Hey-o, the Tumblr GIF maker is in iMessage now.
Yup, we’re in your texts. The Tumblr GIF extension for iMessage lets you make a GIF, then send that GIF directly to anyone you want.
- Shoot GIFs on the spot, or make them from your videos, Live Photos, and bursts.
- Make the GIF loop faster or slower. Whichever suits your lifestyle and aesthetic.
- Make it run backwards, even. You maniac.
- Put text on it. Any color. Three fonts. Three good, strong fonts.
If you’ve upgraded to iOS 10 and don’t already see the Tumblr GIF button among your iMessage buttons, here’s what to do:
- Open your Messages app.
- Open a conversation, if one isn’t already open.
- Tap the app store icon next to the message field.
- Tap the ＋ icon.
- Take a snack break. You’ve earned a light, healthy snack.
- Tap the “Manage” tab.
- Tap the switch next to “Tumblr.”
Whew. Now you’re ready to GIF things for the people you love.
By the way, you don’t even need a Tumblr account to use this thing. Just search the iMessage App Store for “Tumblr,” download the extension, and start giffing away.