Hi! Sorry to bother you, i just wanted to ask... Did you know about the arthur conan doyle not alowing a gay holmes adaptation? I just read about it and i was wondering if that's still the case... But i think i also read that the estate doesn't actually have the authority to forbid it apart from some specific stories? I've tried to look more into it but haven't found much... What do you think?
I’ve answered or reblogged similar posts in the past:
- “It wasn’t Canon” argument
- Regarding the Holmes Estate / Andrea Plunkett
- How ACD Canon Ends
- The Sherlock Special: ACD, The Black Diaries, and 1895
- ACD’s Sexuality and the Stark Munro Letters
- ACD’s Intentions (links to other posts regarding Johnlock in ACD canon)
- The Gayest SCD Story
- The Copyrights Issue
- Staving off Rumours: Mary’s Purpose in ACD
I hope some of those help, Nonny!