It does not matter which part of the world you live in, and what season of the year it is, frizz can trouble you any time and if you have frizzy hair, you would be well aware of how harrowing it can get. For most women, their hair is their true crowning glory and they will take great care to ensure that it looks perfect, all the time. However, for most women, frizz is a big time enemy and they will go to any lengths to ensure that it stays away.
Let’s first look at the major reasons that you might have to face frizz:
When your hair is wet, it expands and the bonds that are created within each hair by protein, changes. The same condition also arises when there is a change in the weather or your hair has to face different conditions. When you style your hair, your hair behaves, but only till the time that it is not affected by the environmental conditions. The minute your hair reacts with humidity and the static electricity present naturally, frizz will start to appear. Generally, we abuse our hair, without even knowing that we are doing so – we step in and out of air few conditioning, use harsh chemicals and extreme heat and often take little time on a daily basis to care for it. In addition, during winters as well as summers, we wear hats of different types and these are taken off when we step indoors and put back on, when we step out. Not only do we squash our hair, but also accumulate sweat, giving it no space to dehydrate. All this wreaks havoc on your hair, making them frizzy and uncontrollable.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the most important do’s and don’t for frizzy hair:
- Water is your best friend, which is why you need to make sure that you drink lots of it.
- Instead of massaging your hair with shampoo, do it with the conditioner, because this will allow the natural oils of the hair to remain.
- You could also invest in a water filter that fits on your shower head, because then you can be sure that the water you are using to wash your hair is free from chlorine and other dangerous minerals.
- Try to use your hair dryer a little lesser than usual and allow your hair to dry naturally. If you do have to use the dryer, use it on the cooler setting and do the same in a downward motion, because this will allow lesser tangling.
- While you might think that shampooing your hair every day is the best way to keep it clean, it is also the best way to dry and damage it. Ideally, you should shampoo twice a week and you can use your conditioner, every alternate day, after simply rinsing your hair with water.
- Hot water might feel heavenly on your body, but it is not meant for your hair, because hot water will strip your hair of natural oils, leaving them dry and prone to frizz.
- Towel drying might seem the way to go, but it is better that you leave your hair loosely tied in your towel for ten minutes.
- You might feel that a fine toothed comb will allow you to comb your hair minutely, it will also lead to higher levels of breakage and frizz.
- When you choose hair care products which have alcohol, you might think that your hair will look nice, but the fact of the matter is that you will end up burning and damaging them. Hot styling tools combined with alcohol are a sure way to singe your hair and damage them permanently.
- It is also crucial not to skip your regular hair trims, because these help avoid split ends, which are a major reason for frizz.
There are several easy remedies, which can help control frizz and some of them include:
- If you are truly concerned about the frizz in your hair, then you need to keep olive oil or coconut oil handy at all times. Simply warm a small amount of either of these oils and apply generously to the length of your hair. Take the time to gently massage the oil into your scalp and leave for at least half an hour a few hours. Then you can wash off most of the oil, with your regular shampoo, but make sure that you do not repeat the shampoo. You can use your normal conditioner and gently dry your hair.
- Fruits such as avocados, bananas and apples have a great way of handling frizz, however, the method of using each is a little different. For instance, if you are using avocado, mash a ripe one with a little olive oil or yogurt and apply all over your hair, before washing it off after a while. Similarly, ripe or even over ripe bananas can be used to create hair masks, by combining the same with yogurt or honey and use it to nourish your hair. Apple works best when used in the form of apple cider vinegar, which combined with water, can be used as the last rinse, after regular shampooing and conditioning.
Frizz might not be completely avoidable, but it certainly is tamable, provided you are willing to make a few changes in your daily routine and are willing to try a few easy home remedies.
from Ak Clinics » » Blog http://ift.tt/1SAbdF7