No, not your rules. You work at the behest of a system so broken that you didn’t even notice when it became corrupted at its core. When I first broke your rules, a sitting President had authorized assassination squads in Laos and the head of the FBI had ordered his men – you – to conduct illegal surveillance on his political rivals. Your rules have changed every time it was convenient for you.
I was talking about my rules. I have lived by those rules for so long, believed in them for so long, believed that if you played by the right rules, eventually you would win… but I was wrong, wasn’t I? And now all the people I cared about are dead, or will be dead soon enough. And we’ll be gone without a trace.
So now I have to decide… decide whether to let my friends die, to let hope die, to let the world be ground under your heel… all because I played by my rules.
I’m trying to decide. I’m going to kill you. But I need to decide how far I’m willing to go, how many of my own rules I’m willing to break, to get it done…
I wasn’t talking to you.”
– Harold Finch (The Day The World Went Away, 5x10)
❝ Any kind of obscenities that have been thrown at him from her, he just doesn’t hear it. He doesn’t see it. He’s got huge rose-colored glasses on. But when [the abuse] comes from everyone else, he does see it. So he’ll blow up at Dan or Jonah, but never Selina. But when she referred to him as “a middle-aged man who gets me my wipes,” he had to actually face what she thought of him. And that was in contrast to how he saw himself the entire time, which was as her “first lady.” Then he just lost it. […] Gary’s got a lot of secrets. Gary’s known her a long time and, as we know, she’s not the purest lady. He knows all the skeletons. He knows all the secrets. But that secret, whatever it is, trumps them all. […] In the heat of the moment, there probably was a realization in her mind that he’s more than just a lap dog. […] [T]he fact that Gary has been separated from Selina now that she’s President has been emotional suicide for him. He would rather be attacked and cussed at and abused than be distanced from her. After this [fight], they’re close again. He’s around her again. ❞ —
this man went from cringy cody to hot jughead he made everyone laugh and cry and he can portray jughead’s emotions as if they were his own. The scene from the latest episode where he is talking to his mom probably broke people’s heart in half and the scene with Cheryl was amazing. FOR FUCK SAKE SOMEONE THROW AN EMMY AT HIM AND YELL “YOU MADE ME CRY CONGRATS!”
Emmy couldn’t wait
to find out. She knew to wait until her period – which hopefully would be late
– to do a test, but she was so anxious to know. She’d worked out that they were
in with a good chance, as her period was due about two weeks after their third
“attempt”, but she just wanted to know. She couldn’t stand the not knowing.
On the 14th
of March it was Commonwealth Day. Emmy was buttoning up her coat for the day
when Harry’s arms snaked round her and he pressed his lips to the back of her
neck. She smiled and leaned into him.
“You okay?” she
asked, glancing back at him.
He grinned. “Never
better. How you feeling?”
“You know I can’t feel if I’m pregnant, right?”
“I don’t know,” he
said playfully, his hand travelling down and cupping her flat abdomen, then teased, “I feel
like I can feel a bump.”
THOUGHTS on THAT SCENE from 3x05 because we’re all fucking dying
1) Bellamy’s face when he first sees Clarke. I’m going to either punch Bob Morley in the face or throw an Emmy at it, but either way, it fucking SLAYED me the way he just…stared at her. He’s been through HELL in the past, what, two weeks? First to save her, then to save her AGAIN–during which rescue attempt he lost Gina– and now she’s standing in a room in Arkadia and it’s like he thinks he’s hallucinating.
2) HE CALLED HER OUT FOR LEAVING this is everything I’ve ever wanted as evidenced by the approximately 36 different ficlets I’ve written where they have this exact fight and then do sex stuff to each other. (I get why they didn’t do sex stuff to each other HERE, but a girl can dream.)
3) THEY WERE BOTH CRYING I’m dead seriously I am DYING. “You need me? You left me,” fucking killed me. Literally the only thing missing from that scene was when Clarke said “I knew they’d be okay because they had you,” I was just WAITING for Bellamy to say “But I needed you,” but hey, we got Bellamy fucking crying over Clarke leaving him so I won’t nitpick.
4) Okay, let’s talk about those handcuffs. Bellamy, NO. DID YOU NOT LEARN IN EARLY SEASON ONE WHEN YOU TRIED TO KEEP OCTAVIA PRISONER TO KEEP HER SAFE THAT YOU NEED TO TRUST THE WOMEN YOU LOVE TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS? For fucking real, Bellamy. We’ve been over this. You know better. *swats him on the nose with newspaper* However, I am interested by his “no this is who I am, not who you tried to make me into” defense, not because I think it’s RIGHT, but because it’s an interesting layer to his character. Bellamy thought he was a monster up to 1x08 and Clarke made him believe he could be better, but after three months without her (and after losing Gina, who I would have liked to have been name checked here because she too clearly believed in the good in him too) he can’t keep up what he thinks is a charade. So he regresses, not because he wants to, but because he thinks that’s who he needs to be to keep everyone safe. Especially if he has to do it without Clarke.
5) At the same time– not excusing this show’s weird “we show our love for Clarke by kidnapping her” fetish– Bellamy may have knelt down and took her hand to trick her, but the emotion in his eyes? That shit was real. He could have snapped those handcuffs on right away (which was, once more for the cheap seats: NOT FUCKING OKAY) but he didn’t. He held her hand, he looked in her eyes, and he saw her smile. And then he took it all away.
6) At the end of 3x03 Clarke risked breaking Bellamy’s heart to keep him safe by sending him away from Polis. In 3x05, Bellamy risked breaking Clarke’s heart to keep her safe by making her stay in Arkadia. Major differences in approach here, mostly in that Clarke left his free will intact Jesus Fucking Christ Bellamy, but I think the intent (protect them at the risk to their own soul) was the same.
This jacked me up so bad guys. Look at his fricking face and tell me that you would not just THROW Emmys at this man’s beautiful face.
JUST LOOK AT HOW HIS FACE TWITCHES WHEN HE SAYS “After I’ve succeeded…” BECAUSE HE CANNOT EVEN COMPUTE, NEVER EVEN COMPREHEND A MOMENT IN ANY PARALLEL UNIVERSE WHERE HE DOES NOT SUCCEED IN GETTING JOAN BACK.
NOPE. SHERLOCK HOLMES REJECTS YOUR FUCKING MULTIVERSE THEORY AND SUBSTITUTES HIS OWN REALITY WHERE HE WILL HAVE JOAN BACK SAFE AND SOUND OR BY GOD HE WILL BURN THIS UNIVERSE TO THE BARREN GROUND AND SOW IT WITH SALT AND FIRE AND BLOOD.