The new Villainous short, an analysis
Because I have nothing better to do on a weekend! Yay!
I’m pretty sure that at this point everybody knows that a new Villainous short was released today (by “today” I mean November 4 of 2017, if for some reason you are reading this in another day); there’s a ton of references in the short, and since it was in Spanish and at the time I’m writing this there’s not English version of the short (fan made or CN made), I decided to write a “small” analysis of the short video. It’s more likely that by the time I end this, tons of people already posted something like this, but I want to do this anyway. Notice that this is NOT a resume of the video.
The video starts with this:
We are not
responsible for the physical, mental and emotional damage that the comments of
the Lord and Master Black Hat may provoke in the audience. It is recommended
use safety googles or a helmet when you visualize this video. The prolonged
exposition to this show may cause sanity loss, soul loss, hair loss, nail loss,
welts, itch, hard snot, stomach ache, headache, mononucleosis, tonsil inflammation,
farts, desire to pee (it says “desire to go to the bathroom”; I
don’t know other places but in Mexico that means you wanna pee), arthritis and swollen eyes, spasms, uncontrollable fits of laughter,
urge to wear a hat, villainy, extreme evilness,
sharp fangs or teeth, hyperactivity, among others. Discretion is advised. This
section is mere filler and had nothing to do with the previous one, you should
stop reading before you regret it. We don’t understand why are you still
reading. Seriously, nobody reads the warnings and ended watching it (the video) anyway.
Then we cut to this:
Black Hat Organization
Villain Orientation Videos
Vol. 1 of 666.
Then the video starts with tons of TV’s showing video
of several Cartoon Network’s villains as the intro of “Black Hat Organization
Lost Cases: Ooo, with Black Hat”. A narrator’s voice greets the watchers
because it means that we want to stop being an annoyance at became great villains
thanks to the capacitation of the video. Something that called my attention was
the narrator’s voice. There’s a Latin-American YouTube channel that dubs fan
shorts and comics from Villainous, and the narrator’s voice sounds like the
Black Hat’s voice of that channel when he dubs narrators; either CN contacted
that guy to work with them (which I think is pretty impossible) or the narrator
is Alan himself.
Black Hat then greets the watchers but is shortly cut because he starts to insulted them as he goes mad; later he presents himself, but he says we already know it because, apparently, the short is part of the “Black Hat Organization villain orientation video ahora en español” (now in Spanish) VHS, volume 1, which apparently we bought; according to Black Hat, the point of the video is that he “will mock of the pathetic forces of evil and we will give him our money”. Later we cut to several scenes of the Lich King only to later change to Count Lemongrab, much for Black Hat annoyance. For the rest of the video Black Hat complains about how Lemongrab is, in his opinion, a pathetic villain and points other stuff too.
Regarding Lemongrab as a villain we learn this:
- Black Hat says than Lemongrab voice is annoying and that he’s an idiot for not having security as he sleeps.
- He shows surprise when he realizes Lemongrab has ears (as he picks his own ear).
- He complains about how Lemongrab’s “minions” are “as sweet as 5.0.5.”
- Lemongrab’s villain speech is pathetic and that his sentences are too long.
- He says that Lemongrab has no class (as Lemongrab strips) and is ashamed of him.
- Lemongrab is pathetic because he allowed the Pup Gang to be disrespectful at him.
- Lemongrab’s torture chamber lacks of torture devices.
- He is “a crybaby, incompetent, poorly dressed guy that only shrieks” (he calls him that as Bubblegum tries to talk with him when he’s torturing Finn, Jake and the Pup Gang.)
- His mistakes are: being a big piece of… lemon (he clearly wanted to insult him in this part), being a crybaby and not hiring Black Hat Organization.
- However, Black Hat praised Lemongrab when he wanted to eat the apple because that was “fruit cannibalism” and becomes proud when he “tried to eat” Peppermint Butler. He was also pleased when he blasted the Pup Gang and when he tortured them and Finn and Jake.
- He ended his analysis by calling Lemongrab “deplorable” in his file.
However, in Black Hat’s opinion Princess Bubblegum (whom he calls “the bubblegum girl”) is THE REAL villain in Ooo because:
- After she spikes the dirt Lemongrab was eating he says that she looks like the most intelligent person in the video and even ask Flug is she wasn’t really the villain instead of Lemongrab.
- When she says that she knew a way of be her past self all the time Black Hat says with joy: “clearly this girl has a disturbed mind. I’d love to extirpate it from her…”
- When Finn is putting the pieces of the candy people on Bubblegum Black Hat says that “is one of the most evil rituals he knows” because she’s using “parts of his minions” to boost herself and he says that that’s pretty effective. Then proceeds to say that he is going to remove an arm off Flug, presumably to boost himself like her.
- Black Hat asks if he’s really the only one who sees that Bubblegum is more diabolic than Lemongrab, especially because she created him “and condemned him into a life of suffering”.
- He says that Bubblegum is pretty
intelligent by “pretending she agreed in her rival’s terms when in reality
she’s sending the worst of her society” and that is a really great villain
lesson to learn.
- He, however shows great disappointment because she didn’t learn of her past mistakes (by cloning Lemongrab); he even says that the situation is going to became worst because “it will end in one of them eating the other”.
- He praised her when she was cutting the legs of a candy with her scissors, but the scene apparently became too much for him later.
Black Hat also:
- Wanted to see Lemongrab breaking Manfried because “wanted to see his sweets organs”.
- Was disgusted of Cinnamon Bun.
- Every time Finn and Bubblegum shows affection to each other he becomes
- He says that Bubblegum and Finn should squeezed Lemongrab instead of putting a note. He proceeds to say that he will show an example and calls for 5.0.5. to come.
- When Bubblegum rejects Finn Black Hat laughs and says “you can see the part when his heart breaks in half!”
By the way, the information of Lemongrab’s file says this:
- Subject: Lemongrab.
- Age: ???
- Gender: Male.
- Species: Fruit.
- Taste: Sour.
- Status: Alive (unfortunaly).
- Abilities: None.
Creation of the ruler of…
…grab has become independet of…
becoming in the dictator of…
war against the Candy Kingdom…
eating his own clone to…
and satisfied his own hungry of po…
the regimen of the Count Lemong…
At the moment he doesn’t represent a…
for the powerful Candy Kingdom.
creator, the scientist and prin…
Bonnibel Bubblegum alias Prin…
he’s nothing more than one lemon o….
The video ends with a live action Black Hat “squeezing” Lemongrab and with a special thanks list, aka “Black Hat’s black list”. In italics I put the ones I recognized and I could translate; the names in normal letter where the ones I didn’t recognize, even if I traslated their names. The names in black are the ones who have diferent names in spanish, but for some reason were already in English.
Vilgax, Yellow Diamond, Marvin (the
Martian?), Lex Luthor, Peppermint Butler, Cambot, Phil Ken Sebben, Top Cat.
The Red Guy, Mojo Jojo, Mandark, Excusator, Nergal, Katz, Hammerhead, Aku, Grodd, Siniestro.
Snorkel, Sticky Stud, Secuencia, Diego, Diego Mejia, Gafael, Kimmy, Kim, Black Manta, Spuntaneous, Salmonella Fitzgerald, Him, The Beast, The Kanker Sisters, Father, King Ramses, Malek, Medusea.
Some of the names where recognizables others… not that much. Who are those people? Animators? Future characters?
Regardless of that, we did learn lots about Black Hat:
- In Black Hat’s opinion, pineapples are evil, but lemons are useless.
- According to him, once he puked on a past minion’s face and that’s the reason Flug works for him now; he says this when he plays with the red skull in his desk, maybe implying that that’s his past minion’ skull.
- He says that minions should taste their master’s food first as a safety precaution.
- Watching Lemongrab being punched
by Finn and Bubblegum make him laugh so much that in one point he loosed
control over his powers and the video cuts momentarily to this beautiful
- He also laughs maniacally when Peppermint Butler is crying over the spice serum in his eye and you can hear a little echo in his laugh, perhaps because he wasn’t in full control of his powers at that point.
- He stays that “(a minion) only learn their lesson if they can see light at the end of the tunnel”, and that’s why he complains about Lemongrab’s excessive long sentences.
- He IS the original Black Hat, the one who created the “black hat” type of villain in movies.
- According to him, a real villain shouldn’t let a pubert to be disrespectful at him.
- The sound of a hero screaming in pain is “always put a smile in his face”, but then the camera show Black Hat not being happy at all, causing that the person with him (Flug? The narrator? Alan!?) to laugh awkwardly.
- “Rule #43 of the manual: Do not stop attacking until your enemy’s heart stops
But there are other things that fans may not notice:
- The fact that Black Hat wants to rip off one of Flug’s arms and use it in a similar ritual than Bubblegum’s to boost his power may suggest that Flug is in fact, not human, but a supernatural creature.
- He says that 5.0.5. is indeed a failed experiment. Alan already confirmed that in his Pixelart conference, but now we have an actual canon confirmation.
- Black Hat’s manor may have a torture chamber.
- There’s a manual of how to be evil, apparently.
- Sometimes you can hear “Black Hat Organization”, other you can hear “Organización Black Hat”.
- Black Hat’s
Organization “please stand by” picture is Cambot fighting against one of Black
duplicates (specifically, the short one) who is using a fish as a weapon.
Technical difficulties. Don’t go away!
- The short was clearly archive footage.
- Is more likely that Alan was the live action Black Hat at the end of the video.
- BLACK HAT HAD A MOUSTACHE!
(By the way, why is thay woman smiling? Did she saw a hero coming to her rescue? Is she smiling because the photo? Is she happy because Black Hat is about to kill her? Is she insane as Demencia? Is she Demencia’s ancestor? Is that Demencia!?
- It was clearly that the video was shoot just after 5.0.5. creation, because you can see a picture of him glued at the VHS tape’s case.
- By the way, in a bigger version of the image you can see clearly that Demencia’s feet are in her head and Flug is in shorts with Black Hat too close to him.
You can take that as you want.
Also, this picture.
Black Hat organization
The New Security System!
Batteries not included.
If you call now we will include this key chain.
Pieces come separately;
if you don’t buy anything we’ll keep your money!