Morning Routine for a Busy Witch
A lot of people have asked me for tips on how to incorporate witchcraft into daily life. How you incorporate it depends on your schedule, your habits, and your tools on hand. However, I’ll list my ideal morning routine in order to give you some ideas.
- After I wake up, I add some cinnamon to the coffee grounds before brewing*. Cinnamon increases luck and energy, so I like starting off my day with that little boost.
- *The reason I add cinnamon to the grounds and not the finished coffee is because powdered cinnamon can’t actually dissolve; it’ll just sink or sit at the top. By adding cinnamon to the grounds, you’re able to infuse the cinnamon into the flavor and charge the spell. .
- If you don’t drink coffee, you may want to brew some tea.
- Black tea (like most chais, earl grey and breakfast teas) aid alertness and energy, their caffeine helping to dispel negative premonitions of the day.
- Green tea (like jasmine, senchas, and matcha) can help detoxify your energy and clear your conscious mind.
- White and herbal teas help with clarity, serenity and wisdom (though this largely depends on the ingredients in the tea).
- If you don’t want coffee or tea, drink some lemon water. The water will hydrate you, and the lemon will cleanse your energy and invigorate you.
- For an easy boost, place a crystal next to your coffee pot, tea pot or cup to charge the drink.
- Clear quartz boosts clarity.
- Rose quartz increases chance of love and attractiveness.
- Obsidian, bloodstone and onyx stabilize and ground you.
- Opal and lapis intensify awareness and spiritual powers.
- Tiger’s eye increases courage.
- I won’t list all crystals here because that would take forever, but those are a couple ideas.
- While the drinks are brewing/charging, I take some time to ground. I like to do yoga, but some people will meditate during this time, or practice energy techniques. You only have to do this for as long as the drink is charging (so like literally five minutes, trust me it makes a difference).
- If you eat breakfast, give a piece of your breakfast as an offering. If you don’t, give some of the drink you made as an offering. I’m the kind of person who works with multiple deities and spirits at a time, so I like to give an offering to one of them and then rotate. This helps mindset and motivation, because if you have low spoons or a down day, at least you’ve completed something.
- While you’re getting dressed/doing makeup, light a candle. I like to start my day off with a little light; it acts as a positive omen and can wake you up more.
- Candle color ideas: white (purity and beginnings); red (courage and strength); green (healing, luck and prosperity); blue (calming and spiritual awareness); purple (psychic powers and control); yellow (positivity and attractiveness); pink (beauty, serenity and positivity); orange (stimulation and energy).
- Scent ideas for the candle: floral (healing and cheeriness); citrus (purity, energy, and focus); sweet (happiness, kindness and patience); spicy (passion, motivation and magic); subtle (grounding and calm).
- Do your makeup in the morning? I recommend placing some sea glass or rose quartz next to your makeup supplies as you use them. It’s a simple tactic that’ll really up your look for the day.
This morning routine takes about twenty minutes, and includes six witchcraft spells. That’s a lot of productivity that’ll help wake you up and motivate you for the day!
Other ideas that I don’t personally do, but others do:
- Turn your morning shower into a cleansing ritual
not that i don’t take showers, I just don’t take them in the morning.
- Color-coordinate your outfit for your day’s intent.
- or your makeup/accessories
- Make some fruit-infused water to carry with you throughout the day for an energy boost.
- Carry an appropriate crystal in your pocket to help calm, stabilize or motivate you.
- Add an herb to your eggs (or other breakfast food) that’ll help your intent for the day
- Say a prayer while you’re still in bed, before you get up in the morning. That’ll count as a simple offering.
Feel free to add some more ideas, especially for the late-sleepers and spoonie witches out there! Have a beautiful morning (ᗒᗨᗕ) /