I was tagged by hereeatthiskitten
the thing: list ten of your favourite characters then tag some people
In no particular order:
1. Gannicus (Spartacus)- The accidental Gem of the Spartacus pre-series; abused and robbed of agency in perfect symmetry with his best friend’s wife is the tip of the iceberg.
2. Derek Hale (Teen wolf)- If Teen Wolf gave us nothing else, it gave us him; His backstory is rich and beautiful and twisted and excellent. Also he needs a hug.
3. John Sheppard (SGA)- And McKay of course. What Sheppard does is rarely in agreement with what he says, and Rodney brings out the best of that.
4. Buffy Summers (BTVS)- that quote “all the pain and fear and abuse, and it just made her kind”. Oh my queen. You deserve it all.
5. Benton Fraser (Due South)- Came to Chicago on the trail of the killers of his father and has remained to frustrate, bemuse, amuse, confuse, and arouse the hell out of all of us. Can capture him better in two lines, sometimes, than in novel upon novel upon novel.
6. Harry Potter (uh. duh.)- needs a huge hug and a long nap. I feel he and Buffy might get on well. And both deserve our endless love and support.
7. Nita Callahan (Young Wizards)- My first love, possibly. also Kit Rodriguez, because I feel they are always at their best with each other. “When we survive this, you can explain it to them, while I eat” and “I know you did it for me, some-” “I did it for you ‘pretty much’” and “what have you got left?” “I haven’t got enough magic to butter my bread.” “Well, we’ll go out standing on our feet.” “See you in timeheart.”
8. Talia (the Queen’s Own herald, Valdemar)- Oh honey, oh my baby, oh oh a world of good things for you, for you who always refuses to lay down, even at the very last, even in the face of it all, even if just on principal. Here is another example of “it just made her kind”.
9. Michael Carpenter (Dresden Files)- A knight of the cross. In a world of Magic and Monsters, his faith is so strong he is nearly untouchable. But his faith does not absolve him of his obligation and calling to work his hardest and do his best by everyone he meets. And he has never met a person and not seen something to love and encourage. If all Christians were this kind of christian, there’d be a lot more Christians, and marriage would have been equal from the get-go.
10. Jupiter Jones (Jupiter ascending)- actual space princess. also half-albino ex-angel submissive werewolf boyfriend. Also Also she might not be overmuch in a fight, but she sticks to her guns, morally speaking, and is plenty eager to make decisions (even when they turn out to be really really really shitty decisions. she is right, her compass is broken. but it has nothing to do with romance).
I think I was just supposed to put the characters’ names… but then I couldn’t just do that. UH, off my activity page I guess, and folks I haven’t SEEN tagged, if you are interested, quartzy13 anotherthingthatmakesmehappy, holmesianpose, halekingsourwolf querulousgawks
Anybody else want to?