I was having feeling about young justice and so I drew this massive doodle dump. I was originally trying to keep it season 1 related, but I gave up halfway through. (I would’ve drawn more but it was a late night…)
the season 3 character arc i’m most looking forward to is m'gann completing the evolution from being like the team’s little sister in s1 to being the team’s big sister in s2 to finally, in s3, Team Mom
One of my absolute favorite things about Young Justice is the mind link. Seriously, just imagine all of the crazy stuff the team can do when they can actually read each other’s minds during a mission:
- Infinite Rickrolls
- Wally making an obvious effort to not call Robin “Dick” when they’re linked and getting really frustrated
- Being spoiled about Christmas presents and surprise parties
- When one member gets hurt everyone feels it
- Dick and Wally trying to see how loud they can scream in their minds until Kaldur starts yelling at them
- Something blows up and everyone simultaneously goes “same"
- Everyone cringing when Conner and M'gann have really loud dirty thoughts about each other
- Hearing Kaldur mentally sigh at least fifteen times a mission
- When one person has a song stuck in their head, everyone gets the song in their head
- This of course leads to the entire team becoming a silent choir as they all mentally belt out Let It Go together while beating up bad guys
- When Raquel first joined, they learned that ”??????“ makes an actual sound in ones head
- Zatanna thinking backwards and giving everyone a headache
- They even linked up Wolf once just to see what it was like and they heard weird stuff like “Boy? Boy is bird?? He is puppy??? Need cuddles??? Must protect!!!” “Superboy!💗💗💗💗 Human! Best human! Best human in whole world!” “I good boy?? Treats????” “BANE BAD. KILL BANE. HE HURT BABIES?!?!?! BITE. BITE. BITE!!! I TREATS??? I DID GOOD??????” It was definitely a learning experience about how dogs work, and they also learned about how Wolf sees Robin as a small puppy in need of protection, so that was fun to tease him about.
- Conner screams even in his mind
- There is no privacy whatsoever, so that’s how the team learned things about each other that they will definitely regret knowing
- Artemis and Wally flirting all the time just to make everyone uncomfortable
- Falling asleep on stakeouts leads to seeing each other’s dreams and even interacting in them
- Once Wally had a nightmare about his father and everyone saw it, though Wally had no idea and was confused when they spent the rest of the week being really nice to him
- On really traumatic missions, sometimes one member will get flashbacks and all of them see it too
- Dick singing Bohemian Rhapsody for five hours straight
- The team learning that M'gann curses like a sailor in her head
- Kaldur mentally goes “WTF” so many times they lost count
- Silently judging everyone together
Young Justice team when asked what they think about Batman
Kaldur: “He is a wise and trustworthy leader. I respect him highly and never doubt his decisions."
Conner: "Guy’s a jerk."
M'gann: "Batman? He scares me. He’s always glaring silently as if planning to kill us or something. Once I tried reading his mind, but all I heard was echoes. It’s creepy."
Wally: "Pfft, Bats? Please, the guy’s a total pushover. Once I was over their place and Robin and I made a blanket fort in the Batcave, and you know what Batman did? He just walked out of there and worked somewhere else. He’s probably nicer than my own parents."
Artemis: "Literally the only person in the universe I don’t want to mess with, which says a lot cuz I’ll fight anyone."
Robin: "B and I are going out for ice cream after patrol.” :)
The Team starts playing “The Floor Is Lava”. Except they can’t do anything normally, so it’s Extra
Wally calls it on Robin outside Mount Justice, and Robin ends up in a tree in three seconds.
Robin calls it on M’gann after a mission briefing in the Cave, and she flies up, sparking an hour long argument in the bioship on the way to their drop point on whether or not that was cheating. The whole team gets involved. It was cheating.
Artemis calls it on Conner during movie night, and he jumps too hard to get to the kitchen counter and puts a dent in the ceiling. And spills the popcorn.
Kaldur calls it on Artemis in the hangar, and Artemis ends up face planting into the water after she tried to jump onto the wing of the bioship and slid off.
It’s all fun and games until they’re on a mission fighting a Geokinetic rogue and the ground starts splitting apart and spewing lava so everyone gets the fuck up the high ground. After they take the rogue down it’s all quiet and calm until Wally just starts snickering because
Guys. The floor was lava.
And they all just look at each other for a moment and burst out laughing.
Was almost not released from Doctor Fate's helmet because Nabu knew he was worthy, uses denial as a coping mechanism because he can't handle confronting his problems because they cause him pain, chooses not to believe in magic because he can't stand accepting something he can't control and science is the only thing he can trust, was trusted enough by Dick that he revealed his and Bruce's identities, was the first one who escaped from the nightmare in Face Your Fears, is insecure because he thinks he's not good enough to be Flash's sidekick, protected Artemis in Bereft even after she said she'd probably been sent to kill him, the volcano that Red Volcano activated in Humanity would have destroyed the world had Wally not used his immense intelligence to figure out a way to save them, sacrificed his birthday to save a young queen by running a donor heart cross country, realized that the best birthday gift he could have ever gotten was seeing her smile, uses humor and bad flirting because he has a fear of rejection, FREAKING GOT HIMSELF STUCK IN THE SPEEDFORCE TO SAVE THE WORLD AND NOW EVERYONE THINKS HE'S DEAD, AND HIS LAST WORDS WERE TELLING BARRY TO MAKE SURE ARTEMIS AND HIS PARENTS KNEW HE LOVED THEM.
Also Wally West:
I'll bet you I can eat that whole pizza in two bites