When rin can't sleep he'll go and break into one of his friends dorms
On more than one occasion Suguro has woken up to a little bundle of warmth sprawled on top of him and an open window. At first he was like “AH SHIT WHAT TH E FUCK” but now’s he’s kind of used to it, since his dorm is closest to Rin’s.
Konekomaru has woken up with Rin curled next to him a couple times. It freaks him out a little but he doesn’t mind.
Rin has been literally kicked out of Izumo’s bed numerous times.
Shima has woken up completely tangled with Rin’s limbs and freaked out, screeching “NO HOMO” a handful of times.
Shiemi kind of expects Rin to come over sometimes and her beed is always open and warm. She likes cuddling with Rin!
and, honorable mention (Shura isn’t technically his friend bcus she’s an adult and his teacher), Shura gets a little concerned when Rin isn’t in her bed at least once a week. He’s lucky he’s cute and that she kind of sort of loves him like he’s her son…
Goddain also woke up once and screamed because “WHO THE FUCK IS IN MY BED– RIN HOW DID YOU FIND MY DORM?!
Surprisingly, it was Yukio who was talking and babbling random words first. Rin actually didn’t say any words until he was 2 and a half years old; his first word was “daddy”, followed by “can you please get that book off the shelf for me?”
Rin seriously waited to start talking until he was able to spit out full blown sentences. Shiro damn near had an aneurism on the spot.
What if Rin plays the violin and really likes classical music,and one day all the exwires go to his dorm and see him playing violin
Yukio honestly didn’t know that Rin could do anything other than cook and scream, so when he sees Rin serenely playing a soothing song to Kuro for whatever reasons, his glasses fall off his face from shock.
Shiemi honestly already knew but that doesn’t stop her from being entranced by the nice tune.
Suguro and Izumo are both like “?????? thE FUCK?????????????/ HE CAN DO SOMETHING ELSE OTHER COOK!!??!?!!! IT’S REALLY NICE?!????”
gang leader!rin headcanons please (man the exwires must be stunned at how far rin well go to keep his loved ones safe)
- Well, he’s not the leader-leader. He’s second in command. The leader of his gang, The Nightingales, is Killian McCaulley. The gang is pretty diverse race-wise, mostly because racial profiling in Japan has prevented a lot of people who aren’t Japanese get a decent job, so they had to turn to crime to survived.
- In the part of Southern Cross that Rin lives in, there is a huge divide between the rich and poor. There’s an unspoken, very small middle strip between the “nice” and “bad” part of town. The monastery resides on that middle strip.
- Despite being on the middle strip, some unsavory people sometimes hang out nearby the monastery.
- This is how Killian McCauley came to know Rin Okumura.
- After he saw 11 y/o Rin seriously kick the shit out of 4 guys at once from another rival gang, and then successfully evade the cops (like a pro!), Killian’s first thought was “I have found a new child”
- He immediately took Rin under his wing. At first, Rin wanted nothing to do with the gang, until Killian told him that his gang was the most powerful in the area, and no one would fuck with his family.
- That got Rin’s attention.
- One thing to be noted is that the main policy of the Nightingales is basically “Maim, not murder”
- The gang’s location also doubles as a bar of sorts, so Rin ended up with a job there.
- After about a month of working as a barmaid (bar…dude) at the gang and training with some of the women and men to be a good fighter, he’s officially initiated into the Nightingales and, because of his knack for sneaking and disappearing, he is dubbed “Phantom”, or “Ghost Boy” in a casual setting.
- and then he’s introduced into fighting. The whole system is kind of like Big Hero 6′s bot fighting; except the bots in this context are people. People make bets on who will win in a fight against each other. The fighter that wins the fight keeps the money that was bet against them, which in turn, goes to their respective gang. Rich people like to watch these fights and just throw away money like it’s candy because apparently watching poor people kick the shit out of each other for money is really entertaining.
- The first fight? Everyone sees a scrawny little 11 year old….against a 6′5″ Goliath.
- Guess who they bet on winning?
- And guess who actually won?
- Long story short, Rin becomes the pride and joy of the Nightingales, and is quickly boosted to Killian’s second in command. He and Killian get pretty close, and Rin just call Killian “Lee” now.
- Killian is in charge of taking care of the black market trading while Rin organizes the not-bot fighting, while also keeping everyone from killing each other.
- Soon enough, contracts from more and more people start coming in to do random shit, like rob someone’s house, beat someone up, transfer illegal drugs and/or goods, ETC.
- The only contracts they don’t take are the ones that involve murder.
- Rin’s the one who introduces the concept of a Contract Board, in which someone can take a job off the board and the main barmaid, Kizuma, can keep track of who is doing what in the “Big Book of Illegal Shit”
- And then, the shit with Shiro happens and Rin has to leave the gang for awhile to do exorcist shit.
- Everyone is really sad to see him go because they’re practically his family now, but Rin still visits every now and then to say hi and maybe participate in illegal shit.
- And every time he does everyone’s so excited.
- Rin still texts half of them on his phone.
- Sometimes, when he’s really needed, a gang member will literally just walk into his class and “kidnap” him so he can go do what he has to do.