other categories like atmospheric and fluff, however these ones seemed slightly more complex and are a bit longer. So consider this category…
“Still under the impression that you should have been the first to get a girlfriend eh? What can I say… Ladies love me.”
“Ladies tolerate you.”
‘One-Shot set in Albus and Scorpius’ sixth year at Hogwarts. When Rose doesn’t show up, Albus and Scorpius end up going on an accidental first date. Pure Scorpius and Albus fluff. Awkward conversations and a lot of strange situations’.
I love this so much. This author has seen the play and it shows. Her characterizations and dialogue are so spot on. So awkward, adorable and heartfelt!
‘A ball is being held at Hogwarts to celebrate the end of fifth and seventh year exams. Scorpius has agreed to go with Rose, and Albus shouldn’t be as upset about that as he is. Dancing, fancy robes, obliviousness, and a small sprinkling of brotherly advice ensue.’
This is so gorgeous. Just her description of the robes slayed me. Read everything by torestoreamends!
‘From the moment Scorpius and Albus get on the Hogwarts Express for their fifth year, things start to change. Albus starts to gain confidence both in the classroom and out of it, and Scorpius’ realization that he has greater feelings for his best friend threatens to leave him more alone than he’d ever imagined’.
Wonderful four chapter prequel to ‘Quietly’. Quietly is quite long and intense, but this is a nice getting together story, though it is still quite meaty and introduces important themes for the series.
‘Ginny Potter estimates it will only take three days into the Weasley-Potter family holiday for Albus to act on his feelings for his best friend. Albus estimates it will only take three days for him to die of embarrassment. And Scorpius, well. Scorpius is just glad to be there with Albus in the first place.’
I love this so much! The characters are so spot on and we get to see other Next Gen kids as well as all the grown up characters we love. Come for the Scorbus, stay for Ginny and the whole Weasley clan.
I decided to make this post because
there are so many misinformation flying around in tumblr about Jason that needed
to be corrected.
1) Pre-crisis Jason’s parents
were Joseph Todd and Trina Todd, Post-crisis Jason’s parents were Wills Todd,
Catherine Todd (step-mother) and Shelia Woods (biological mother) and N52 (and
Arkhamverse) Jason’s parents were Wills Todd and Catherine Todd (biological
mother this time).
2) Jason was also legally adopted by Bruce Wayne (Pre-crisis, PC and N52) and Natalia Knight (Pre-crisis).
3) Joseph and Trina Todd (who worked in the circus and were called the flying
Todds) were murdered by the Killer Croc and Jason saw their dead bodies lying
at the lake which really traumatized him.
4) Pre-crisis Jason was blonde, not red headed. And Jason in Post-crisis and N52 (and Arkhamverse) has a black hair.
5) Wills Todd was a petty criminal who got himself involved with two face which
eventually what got him killed.
7) N52 Wills had a big and poor family with many brothers and sisters, but
Jason never got the chance to meet his uncles and aunts.
6) N52 Wills was alcoholic and abusive towards Jason and his mother.
7) Post-crisis Jason (kind of) liked his father and was upset over his death
while N52 Jason hated him.
8) Catherine Todd was a drug addicted who dead due to overdose.
9) N52 Catherine Todd (who was the daughter of a really rich family) met Wills
a bad boy who used to hung out around her school and got pregnant with Jason.
The two eventually got married before Jason was born (which wasn’t a happy
marriage) and like PC Catherine, she become a drug addicted and died because of
10) Jason (PC and N52) really loved Catherine and was (and still is) deeply
affected by her death. He also blamed himself for her death.
11) Jason used to be the one who take care of his parents instead of the other
way around and never got the chance to have a normal childhood.
12) Arkhamverse Todds were really bad parents who tried to sell Jason (when he
was just born!) to crime lord to buy off their debts, but the criminal wasn’t
amused by this and beat up Wills.
13) When he grow older (and before meeting Batman), Jason sold out his parents
to the same crime lord in exchange of him staying out of his territory.
14) Jason was a very smart student with bright future ahead of him (stop
writing him as freaking stupid who fail at school in fanfics! Cause he was
canonically an A’s student!).
15) Jason really, really loves reading and learning.
16) Jason read different kinds of books like science, politics, educational,
languages…etc, but it’s noted that his favorite type of books is
17) Jason and Alfred used to have their own book club where they discuss and read
18) Jason is fluent in many languages like Germany, Russian…etc and can read
20) Jason is fast learner and has some good computer skills.
21) Jason is very harsh against criminals who hurt children and Women.
22) Jason has a short temper and some serious anger issues, but he can also be
pretty chill at times.
23) Jason is anti-hero which means he did some really good stuff and some
really bad stuff which he wasn’t (isn’t) proud of.
24) Jason was the shortest Robin before he died and he’s currently the tallest
25) PC Jason was younger than Dick by seven years and older than Tim by
26) N52 and Rebirth Jason’s canon age is between 18-20 years old (yes, he’s
27) PC Jason was Robin for three years. He met Batman when he was twelve and
died when he was fifteen.
28) N52 Jason was Robin for only one year like Dick and Tim (yeah, the n52 time
line is seriously messed up and it’s better to ignore it). He met Batman when
he was sixteen and died when he was seventeen.
29) Jason smoked when he was a kid, but he never smoked when he returned.
30) Jason and Dick were never close, not in Pre-crisis, PC nor N52 (because he was fighting with Batman at that time and also because he was jealous of Jason for being adopted by Bruce first while he was just a ward) which was something Dick deeply regretted after Jason died and made him try his best
to there for Tim and Damian.
31) N52 Jason has a childhood friend called Gabby who comforted him when he get upset and he protected her from bullies.
32) Jason used to respect and really admire (and kinda jealous of) Dick when he
was Robin, but not anymore.
33) The two used to have a rocky relationship when Jason returned as Red Hood
in PC and at the beginning of N52, but they currently have a friendly
relationship with each other and Dick sees him as a brother while Jason
veryyyyyyyy deep down consider him a family.
34) Jason was really admired by PC Tim. And N52 Tim decided to not call himself Robin and instead call himself Red
Robin from the beginning to honor Jason’s memory.
35) Jason love cars.
36) Jason and Tim weren’t close at all in PC, but they are pretty close in N52
and Tim consider Jason the closest thing to a brother he ever had. They also
worked together a lot.
37) Jason and Damian are not close, but they have begrudged respect toward each
38) In Batman and Robin convergence (which is canon to PC time line), Damian was
pretty jealous of how friendly Batman acted with Jason and decided to randomly
attack him to prove himself and Jason wasn’t amused.They eventually made up and Damian actually called him by his first name instead of Todd.
39) Jason and Damian worked together as Wingman and Flamebird in Batman Inc.
40) Jason, Dick, Tim and Damian are all legally Bruce’s children in PC (Cass
was actually never legally adopted). In N52, only Jason and Damian are acknowledged
as Bruce’s sons while Dick is considered to be the younger brother to Bruce and
Tim as the protege (because his parents are alive and well).
41) Alfred (in N52) told Jason that he is as much as a son to him as he’s to
42) Rena was Jason’s first girlfriend and he was pretty crazy about her.
43) Jason used to have a crush on Donna and Barbara.
44) Jason dated Rose Willson, Essence and Isabel.
45) Jason and Kori were really close friends before she left the Outlaws.
46) Jason and Kara (supergirl) kind of have a friendly relationship in
47) Jason has so many mothers and mother figures. Catherine, Trina, Sheila,
Natalia, Talia (well, until she wasn’t…), Ducra, Kate and Renee.
48) Natalia was a villain in Batman Pre-crisis who took Jason from Bruce in
nasty custody battle just to get close to him and actually win and became
Jason’s adopted mother. She eventually started to see and love Jason as a son
and even sacrificed her own life to save him. Jason was deeply affected by her
49) Ducra was Jason’s teacher in N52 who Jason really respected and admired.
She died at beginning of RHATO and her death also affected Jason a lot.
50) Jason is called “pup” by Ducra.
51) In alt-universe, Jason got adopted by Kate (batwomen) and Renee who both
truly loved and cherished him. Jason died (of course…) later on in Kate’s arms which
affected her and Renee a lot.
52) Shelia Woods was Jason’s biological mother who abandoned him as infant and
betrayed him as teenager to the joker.
53) Despite what she did, the last thing Jason did before he died was
54) Sheila last words to Batman before she died was about Jason deserving more
than her and how he truned out fine and become a hero without her
55) Jason is considered to be the best and strongest fighter out of all
56) Jason is the last and the chosen warrior of All Caste.
57) Jason has magic swords that can only work on magic beings (but some writers
forget about this condition or simply ignore it…).
58) Jason is the Joker’s favorite Robin and not only because he killed him, but
also because he really liked his attitude.
59) Jason’s death considered by the joker as his greatest victory and his death
anniversary was the only date joker actually bothered to remember.
60) Jason’s face was burned by the joker who wasn’t happy that he returned to live.
61) In Arkham Knight, the joker kidnapped and tortured Jason for a year and
considers messing up with Jason’s mind to be the happiest moments in his life
in a very long time. The joker also considers Jason as his, not Batman’s.
62) Pre-crisis Jason and Bullock are buddies who solve crimes together sometimes.
63) Jason has two proteges, Sasha (Scarlet) and Duela (Joker’s daughter). He
succeeded with the former and failed with the later.
64) The militia in Arkham knight really respect and loyal to Jason.
65) Deathstroke was Jason’s right hand in AK.
66) Slade and Jason meet again in N52 where they battled against each other and
eventually teamed up and saved each other lives.
67) Ra’s Al ghoul really hates Jason.
68) Roy was (is?) Jason’s best friend and the person he trusted the most.
69) Jason and Roy lived with each other for a while, had a joined bank account
and even started their own business which was called Red-Arse (yeah, I
70) Jason and Roy actually met each other back in the 80′s NTT and shared a really
70) Jason was NEVER an official member of the teen titans. He only helped them
up when Donna asked for his help when he was a Robin.
71) Jason was supposed to have a little sister in RHATO, but the plan was
scratched after Lobdell left the book.
72) Didio admitted in one of his interview that DC got so many demands for
Jason to have his own series and it was the most requests they got for a series
73) Jason was part of a team called the challengers with Donna, Kyle and “Bob”.
He liked Donna, hated Kyle and didn’t trust “Bob”.
74) Neil’s admitted in one of his interview that the vote which decided Jason’s
death wasn’t legit and it was just one person who made the different.
75) Jason is semi-confirmed to exist in the DCEU.
76) Bruce Timm confirmed that Tim in the Batman animated series was supposed to
be Jason (which is why he was given Jason’s personality and origin) because he
liked how different he was from Dick, but he couldn’t call him Jason because he was dead and Tim was the current Robin at that time.
77) Jason was born in August, met Bruce in February, died in April and was
revived in October.
78) Jason was Robin, Red Hood, Red Robin, Wingman, Arkham Knight, Batman and
maybe Red X (he was also nightwing at some point, but we don’t talk about
79) Jason was brain damaged for a year when he was revived before Talia found
him and shoved him in the pit which both healed and drove him mad at the same
time. In N52, Rebirth and UtRH movie, it was the pit that brought him
80) Jason currently is teaming up with Artemis (not the one from the YJ show)
and Bizarro and they called DC’s Dark Trinity in the new Red Hood and the
Outlaws series (which I strongly recommend).
Well, that’s it. I don’t know if you
guys noticed, but there’s actually no facts related to Bruce and Jason’s
relationship because there are so many and felt they deserved their own post
which hopefully will be released tomorrow :)
you guys have any question related to this post, you are welcome to ask me in
my blog and I will do my best to answer you.
Plot: Everybody (except Ruby) is shit faced. The night is wild and everybody is lucky Dia is too busy to kill them all.
KananMari, RubyMaru, ChikaRiko, YouYoshiko, Dia x Mystery Girl
SFW: with strong language, adult content [alcohol, sexual innuendos, hot kisses, and a lot of touching] sex happens but it’s not written.
Summary: Ruby cannot believe what’s happening.
A/N: Still split in everyone’s POVs with some taking longer than others because quite frankly, they were too funny to cut short. Remember this is a college AU and everybody is aged up!
Dia spots a
candidate. It’s hard to see well in the club and her beer goggles don’t exactly
help, but she doesn’t need much help distinguishing breasts—her only real criteria.
smoothly, gracefully, working very hard at coordinating her legs and feet. It’s
paying off, thank god. She doesn’t trip over herself as she gets close enough
that the girl can hear her shy intonations.
“Hi.” Dia can
feel her stomach creeping into her throat. The girl glances at Dia with pale
blue eyes set afire by the club’s strobe lights. Her features are on point with
Dia’s preferences and Dia is quick to admire her long blonde hair, like doll’s
hair, left free to fall past her shoulders. She’s tall, but not imposingly so,
and Dia guesses she’s probably a few years older than she is. “Are you having a
good time?” Dia hopes she isn’t slurring or at the very least that this is
actually going as smoothly as she thinks it is.
I’m currently living in South Korea, but I’m actually from the
southeastern United States. I would love to find someone to exchange
snail mail letters with. I speak Korean and love learning about other
languages and cultures.
I’m into fandom things like Sherlock and Welcome to Night Vale, and I’m a
fan of Edgar Allan Poe, H. G. Wells, and Shakespeare. I often write
fanfiction, and very occasionally an original short story.
I have virtually no interest in math or sports. Sometimes I like
learning things about science (especially if I can incorporate it into a
I would like to write letters with someone with interests similar to
mine, and who is intelligent and not afraid of serious discussions about
frivolous issues. :)