1. POWER OFF Turn off your electronics - or at least, ignore them! Yes, the oh mighty difficult task we all face in this modern era. If you have alarms set, then you’ll obviously need to leave your device on, but make sure you don’t use them for at least 30 minutes before bed!
2. DECLUTTER Take at least 5 minutes to declutter and organize your room before you go to bed. If we’re being realistic, it’s more than likely to bore you… But on the plus side, at least your room will be cleaner! If that doesn’t suit, rearrange things. This could be your notes, your room, clothes, whatever!
3. BUILD HABITS Try take some time to relax and unwind. Go take off your makeup, have a shower, make a warm beverage, read a book, write a to do list, journal about your day. Just do something that doesn’t involve screens, will help you distress and worry less about the day to come.
If you can, try exercise at least 30 minutes per day. This will help fatigue your body and make it easier to fall asleep. Of course, this may not suit everyone, it is just a suggestion.
Soothing aromas + sounds — definitely a key way to calm your inner self. You could also try slowing down your breathing which will decrease your heart rate, therefore making you more relaxed.
Make sure your rooms is dark and at a good temperature! You don’t want unexpected light coming in and waking you up - unless you want to get woken up by the sun. A good temp also allows you to sleep throughout the night without being woken up by the heat or cold.
Try not to think about things right before you go to sleep. Especially things you need to do tomorrow, mistakes you’ve made, assignments due etc. If you’re going to think about anything, think about happy thoughts, memories, upcoming events. You don’t need to go to bed with negativity.
cook something! make a healthy snack, cookies, a smoothie
paint your nails
give yourself (or someone else) a makeover
online shopping (retail therapy what can I say)
watch a comedy on netflix
organize your closet, drawers, bookshelf, anything that needs organizing
watch funny youtube videos
take a nap!
read one of your favorite books
order takeout and watch a movie
wear your comfiest pajamas
write in your journal/diary
do some light yoga
listen to music with your eyes closed while lying your bed (one of my personal favorites)
listen to music while reading a book
scroll through social media (i.e. tumblr, pinterest, instagram, youtube, facebook, etc.)
always remember to make time to relax and unwind!!! i know its not always easy, and i’m a bit of a hypocrite bc i personally don’t destress as much as i should, but it’s a learning process. good luck! hugs, mel.
Summary: You and Dean do NOT get along. Until the night that you do.
Warning: smut, anger sex
Word Count: 3200
A/N: Hope y’all enjoy some Dean smut! XOXO
There are two things in the world you really hate: plaid and Dean Winchester.
There are plenty of things that you don’t like, that irritate and annoy you, that you’d rather not deal with. But those are the only two things you actively hate. A store with a window display of plaid clothing is enough to get your blood boiling these days. And Dean? Well, you make sure you never think of Dean. That just tailspins your world into a mess of violent anger for days before it wears off.
So the fact that you are currently wearing one of Dean Winchester’s plaid shirts, listening to him hum along with the radio as he drives you to his motel?
Bad Juju (as my mother calls it) is when you’ve attracted negative/heavy energy. This can be just not regularly cleansing, others casting the energy onto you, or visiting places that attract negative energy (busy public transportation stations, graveyards, toxic work environment, etc.). This can really put stress onto you, such as creating bad dreams, accumulation of small and annoying incidents, and just constant bad days. Here’s what I what do to get rid of this juju HARD:
1) Clean your entire living space. Whether it is an apartment or house: CLEAN. If your bad juju is particularly bad, DEEP-CLEAN. Wash your floors, deep clean your carpets, scrub those countertops. Act like you’re about to get a ton of guests over in a very short amount of time. Do laundry also!
2) Purge. Throw out expired food, trash, recycling, etc. Yes, it can be part of cleaning, but this is important. My mother and I used to throw out the dirty mop water from our windows before I moved out into an apartment. Now, I throw out my trash at the end of every clean session.
3) Burn cleansing incense. Sage (white or different variation), Palo Santo, Sweetgrass, Patcholi, or any other incense that makes you feel clean. Burn this after you’re done cleaning.
4) Listen to witch playlists or instrumentals that get you going. There’s plenty of these playlists on Youtube. I love listening to Slavic Drums and songs while I clean, as the drums really get me motivated.
5) Cleanse your bed. Take out the sheets, pillow cases, and blanket/comforter. Wash them all and/or replace with new sheets, pillow cases, and blanket/comforter. Then, dose your bed with sage or palo santo. I prefer palo santo as it’s easier to obtain and more ethical than sage.
6) Take a shower/bath and cleanse. By this point, you have worked up a sweat. Not only is a shower great, but you can visualize cleansing yourself in the shower/bath. Ultimately, you need to unwind and relax.
7) Meditate. If you can or want to, meditation really helps. Guided meditations are on Youtube. I personally listen to instrumentals and visualize peaceful places and really concentrate on the details of the location. 15 minutes minimum.
8) Drink water. Hydration is very, very important. A natural cleanser for your body, but it will really help with relaxing and feeling clean and better.
I welcome you to add more to the list and you can add/change to your own routine! I’m also interested in hearing how other people get rid of bad juju! :)
Summary: Bucky offers to teach you how to play pool, but he ends up in a slightly awkward predicament. Characters: Bucky x Reader Warnings: Language, lots of innuendos, Bucky being little shit Story prompt: “I made the mistake of thinking ‘This
can’t get weirder.’ Sorry.”
A/N: First time I’ve done a writing challenge of any kind, thanks @jurassicbarnes for letting me take this one! I haven’t written anything fluffy in awhile, this felt necessary, and it may require a smutty style follow-up. Also, while I may be a complete shit talker IRL,
I am terrible at pool and don’t know what I’m doing, so hopefully this
makes sense. And I really need to find someone to edit my wordy ass…
a little known fact – you adored dive bars. Everything smells musty?
Great. All the tables feel sticky? Perfect. The decor resembles a 1970’s porn
a complete contradiction to your work persona. Your name was uttered in hushed,
reverent tones in the halls of the Avengers compound, commonly followed by the
phrase ‘that woman gets shit done.’
Frankly, you worked your ass off to get to this point, so the satisfaction of
being known as the one who was always cool, always calm, always poised – it was
a heady feeling.
because of your rigid work environment that you gravitated toward the
local bar. It was one place you could let your guard down, unwind and relax.
Distancing your professional and personal life was a necessary ingredient in
your sanity, a dichotomy you actively encouraged.
then one day out of nowhere, Bucky Barnes swaggered into your life.
It was the first week you had been dating Namjoon and you were enjoying it. He had asked you out a week prior and it was one of the happiest moments of your entire life. Without a second thought you had happily agreed, saying you wouldn’t want anything else, and you had never seen a bigger smile on his face then in that moment.
Namjoon had asked you if you wanted to spend the say with him and you had agreed, the idea of spending time with your new boyfriend sounding more entertaining than anything else you had planned for the day. So there you were, walking along the river side, the sun having just set in the distance and darkness surrounding you and Namjoon.
The stars were making an appearance in the sky and you couldn’t help it as you let a small yawn, stretching your arms up and into the air. You swore if you had stood on your tip toes you would have been able to grab a cloud and feel the fluff against your finger tips. It was a beautiful sight as the stars glinted off the water and reflected back into your eyes, and you listened gently as Namjoon continued to talk about something that happened to him a couple of days ago.
It was one of the most peaceful moments you had ever experienced, being here with somebody you cared so much about and being able to spend time together. You took a deep breath, turning to look at Namjoon and smiling as you nodded along to what he was saying. As the two of you continued walking, you found yourself getting more and more drowsy, the day finally catching up with you.
Summary: On a night out with your friends, you accidentally text the wrong number for advice. The guy on the other end of the phone is abrupt, harsh and kind of an ass - but he also happens to be right. Which explains why you keep texting him. Right?