“blue sargent was afraid. there are many good words for the opposite of afraid. unafraid, fearless, unfrightened. some might even suggest courageous or brave as opposites. but blue sargent was brave because she was afraid.
All I could accomplish would be to make a fool of myself. I don’t hold public office. I don’t have a party position. I don’t have a party platform. I don’t have any troops. The only thing more impotent than a former President is a cut dog at a screwing match.
Former President Lyndon B. Johnson, when asked how involved he planned to be in the 1972 Presidential campaign.
(Pictured at top: Senator George McGovern, 1972 Democratic Presidential nominee, visits with former President Lyndon B. Johnson at the LBJ Ranch near Johnson City, Texas, August 22, 1972; Bottom photo: LBJ shakes hands with Democratic Vice Presidential nominee Sargent Shriver at the LBJ Ranch in Texas on August 22, 1972 with Senator McGovern and Lady Bird Johnson nearby.)
Authors Notes: Okay I’m so sorry this took so long to get out but here it is!!
Notes/Warnings: fear, anxiety, brief mentions of death and blood, I think that’s it but let me know if I’ve missed anything and I’ll add it!
The instant Wanda’s powers brushed against his skin he had a flash of the chair. Her electricity was nothing compared to that of Hydra’s brainwashing but it was similar in the shock it sent through his body at first impact. He screwed his eyes shut and braced himself for whatever pain he was going to endure. This was for May and he could manage to tolerate it for her. His stomach dropped as the sudden feeling of falling overtook him. He flailed his arms in an attempt to catch himself when, if ever, he landed.
It didn’t help.
He collided hard with wet stone and hissed at the pain of hitting his head on the ground. He pushed against the floor and sat up. His hands were soaked so he rubbed the back of his wrist against his forehead. He had intended to check and see if he was bleeding but it was so pitch black, in this freezing cold room, that it was useless. He tried to wipe the water off on his shirt but, when he recognized the sticky feeling between his fingers, he froze.
The room slowly began to illuminate as his eyes adjusted. He would have been shocked if he hadn’t been so familiar with the gore of death. The bodies in this room had been butchered and he recognized the handiwork as his own but he never killed these people. No. He killed that one, the scientist who had begged him to give May back before he lit the building on fire. He remembered that one.
- very tan
- would look great standing on a yacht
- fantastically styled brown hair
- hazel eyes, sometimes with nerd glasses (actual-nerd, not hipster-nerd)
- classically handsome anglo-american bone structure
- arm muscles worthy of the gods
- hollywood smile
- polo shirts in a range of pastels and brights
- elitist shoes
- also very tan
- short hair somewhere in the chromatic range of dirty blond to light brown
- “pretty” blue eyes
- taller than Gansey but shorter than Ronan
- lean/lanky with narrow shoulders
- very pale eyebrows (and probably very pale lashes because of how genes work)
- looks like he fought in the Civil War (both in appearance and tiredness level)
- serious/sad expression
- “smudgy”, whatever the hell that means
- blond hair, presumably in whatever style was popular for rich white boys in the mid-2000’s
- small eyes and large ears
- always wearing school uniform
- looks like a decaying ghoul when viewed from an unflattering angle
- short and choppy dark hair with bangs and lots of clips
- large eyes
- generally hot, according to Adam and Gansey at least
- approx. 5 feet tall
- dresses like she has watched every youtube video on how to “upcycle” your clothing
- blue eyes and dark eyebrows
- buzzed hair and back tattoo, obviously
- pale skin that begs for a sunburn
- chiseled nose
- chiseled muscles
- “handsome”, according to everyone
- marginally taller than Adam and considerably taller than Gansey
- either scowling grumpily or smiling smirkily
- usually wearing a tight af black tank top and edgy distressed jeans
- can grow a beard in like under a week
- cheekbones that could slice off your entire face
- flawless eyebrows
- hair that doesn’t believe in gravity
- actual model
The thing I love most about Valentine’s Day (perhaps the only thing I love about it) is making cheesy YA novel valentines. This year’s batch is Raven Cycle themed! Tired of chocolates and flowers? Why not treat yourself to a book about deadly kisses! <3