“…but M A N W Ë is dearest to Ilúvatar and understands most clearly his purposes. He was appointed to be, in the fullness of time, the first of all Kings: lord of the realm of Arda and ruler of all that dwell therein. In Arda his delight is in the winds and the clouds, and in all the regions of the air, from the heights to the depths, from the utmost borders of the Veil of Arda to the breezes that blow in teh grass. Súlimo he is surnamed, Lord of the Breath of Arda. All swift birds, strong of wing, he loves, and they come and go at his bidding”
Oi Deus tudo bem? Estou passando apenas para agradecer por tudo, minha família, meus amigos, meus inimigos, minha vida que você me deu perfeita, e que eu mesma a tornei imperfeita, queria agradecer os sorrisos, as lágrimas, a chuva e o sol , e pedir para que não fique bravo comigo por eu desistir, nåo desisti da vida, mas desisti dos sonhos, do amor, dos amigos, ë que estou cansada, me perdoa e obrigada.
“For between the land of Aman that in the north curved
eastward, and the east-shores of Endor (which is Middle-earth) that bore westward, there was a narrow strait, through
which the chill waters of the Encircling Sea and the waves of Belegaer flowed together, and there were vast fogs and mists of deathly cold, and the sea-streams were filled with clashing hills of ice and the grinding of ice deep-sunken.
Such was the H E L C A R A X Ë, and there none yet had dared to tread save the Valar only and Ungoliant.”
Warnings: graphic description of an injury, reader is hurt/in pain, chaos
Beta’d: by @starshiphufflebadger. Thank you so much for taking some time and turning my fic into something readable! And for giving me, even if you don’t know that, enough ideas to keep this story going!
A/N: This is my contribution to the Winter Blues Challenge! This was supposed to be a one shot. I had already written it out, but I couldn’t quite finish it and then watched ‘The Impossible’ to inspire me. Bad idea… now it turned into a series, but I don’t know how many parts there are going to be.
“Mayday! Mayday! Shuttle 14 to Enterprise! Can you hear us? Please respond! We lost one of our thrusters! We’re crashing! Beam us up!” The voice of Ensign Chekov, your pilot for this mission, echoed through the open compartment door that divided the cockpit and the rest of the shuttle. His voice was frantic, his accent thick and hard to understand, and almost inaudible over the loud alarm.
The shuttle shuddered one more time, and in addition to the blaring alarm, the constant beeping and whirring of different machines from the cockpit reached your ears. “Ë-moë! Enterprise! Please respond! We’re going to lose our second thruster too!”
With a sudden jump and a thud following immediately after, similar to a car running over a obstacle in the road, the shuttle suddenly veered to the right - the side where the thruster had stopped working - and started to plunge down. Overhead compartments broke open under the weight of the contents inside that were thrown against them, the shuttle now flying perpendicular to the ground rather than horizontally, due to the left thruster still working.
With a sigh, as you had been used to these kinds of situations for a long time working on the Enterprise, you opened your seatbelt, ignoring the blaring alarm and flashing signs that you should stay in your seat and moved towards the back of the shuttle, crawling directly on the right wall, as you had been seated near the right thruster that was now facing the ground.
- It would start out like a kind of puppy love, him trailing from behind staring wistfully.
- He is also quite awkward (my poor Russian bby). He would probably accept that your relationship would never be more than his crush so he keeps himself content with glances across the room.
- He thinks that he has kept his secret well but the reality is that everyone on the ships knows, I mean everyone.
- Once you finally talk for the first time (probably in the mess hall at 2am about Russian vodka or something random) he would begin to develop a crush not only on just your voice but also on your eyes and personality.
- His accent would get really think around you and he would probably curse at himself in Russian a lot for being an idiot.
- Finally, after months of small talk on the bridge, he would ask you out on a date. A blush would rise up your face and he would fall head over heels again.
- He would be over the moon (literally) once you became a couple. This was more of a relief than a surprise to the rest of the crew who had been trying to get you together for years.
- Chekov knew that he loved you from the moment he set eyes on you but he was too scared to admit it to you whilst you were dating.
- You said it first, in Russian to Chekov’s biggest surprise. His face immediately lit up with pure admiration to the three words he had been dying to hear since he first heard you speak.