I called my parents yesterday and told them we were moving to San Francisco/Bay Area (I’m still not sure how to address that region).
Before I go any further, let me explain a couple of things:
- I’m not close with my parents. If you’ve been reading my posts for more than a week, you know more about me than they do.
- There are only a few things I have in common with my dad:
- We’re both males
- We’re both mammals
- We share the same genetic code (although I keep hoping one day I’ll discover they found me next to a crashed rocket ship, The same rocket ship my real parents used to allow me to escape our doomed world)
- My parents are the reason I don’t have kids.
Okay with all that said, I told dad my plans to move to San Francisco and discovered in 30 seconds that my entire life has been a lie. He’s shown me the light!! Moving to California, if I’m not VERY careful, will mean I’ll become a:
- God hating,
- Hell-bent on the destruction of the United States
- (oh, and the entire state hasn’t been worth a damn since 1970)
But he’s sure I’ll be fine.