from what i can gather the difference isn’t “people with physical and visible disabilities get taken seriously and accomodated while those with invisible mental illnesses don’t get taken seriously” it’s closer to “people with temporary illnesses/injuries (of most kinds including many mental health things) get taken seriously and accomodated, while people with chronic illnesses and disabilities of any kind don’t get either”. which is extra messed up because the longer someone is ill/disabled, the more they need the accomodations and the worse the lack of it usually affects them. (ofc other kinds of oppressions play into this too)
I’ve been listening to “Here Comes A Thought” from Steven’s Universe for a while and it has thoroughly infested my brain. And we’ve had a lot of angst on my blogs for a while now, so have some fluff.
UT!Sans - Blushes whenever you kiss his forehead. Any sweet and affectionate gesture makes him turn bright blue.
- At the first party you two go to, he asks you to dance. He’s all fumbly and awkward, and he steps on your toes a lot.
- The first little gift you get from him is a card. One of those friendship Hallmark cards you get at the convenience store, It’s got a pun on it. He put a sweet heart candy in it.
- He takes you window shopping a lot. You two don’t always have the money to buy everything you like, but he likes seeing how you get all excited when you see something cool.
- The first argument you two have is probably over something minor in hindsight, but seemed like a big deal then. Sans leaves for a while to cool down. And when he comes back and the two of you make up, he kisses your cheek.
- He’s always singing or humming, but if you ask him to sing something for you, he starts blushing and tripping over the words.
- When you have a nightmare, he holds you in his lap and rocks you back and forth, humming softly to you until you fall back asleep.
- He usually tries to go all out when he gets you presents, but he’s bad at shopping for other people. But while he might not find the perfect thing, all of his gifts are thought-out and full of love.
- He’s a surprisingly good dancer, as you find out when you go to a formal party. He can waltz, and you spend the night dancing with him, but since he’s so tall he quite literally sweeps you off your feet a few times when you turn.
- He loves giving you piggy-back rides, and he loves to mess with you during them. Sometimes he’ll pretend you’re really heavy and that he’s going to fall over. One time he did, but instead of dropping you or squishing you, he just fell on his face rather than risk hurting you.
- He loves you so much and he wants you to know that. He tells you that he loves you constantly. Sometimes when you’re just sitting on the couch watching some show, he’ll just randomly say “I love you”
- He likes just sort of laying next to you. Not doing anything in particular, just laying near you and maybe holding hands holding hands.
- When the two of you are sitting around, sometimes he bumps his feet against yours. No real reason, he just likes being near you. And it makes him happy, when he reminds himself that you’re actually there. He still can’t believe you’re actually here with him.
- He likes playing with your hair, no matter how short or long it is. Sometimes he just pets you. He likes scruffing up your hair, it makes you look cute when you’re all fluffed up.
- A lot of the ways he shows he cares is by making sure you take care of yourself. Sometimes he just drags you away from work to sit on the floor and do a puzzle, sometimes he makes you a snack. A lot of the times he just talks to you. About anything or nothing, or just whatever.
- A lot of the time you spend together, he just looks at you. Not touching you or talking to you, just looking at you with this look of awe on his face.
- He’s usually pretty lazy, but when you’re together, sometimes he’ll just pick you up. No reason. He’ll just swing you into a bridal style carry and kiss you.
- When he comes home from Muffet’s he always has a bag of food with him. It’s always your favorite. No matter how unhealthy, or uncommon. Even if you know for a fact Muffet doesn’t cook that dish.
- Sometimes if there’s only one chair left in the room, he’ll try to sit next to you on the same chair. Even if it’s way too small, he’ll give it a shot. It doesn’t help that no matter what sort of pretzel you two make all smooshed together, he usually falls asleep.
- He lets you win in Mario Kart, and Smash Bros.
- He likes holding your hand, just running his thumb over your knuckles. Sometimes he’ll sneak a quick kiss onto the back of your hand.
- The first date you two go on is actually a picnic. He brought Grillby’s to eat of course, but the two of you sit in Waterfall and munch on fries. You get distracted, but then you feel something being put on your head. It’s a crown of echo flowers.
- Sans is actually pretty good at fixing things. If you just have to be your knight in shining armor.” need your car’s oil changed, he can do it. He tries to teach you how to change a tire, but eventually he just gives up and throws an arm around your shoulder. “well, we tried. guess i’ll just have to be your handy-man”
- Getting him to do anything romantic in public is hard, but sometimes when people are distracted, he’ll give you a quick smooch.
- When Christmas comes along, you discover his one true weakness. He can’t tie a ribbon for anything. He actually ties his hand into the bow, and you have to untangle him. He does manage to tie a ribbon you saved from Valentine’s day around your wrist. It says “I <3 you”
- He’s likes putting his head on your shoulder. Just laying his head there and closing his eyes.
- When you’re feeling down about yourself, he’ll sit next to you. And then he’ll list everything good about you. Everything.
-The first time you see him relax is when you’re watching some mind-numbing game show on T.V. He slowly just melts into the couch, and he scoots closer to you. Eventually he just leans his head on your shoulder and sighs happily.
- He love writing love notes to you. Pretty much every week you find a new note, with a flower laid on top of it. The house is pretty much overrun with flowers by now. He buys you bouquet after bouquet of flowers.
- He puts a lot of effort into his cooking. He tries to learn new dishes, especially ones you like. He makes you sweets, or hearty, healthy meals. His favorite thing is sharing a meal with you, even if it’s just a ham sandwich.
- When you fall asleep on the couch, you always wake up to him laying next to you, curled into your side.
- He steals the blankets all the time, but sometimes. Only sometimes. He lets you take out one of the really old, really warm quilts he’s had forever. He likes showing you all the different patterns, and even though he doesn’t really know their meaning, he likes guessing them.
- When you two kiss for the first time, he has to stand on a chair. He nearly tips over, and you have to catch him. And when you’re holding him steady, that’s when he realizes he loves you.
- He always takes you on really elaborate dates. All the time. He puts a lot of effort into them, but sometimes they don’t work out. So he goes with his back-up plan. And the two of you order Chinese food and watch weird game shows.
- When he hugs you, he always bumps his forehead against your’s
- He always gives you his jacket if you look even the slightest bit cold.
- Whenever you fall asleep on the couch, you wake up in your bed, tucked in. Sometimes there’s even a glass of water and a snack on your bedside table.
- He really likes doing little, sappy romantic gestures. If there’s condensation on a window, he’s put a heart with the two of your names in it. Sometimes he serenades you. Other times he picks you up and swing you around and around.
- He takes you on a lot of outdoorsy dates. He teaches you how to ice-skate, and when you trip and fall on top of him he just laughs and kisses your nose. Then he has you hold onto him while he skates you around the lake.
- He likes writing on you. When your reading, sometimes he’ll just take a pen and doodle on your skin. He draws little flowers,and smiley faces. And he’ll let you doodle on him too. He likes having matching drawings on each other, kind of like temporary tattoos
You may not realise it right now, but there’ll be a day when you notice my absence with every breath you take, with every beat your heart completes without me by your side. You’ll look for me in all the places that used to be my favourite, you search for me in the streets we used to walk hand in hand, you gently brush your fingertips over letters I sent you, but I won’t be found, not where you used to find me and not in the words I wrote you. You will miss me, no matter if you will recognise the emptiness in your chest for what it is or if you’ll brush it off as a temporary kind of sadness you can’t explain. You’ll miss me, but sadly it’ll be too late.
Congrats on the milestone!! As for a prompt, if you're ok with angst how about Keith and Pidge where Keith has been rendered out of commission (taking a hit for Pidge?) and Pidge is left trying to get them out of whatever bad situation they're in by herself while carrying/dragging Keith, or something?
thank you my dear! I’m happy to provide ;)
Pidge paused, gasping for breath, and gathered herself for another heave. She was crouched, arms hooked under Keith’s armpits. The rest of him was flat on his back. By some small blessing, the corner of the Galra ship they were in was, for now, empty. But they had gone too far from any sane evac point in their search for prisoners, and getting back out was going to be…challenging.
“For the record, you picked a really great time for a nap,” Pidge griped as she threw her whole body weight into moving Keith another inch down the hallway.
Keith ignored her. Keith was probably unconscious. Behind them was a chaotic trail of Pidge’s bootprints slipping and smearing their dark red outlines. The dark red in question was leaking from the smoking hole in Keith’s armour.
She wasn’t going to let herself think too much about what it was. How much of it there was. How much of it would be too much.
How much of it was her fault.
Her foot slipped again, and her butt thumped hard to the floor. Keith’s arms flopped limply over her thighs, and she curled tightly over him, breath a scraping pain in her chest.
“Guys,” she said, trying to press the fear from her voice. “We really need that evac.”
A crackle was her first answer; Pidge recognized the sound of Hunk’s bayard firing. They were on foot, then. Coming after them. Shiro’s steady voice was the one that answered. “We’re on our way, Pidge. Just get somewhere safe.”
“Oh, sure. No problem,” Pidge said, but nobody answered. She twisted around, looking for some kind of temporary cover, but it was just a dumb hallway: long and open and well-lit. “It’s a good thing Galra bones aren’t made of concrete or this would be really difficult right now.”
Then Keith’s body shuddered in her arms, and her head snapped back down.
He took a wet, bubbling breath. “I regret saving you,” Keith croaked.
Pidge’s eyes stung with relief, and she hugged him tight for just a second. “Too late. No takebacks,” she said. “Besides, I’m the one saving you, in case you haven’t noticed.”
She bent for another heave, dug her heels in, and hauled them both another half a foot. When she looked up again, one of Keith’s hands was raised just far enough to deliver her a righteous middle finger.
A laugh hiccuped out of Pidge before she could stop it, and she kept hauling him, an inch at a time, towards safety.
Summary:You were just a girl who took some odd jobs from
the Min Syndicate to make some extra cash. When Min Yoongi himself sends
a request for you to come to his mansion, any semblance of your normal
life gets thrown out the window. What sort of dangers will face you once
you become associated with one of the biggest mob bosses?
Preparing for the meeting with Min Yoongi was a thousand
times more stressful that you could have possibly predicted. At first you had
worried about how you were to pay for an extravagant get up for this so called
“meeting”, given that you were knee deep in debt. Luckily for you, a random
lump sum of cash had mysteriously made its way under the door of your
apartment. You didn’t know what was more worrying: the fact that the Min
Syndicate knew exactly where you lived, or the fact that they just so casually
handed you over five thousand dollars in cash. You didn’t even want to think about how they got that kind of
Even with your newfound temporary wealth, you didn’t know
the first thing about how to dress appropriately for a meeting with the mafia.
Despite your uncertainty in shopping for a formal dress, you managed to pick out
an ankle length semi-form fitting black dress. The back of the dress was almost
completely cut out, the fabric ending just below the small of your back, and
with a slit down the side of the dress to show even more skin. It was a little
risqué for your taste, but you figured that this was the sort of thing that mafia
people wore to things like this. At this point you were clueless, so you might
as well look like a fucking goddess.
ok i’m gonna try not to stress myself out with the logistics of this too much but it’s post-canon minus the epilogue & when they’re in their early/mid-20s. they both have jobs that don’t suck but i don’t know what they are
and we’re past the point where the relationship is a Big Deal everyone’s used to it now and the drama has passed. they haven’t been together for a long time but it’s stable
draco has been living with his mom, not at the manor, a new big house she bought in another country in europe. he works in london but he didn’t want her to be alone so he moved with her. she’s rolling her eyes waiting for him to move out and live w harry
harry is a Sad Boy as we all know and has been living at grimmauld place - he at least fixed it up a ton with the help/insistence of the weasleys so it’s pretty different than it used to be but it’s not like he picked it out or particularly likes it. it’s just never really occurred to him to move u know
he doesn’t sell it when he moves out but he checks up on it regularly and he gives andromeda and teddy free reign of the place also and just kind of keeps it available for anyone who he’s pals with who needs a place to stay or whatever. maybe if it’s relevant to his job, whatever it is, he turns the place into a legit shelter
definitely neither of them knows shit about looking for an apartment and hermione helps (ron also does not know shit and is disruptive)
they’re looking for something that’s more temporary, like not a house they’ll live in forever, something that kind of gets them on their feet and into the world of living like real adults. something nice but not fancy
draco’s difficult and dislikes very specific and unpredictable elements of each apartment and hermione throws her stack of notes at him because she can’t figure out how to avoid what he’ll dislike. the realtor thanks her
harry meanwhile has like no preference and is just like “ok this is nice” about everything they look at. ron throws hermione’s stack of notes at him (the realtor is scandalized but secretly thankful again)
tl;dr eventually they decide to live in a muggle part of london and work with a muggle realtor so they can just feel like normal people
the apartment they pick has a lot of big windows like narcissa’s new house
and a really big kitchen with a really long table like grimmauld place
and a spare bedroom which is mostly used for sleepovers with teddy, or rose and hugo, or ron when he falls asleep on the couch
they get plants because draco lives for the #aesthetic but both of them forget to water them so neville winds up coming over for dinner every wednesday night and “checking on” the plants
luna paints them a mural on one of their walls as a surprise gift so they lose their deposit money
an old lady lives next door and her cat is in love with draco and he keeps sneaking in and trying to eat their plants and trip harry so that he can have draco to himself. she gives them a key to her apartment so that they can just deposit the cat inside instead of knocking on her door three times a day. when she learns that harry likes to cook but doesn’t know a lot of actual recipes she gives him her family recipe book and he has an emotion about it
How would Espada react if they accidentally scared their s/o like did something violent or anything that shows their true nature and they'd see s/o being honestly terrified by them to the point of crying or begging them to not come closer? Bring all the angst, I live for angst.
-He’s strong, but he’d never be scary to you. You don’t have to be afraid of him, so please stop cowering like he’s going to tear you apart. If you never like him again, he’d have no reason to live, but the only thing he can think to do is crouch low and nuzzle at your arm, the picture of desperate submission.
-Anything that caused this kind of fear from you was nothing but a temporary, terrible lack in self-control. She’d never hurt you, not on purpose, and the fact that you’re flinching back like a smaller Hollow makes her absolutely sick. If apologizing, anything would fix this, she’d do it.
-He should be nothing but satisfied. Maybe this will finally teach you how dangerous Hollows really are and cure that pathetic human sympathy once and for all. Instead, he feels almost as panicked as you look, sharp, cold fear that you’re never going to want him again weighing down his limbs.
-This reaction is how you should have been to begin with. You have every reason to be terrified of him, and now you might finally realize that. The thought of you not ever coming back makes him absolutely sick, but weak humans are better off staying away from monsters.
-In the flash of temper that caused this, he didn’t think beyond finding some outlet for his rage. Seeing you cowering and terrified, though sends absolute ice through his veins, collecting in his stomach in the form of sheer panic. He wasn’t going to hurt you. You know that, right? Right?
-Outwardly, he does everything he can to pass the situation off as no big deal. It was just an accident, there’s nothing to be afraid of. Inside, he’s on the verge of total panic, terrified that he’s scared you away for good with a mere temporary lapse in judgement and control.
-Normally, the terror of a potential victim would be nothing but satisfying. But this time, despite the sick joy he feels at seeing someone fear for their life, all he wants to do is make it stop. You shouldn’t be afraid of him. You never have been. It’s not right to see you flinch away from him.
The Relationship Between Simon Lewis and Magnus Bane: The Reasons Why Magnus Is The Most Compassionate Character
So I don’t write much meta, but I rarely see posts discussing Simon and Magnus’ friendship, other than the adorable comments about Magnus basically adopting Simon. From someone who has never seen the show, it may seem strange that two characters who have only interacted a sum total of maybe ten times are said to have a full out father/son or mentor/mentee relationship, but there’s a reason why.
Though Magnus hasn’t interacted with Simon much, the relationship seems so meaningful because he’s arguably the only person on the show (that isn’t already in a deep relationship with him like Clary or Luke) to treat Simon with complete respect.
Starting from most to least obvious, it’s clear that Alec, Jace, Isabelle, and even Clary haven’t always treated Simon with respect. In the book it’s the same way, though in the show at least it isn’t blatant and uncalled for insults, but…still? Simon does absolutely nothing to provoke them, even adamantly insists on leaving the Institute and thus tries to remove himself from their presence.
Alec actively complains about his presence, even referring to Simon as “it” for merely talking. Jace, though usually kidding, sprinkles in insults everywhere about Simon’s personality and skills. Isabelle basically treats Simon as a temporary play-thing, and though she poses as an advocate for Downworlder rights she endangers several of Simon’s kind by busting through the Hotel Dumort.
Clary, despite being Simon’s best friend, is perhaps the most guilty of simply dismissing Simon completely. Yes, her mother is missing and she’s overwhelmed, but Simon is immediately thrown into danger and then ignored when he reaches out to his best friend after telling her several times that he feels sick and different.
So thus far in the series, it seems like the writers thought “hey, this character is interacting with Simon, so let’s throw in an insult or dismissive comment.”
But Magnus doesn’t do that. Magnus, though knowing that Simon is a mundane, doesn’t regard him as too weak or too incapable. He even sends him on a mission with Jace to look for ingredients for Luke’s antidote, so clearly he trusts him. At the wedding scene, while Simon rambles and Alec throws out the infamous “Who invited the vampire?” (Not sure why people think that’s funny when it’s a blatant example of the Shadowhunters casually dehumanizing Downworlders) Magnus simply smiles at Simon and looks amused, even appreciative of his positivity.
Throughout the first season, though their interactions are few and far between, Magnus is kind to Simon.
Season two, of course, is when their relationship is given a bit more attention. Magnus does tease Simon when they go to Peru, but all of his comments have a direct purpose. By telling Simon to man up, Magnus is trying hard to encourage him. Remember in season one, when the wolves show up and the Shadowhunters gather protectively around Simon? Adorable, but proof that they think of Simon as basically incapable of protecting himself. And they were probably right! After all, Simon was still a mundane at that point.
But Simon isn’t much better off at the start of season two. He’s clearly not in control of his powers, both emotionally and physically exhausted, and extremely uncertain about his vampire abilities. Magnus, knowing this, still trusts Simon enough to protect himself from a f i r e b r e a t h i n g s n a k e. And in defeating it, Simon gains obvious confidence which Magnus encourages in his proud smile.
The Magnus and Simon relationship is also noticeably mutual. It’s not just Magnus taking pity on a poor helpless fledgling. Magnus opens up to Simon, reveals his previous struggles with Camille and his previous depression. Magnus sees Simon as a friend, someone he can trust.
Finally, Magnus has faith in Simon. Clary, who’s known Simon for years, immediately accuses him of cheating on her the moment she sees the hallucination. Magnus, who’s known Simon for a few months at the most, immediately denies that and remarks that it doesn’t sound like something he would do.
Simon isn’t perfect. He acted like a jerk to Maia (because Jace’s emotional manipulation in that episode, which was a bit OOC if you ask me, made him feel worthless) and she had every right to be upset. But when Simon acted like a jerk to Raphael, tried to attack him, Magnus stepped back and surveyed the situation. He can see Simon’s position as an eighteen year old kid who’s lost his family, lost his second mother-figure, lost his temporary home with his own kind, lives in a boathouse by himself, can never be in the sun again, and who’s facing a lifetime of being damned. He can be patient with Simon and give him time to right his wrongs.
Overall, Simon is treated quite horribly. Some characters are making progress with their treatment of him, like Jace and possibly Isabelle. Others have a long way to go, like Alec. But Magnus, from their first meeting to the mid-season finale when he looked
/destroyed/ when he saw Simon die, has always treated Simon with respect and encouragement.
Because Magnus Bane is, arguably, the most consistently compassionate character on the show.
THIS IS GLORIOUS. OMG Shiro with the Straw Hat crew, what a culture shock that would be. I want him to hang out in the library with Robin. He might give Zoro a run for his money on the weight-lifting. And I’m pretty sure Sanji would feed him stupid.
Right? It’s kind of a weird mashup because One Piece is just so bizarrely quirky and Voltron has its weird moments, but it is more grounded in…well. Physics, for one. But it could definitely be an interesting sort of crossover, haha. Let’s see, off the top of my head (based purely on pre-timeskip because I basically stopped reading and writing for it afterwards)…
Luffy: Basically immediately agrees to give Shiro a ride because that’s what Luffy does, he randomly gives people rides on his ship. Thoroughly exasperating and Shiro ends up helping to rescue him from the ocean a lot (because apparently my sink-like-a-stone RM headcanon is very wrong). Shiro is impressed by the way his leadership works and the way he can take charge when it matters and see things differently. Luffy thinks his Hero Robot Arm is hella cool. Shiro is baffled because this guy is rubber? Like, really entirely made out of rubber, and his power is stretching? But it’s way more devastating than it seems like it should be?????
Zoro: mostly ignores Shiro once he’s confident he’s not a threat to the crew. They do train together sometimes though since they’re both insane and do ridiculous numbers of reps at all hours of the day and night.
Nami: Exasperated they’ve picked up yet another stray, but Shiro seems like a decent enough sort, and he’s not completely insane like the rest of her crew. Also, he’s surprisingly good at navigation, once taught how to use a log pose? Acceptable.
Usopp: Disappointed Shiro never believes his stories. Admires Shiro’s strength and leadership qualities, and also the way he always manages to find some way for Usopp to help out and not feel useless. (Shiro doesn’t tell him he’s got experience dealing with an insecure sniper back in his own world). Helps with some arm maintenance sometimes.
Sanji: Mostly ignores Shiro at first, or gives him crap like all the other male crew members, until he realizes the guy’s eating schedule is just an absolute mess due to some of his PTSD symptoms. He doesn’t know the specifics but suddenly he’s all over making sure this guy eats right, although he’ll never admit to it and usually curses up a storm while doing so. Shiro has no idea that he’s getting almost as much priority food treatment as the girls.
Shiro watches the would-be cassanova and the lone wolf sword guy bickering and fighting constantly and wonders if this kind of thing exists in literally every world because what the hell.
Chopper: Scared of Shiro and the glowy robot arm at first but finds he’s actually really nice. He’s also very particular about making sure Shiro is taken care of since he’s a lot like Zoro in that he’ll never admit to an injury. Shocked at the number of scars this guy has but doesn’t bring it up to be polite. Shiro is a little confused by the talking, transforming reindeer at first, but hey, he’s already met shapeshifting princesses and intelligent mice, this isn’t THAT much different.
Robin: Respects Shiro quite a bit, and vice versa. They spend hours discussing the various histories in their worlds, and Robin helps research some world theories to see if there’s a way to get him back. They both like that neither one is immediately struck with the stigma of their title around the other. Robin doesn’t care one bit about “Champion” or what that means, and the Demon of Ohara means nothing to Shiro. It’s nice to meet somebody without that title fouling things up.
Franky: Is basically a godsend. The only one on the crew who is able to actually understand, maintain, and repair Shiro’s Galra arm. He’s fascinated with the technology but a little disgusted with how poorly it’s integrated. Probably makes improvements over time, with permission. Bawls for hours over “lion bro” when he realizes the prosthetic wasn’t given by choice. Shiro is frankly stunned to hear Franky’s implants were all self-made and that he modified himself willingly, but manages to learn a lot about how to use his own prosthetic from him.
Brook: Finds Shiro to be a pleasant enough team member. Shiro is just baffled because this guy is dead. He’s literally dead. But still walking. What the hell? What kind of weird world is this???? Why are skeletons playing violins??? Gets along with him well enough though once he gets used to it, and even learns to tune out the skull jokes.
It’s kind of weird for Shiro since he’s not really in a position as a leader but more of a temporary crew member, but it also kind of lets him relax (as well as he can when trying to find his way home). He still gets pretty viciously protective of them though because now they’re friends and they’re helping him out, so why not?
Summary: While out on a mission, Lance steps on something owie. The team removes said owie, with quite a bit of difficulty, a lot of arguing, and no shortage of complaining from the patient. Who would have thought a little cactus could do this much damage?
Warnings: None, really, unless you’re, like, RIDICULOUSLY squeamish about needles. A little language because of who I am as a person.
The paladins were tired. All five of them, bone-weary and exhausted. They’d been walking through the mud on this desolate, windy, cold planet for hours, and so far had seen no sign of their target.
“I can’t believe Princess Allura has us walking through this wasteland just to find a stupid rock,” Lance complained. While he was likely voicing what everyone else was thinking and he knew it, the whine was still met with a synchronized group eye-roll.
“It’s not a rock,” Keith argued, not for the first time since their search began. “It’s a powerful, ancient… something.”