- Federal immigration authorities didn’t waste any time detaining Daniela Vargas, a 22-year-old undocumented resident of Jackson, Mississippi.
- ICE showed up just moments after Vargas spoke out about the detentions of her father and brother last week in a raid on their home.
- Those detentions happened on Feb. 15, and Vargas has spent the past two weeks trying to bring attention to her family’s story.
- On Wednesday, she spoke at a press conference in Jackson organized by local advocates, where she described the contributions that immigrants have made to the United States.
- Afterward, she was pulled over and arrested, according to the Huffington Post. Vargas will now be processed and face an immigration judge. Read more (3/2/17 10:04 AM)