does anyone else have those moments where you’ll look at a picture of your bias and just silently place your phone down bc you need a few seconds to reflect on how someone can be so beautiful and all around amazing?
With Nam Taehyun's recent admission that he suffers from Bipolar Disorder, he has further opened the discussion on mental and emotional health of Idols.
So far, there had been a significant number of Idols who admitted to have suffered or are diagnosed with mental illnesses/disorders.
1. Bang Yongguk - Panic Disorder, Depression
2. Changjo (Teen Top) - Eating Disorder, Depression, Bipolar Disorder
3. P.O (Block B) - Stress Induced Schizophrenia
4. SM Milk Club (Onew, Taeyeon, Yoona, Leeteuk, Yoochun) - Depression
5. Park Bom - Depression, PTSD
6. IU - Anorexia
7. Wooshin (Up10tion) - Mental Stress/Exhaustion
8. Lee Joon - Bipolar Disorder, Depression
9. Kiseop (Ukiss) - Depression, Openly admitted to Suicidal thoughts
10. Sunggyu - Anxiety Disorder
11. Jun jin (Shinhwa) - Panic Disorder
12. Henry - ADHD
13. Sojung (Ladies Code) - Eating Disorder
14. Heechul - Depression 15. Suga - Depression 16. Himchan - Eating Disorder 17. T.O.P. - Anxiety Disorder, Depression 18. Amber (fx) & Jonghyun (Shinee) - Stress Induced Insomnia
I dream of a day that idols can talk about their mental health freely, without fear of backlash, judgment, and labels such as weak, broken, and retarded. That when they do comeback from a mental health break, they aren’t looked at with pity but with the same level of respect they had before their hiatus. That psychological and emotional health is as much of a priority as physical health and that support network such as therapists and psychiatrists are of easy access.
IU shyly complimenting GD (in English) @ his concert in Taiwan ± “I want to congratulate you for having this fabulous concert. You traveled through twenty nine cities, and touring so much isn’t easy. But you finally, perfectly, DID IT!!~~ yay”