Are there any left wing conspiracy theories/stupid beliefs that you just can't stand?
FUCK THEM SO HARD.
Also people who think “chemical” means “bad thing.” As in, “There are chemicals in our water.” OF COURSE there are chemicals in your water. WATER IS A CHEMICAL, dumbass. You meant to say, “There are DANGEROUS chemicals in our water,” or at least I hope you did. These people often also think that because they don’t understand the name of an ingredient it is automatically bad for you.
It all stems from this creepy fetishization of the “pure” and the “natural” which completely ignores things like science and reality. Argh.
Go to the Onerepublic Facebook page (or twitter - it’ll link you to it) and read what Ryan Tedder just posted. I think it’s so important - whether you like their music or not - to read what he had to say. It’s enlightening as far as music goes, as far as mental health goes, as far as production and the media goes… I’m moved by his honesty and creativity. Always have been. Seriously, go check it out. I’ll wait ✨
This is a bit random but seeing you ship hades/persephone, what is your oppinion on loki and sigyn (they have a similar /dark couple/ aesthetic going on but it's norse mythology)
that they do!!! hmmm idk tho, i personally never rly liked loki bc he’s a trickster whereas hades literally sits in his office all day and tends to the incoming souls lmao so i do see the parallel but i also don’t if that makes sense?? like loki/hades and persephone/sigyn are very different as gods and also didn’t she banish loki from asgard?? i don’t rly know norse mythology that well but i just can’t picture persephone kicking hades out of his own house asdjkjkasd
Familiar Enemy, that’s the name of the little witch Au I cooked up. It’s loosely based off Wadanohara, and Little Witch Academia. I just really wanted to draw Lance as a witch, and my brain made up a story about it with familiars attached. I would like to doodle some more about it, perhaps include Prince Lotor as well.
Want to see more concept stuff? Support my Patreon if you like my artwork and get a ton of exclusive content~! Patreon: [https://www.patreon.com/lunaartgallery] Thank you~
Why are black cats traditionally a witch’s familiar?
I did some of my own research so hopefully this is right. Feel free to correct any historical inaccuracies or add your own knowledge.
- Cats were once worshiped across ancient civilizations, especially Ancient Egypt. They were a symbol of multiple goddesses.
- Once Rome became Christian, all Pagan practices went out the window.
- At the beginning of the agricultural age people started bringing cats with them wherever they migrated because they were so good at keeping mice at bay. Since people were storing grain this was especially important.
- Kittens were even given to newlywed couples as a housewarming gift to bring good luck.
- When men went to war and women became widows, they were often left with just their cats for company. Hence the “lonely woman with cats” stereotype.
- These widowed old women who lived alone were also the most likely to be accused of witchcraft and burned at stake.
- A Pope in medieval times declared that cats were satanic and many cats were burned alive. This was a huge mistake on the part of humans as the mice and rat population consequently skyrocketed, leading to the Black Plague.
- Black cats, with their unusually dark fur and yellow eyes were thought to be the familiars of witches, even being able to transform into humans and do evil deeds.
Overall, black cats and witches share a very similar history. Once revered in the Ancient times only to become ostracized once Christianity took hold of the world. Black cats were once a symbol of multiple Goddesses- something that the patriarchy of the church hated. They shared the same fate of being burned for suspicion of being ungodly and Pagan. But in reality, black cats and women, whether witches or not, were all too often each others only companions.
Today, there is much confusion about black cats. Whether or not they are good or bad luck varies country by country. Because of this old superstition, they are the least likely to be adopted in animal shelters even though they make some of the best companions. As someone with the most affectionate, silly, funny, and playful black cat, I highly recommend adopting one. They need you and we need them.