From Osomatsu-san radio #8 (guest Kamiya Hiroshi, voice of Choromatsu):
● Suzumura Kenichi acts as his usual “cool” self for the radio and it takes Kamiya Hiroshi very taken aback. Kamiyan says it makes it hard for him to talk, which is why you hear a lot of awkward pauses from him in the beginning. By the way, at this point, Irino Miyu (voice of Todomatsu) is the only one who picked up Suzuken’s “cool” voice and went along with it. Sakurai Takahiro (voice of Osomatsu) just kept saying that listening to cool Suzuken ticked him off.
● At 28:40, Kamiyan tries to mimic Suzuken’s cool voice when introducing Choromatsu’s ED song sample, but he trips over his words and after he does, he throws down his script and sighs tiredly into the mic. Suzuken makes fun of Kamiyan saying “terebi anime” (TV Anime) as “tenebinanime.”
● Kamiyan says that Nakamura Yuuichi (voice of Karamatsu) was the most horrible in the Joshimatsu skit. The cast was told to make their acting closer to something more feminine during the test run, but Nakamura’s acting at first was “neither Karamatsu or a woman, but a weird Nakamura-kun with an even lower voice.” Kamiyan says that Nakamura probably realized himself that he was being strange in mid-acting because he broke out laughing and couldn’t say his next lines.
● Kamiyan says that if he had to go out with one of the Girlmatsus, he would /probably/ choose Choroko, but he really wouldn’t want to deal with any of them.
● Kamiyan is really thankful that Sakurai Takahiro is Osomatsu and compliments him for a full 5 minutes. Compared to Karamatsu and Jyushimatsu who “are only talking loudly” according to Kamiyan, Sakurai (and sometimes Fukuyama Jun, Kamiyan admits) try to create balance within the group. Kamiyan says that this is because the three of them have A-type blood. Sakurai speaks his lines so naturally, without putting up an obvious act, that it impresses and scares Kamiyan at the same time. Kamiyan says that Sakurai “can do anything.”
● Suzuken calls the F6 lotion skit “Matsuno Max.” Kamiyan recognized Iyami and Dekapan, but didn’t recognize Chibita in the skit at first, until his voice actor spoke. When Kamiyan voiced the skit, he was going at it singlemindedly and it was fun, but when he watched the skit on TV, he wondered what was so interesting about it.
● While the episodes sound like they’re adlibbing, the cast actually is pretty faithful to the script. The script actually does contain all of those moans and groans that you hear from the characters. It also contains sketches from the character designer (this is not usual), to help the voice actors better understand what’s going on and have a better look at one-time characters.
● When Kamiyan was chosen as Choromatsu, he didn’t know at the time what “Osomatsu-san” would be about. Since he grew up watching the old series, his impression of Choromatsu was “one of the sextuplets other than Osomatsu.” When he got the character descriptions and imagined the voice actors voices to their character personalities, that was when he realized for the first time how dangerous the show was. He felt honored to be the tsukkomi against these people, but Kamiyan says that after each episode that brought out the other brothers, Choromatsu’s role is actually almost over at this point. Since Choromatsu’s role is to bring the other characters’ qualities out and make them easier for the viewer to understand, Kamiyan thought that his role was half over. He says that Choromatsu has become “air” because he doesn’t stand out a lot compared to his brothers… but you’ll be in for something in the second half of the second cour.
● The episode today features Iyami, and is surprisingly long and Showa-ish. It has Furukawa Toshio as guest voice, who sometimes wraps up the story gently and sometimes wraps up the story violently.
● The next Osomatsu-san radio will be on 2/22, no guest announced for it yet.
Next month on 3/13, the radio will be held as an outdoor event as a thank-you to the fans. (One day before White Day!)
If you live in Japan, tickets for it are on sale but chosen by lottery, which you can apply to here: http://osomatsusan.com/news/detail.php?id=1031777
The guests for the radio on 3/13 will be, for the first part, Fukuyama Jun (voice of Ichimatsu), and for the second part, Kokuryu Sachi (voice of Chibita) and Saitou Momoko (voice of Hatabo).