Because we are all emotional right now I felt like it would be a good time to spread some positive vibes when it comes to our beloved Choi Seunghyun. I don’t know how you guys feel about this, but it makes me even sadder when I want to go online and all the news about him are related to the scandel. Which is why I decided to do a little T.O.P. masterpost - starting with pre debute pictures of him being the cutie we all love!
Baby Seunghyun will always be one of the sweetest things on this planet
followed by the time when he started to lose weight and was known as “Tempo” plus his selfie game was 10/10 back then already
I mean look at this smug grin
and I don’t know how you guys feel like, but I have a special place in my hear for this haircut - especially the second picture with the baseball cap! Most people will probably say it was terrible, but I think it suited him
pulling faces while eating or even talking on the phone to the camera - my aesthetic for sure
Also, can we talk about this shot? I feel like this is the typical “come on, bro, I need a new profile pic for cyworld - and I wanna look really cool!” - “dude, how about we stick a patch on your cheek an- perfect! Now look at me like you looked at Seungri when he ate your favourite candy!”
oh and speaking of cyworld - last but not least: some of my most favourite pics! (feat. the baby dragon bc those two were the masters of taking stupid selfies)
It’s not much, but I hope you guys at least had to smile a bit. It always warms my heart when I see these pictures. The next masterpost will follow for sure!
this one is PURE speculation i think, but jiyong got his smiley face tattoo on his hand in the same place seunghyun got a scar on his? i think it was at a time when seunghyun was having it really rough so…idk
the amount of art work and furniture that seunghyun has bought, only for it to appear in jiyong’s flat a few months later is actually ridiculous
seunghyun spent his last birthday in a gallery with jiyong and (i think?) only jiyong
jiyong went to go watch him get his hair cut on his last day before enl*sting (even though there was no need for him to go get his hair cut?????)
they ended up spending new years eve together just the two of them “by accident”
While all the other members had been friends with at least one of each even before they came together as jekki, Suwon was the only one who had a formal audition and was a ‘stranger’. And he often says he became a member just so that jekki can have one more member than H.O.T.
But ironically, Suwon was the ONLY one who kept in touch with all the members for 16 years, and the one who wanted a reunion the most.
1. Suwon and Jiwon
I almost forgot, my dongsaeng Jang Suwon finally gets discharged in two days and comes back as a singerㅋㅋ Jekki fans rise~~~ (Sorry) Good night^^*
-10/18/2011, Jiwon’s twitter
Jang Suwon discharged… Good job Suwon, I’m proud of you
-10/18/2011, Jiwon’s twitter
2. Suwon and Sunghoon
I’m just seeing my friend… Why do people have so much to say about it
-09/06/2013, Suwon’s twitter
Is everyone doing well?ㅎ Tomorrow, our Sunghoon-ie’s new song is coming out.! Everyone please leave everything behind and listen to it tomorrow at 12.! You’ll do it without me telling you to, anyways. This is an order!!ㅋㅋ Thank you, and I beg youㅎ
- 04/14/2014, Suwon’s twitter
3. Suwon and Jaeduck aka J-Walk (one post will not be enough to cover the history of these two)
Jaeduck: To be honest, we still don’t know why Jekki disbanded. We need to do it again someday. But even if Jekki can’t get back together, I’m never going to separate from Suwon. It was Suwon who helped me get back up after Jekki disbanded.
Suwon: When we debuted as J-Walk, people said things like “What can the two of you do? Things are different now”. So we worked even harder so that we won’t disappoint our fans. Maybe that’s why we’ve gotten comments about how our music is more mature than jekki’s. One day, Jekki will get back together. But not now. We have to work hard and improve ourselves before that day comes.
-2002, J-Walk Interview
People have been saying he should use this as a chance to become a solo artist Jang Suwon. Jang Suwon laughed and dismissed this saying ‘No because Jaeduck hyung will desert’. “I’ve never been apart from Jaeduck hyung. Even when we couldn’t do anything for 3 years because of issues with our company, he was there with me. Members of Clon and Can are around 10 years older than us but both groups are still together. Sending Jaeduck hyung to military, I thought I want us to be like them. I’ll just remain as a J-Walk member.”
-2008, Suwon’s Interview
4. Suwon and Jaejin
Ay~ Drunkard do you still live in alcohol barrel? Come down to Gangnam! Call me when you do~ Also I’m adding you on Cyworld~ Your nose is still big^^
-10/20/2004, Jaejin’s wall on Cyworld
5. Suwon and Jiyong
Suwon: Do you want me to call him right now? We’re still in touch, and I just saw him recently. And actually, not too long ago, Jiyong’s name appeared #1 on trending search. So I texted him ‘Why is your wedding such a big deal’, and he said he was surprised too. From his perspective, he wasn’t trying to tell people about it so it must’ve been a little overwhelming. But we think it’s a good thing. People still remember him, and care about him.
-12/05/2013, J-Walk Interview
6. Suwon and the fans
^Suwon meeting his fans in 2015 at a restaurant; this is honestly so precious and made me realize how close he is to his fans. For a while, Suwon kept two phones so that his fans could text him. He used to sing at old fans’ weddings too.
Sometimes it really amazes me how smooth he is in terms of relationships. He seems to have a really solid understanding of each member, and knows how to compliment them and make them feel better. He’s so good at making fun of them, but also knows the perfect timing to stop. People call him a robot, but deep in his heart, he knows us fans think of him as a superstar and he prides in that. Humble, but confident.
Let’s all appreciate Suwon. His self-esteem, his smoothness, his loyalty, his singing, his dancing, and of course, his face.
Have we ended the day’s training? Or is it only the beginning now? We practised till very late at night… Everyone is very tired… Today, Jungsoo hyung has collapsed due to exhaustion again… He tiredly sits on top of the metal box and takes a nap… Even if it’s only for a few minutes while waiting for the car… He cannot wait anymore… He needs to rest… I stood in front of him and watched… Afraid that he will fall off the box because he’s too tired… I used my hands to support him… And watched him with eyes open widely… Ah… I usually don’t talk much… Let the dongsaengs play crazily… Because I don’t want to abuse my authority as a hyung and scare them… I’m someone who don’t know how to co-exist with others… Hyung must be really tired… He has to look after the cold and uncooperative me… And still have to mix with the rest he has just met… But he seems to have gone crazy already… Actually I really want to share some of Jungsoo hyung’s burden/ responsibilities/ pain… But… I only had to one chance to support you while you were sleeping, preventing your body from falling… We are their hyungs… But I only have you as my hyung… Jungsoo hyung… Sleep well for that short while…
Heechul’s predebut cyworld entry
which is this where Heechul support Leeteuk who is sleeping from falling
Please talk to me about gtop. I'm new to the fandom and I hardcore ship that two. Do you ship it too? Are there like 'proofs' that they're real? Please go crazy with me
omg, my favourite kind of ask. so i answered something for another anon a while back xxx
the most ~concrete~ you’re gonna get in the way of proof is the cyworld messages back in the day (they used to call each other turtle and shell for gods sake and the amount of just BOYFRIEND pictures found on top’s old acc is mad lmao)
but then they also share pyjamas (honestly what straight men do this), jiyong had a habit over the past year of liking/posting gtop fan art and manips like this. then there’s stuff like jiyong maybe - very possibly - keeping a gift bag that seunghyun gave him for YEARS
they met in middle school 😢…danny from 1tym recently took part on a podcast where he talked about them being friends before they joined YG like…people know about them being buddies which i find very cute?
and for some reason this is my favourite gtop moment
1. During Rising Sun period, Yunho gave his single deck bed to Jaejoong because of Jaejoong’s knee injury.
2. During the Rising Sun period, TVXQ won an award, but Jaejoong was not able to turn up because of his injury, so Yunho carried the trophy and said, “This trophy belongs to Jaejoong.”
3. Micky and Changmin once said, “Without Yunho, there would be no TVXQ.”
4. Junsu’s response towards the “changing member incident”: “If one of the members leaves the team, I will not stay in TVXQ anymore.”
5. Changmin’s response towards the “changing member incident”: “If any of us leaves TVXQ, I will surely return to my ordinary high school life.”
6. When TVXQ were asked about “Who is the person of their fate?”, they all answered, “The members”, except for Micky.
7. Jaejoong once wrote in his cyworld: “Our friendship is stronger than most people because we talk and breathe in the same room and we eat and sleep in the same place…”
8. 2004, on Micky’s birthday, Yunho said to all their fans, “Please look after our Micky, I can’t use words to express myself, MICKY, I LOVE YOU!”
9. 10 September 2005, during a fan meeting, Changmin was asked by the reporter about what New Year present he would like to receive next year, and he answered, “The only present that I really want now is Jaejoong hyung’s knee can get well soon.” After Changmin finished, the camera started focusing on
Jaejoong. Jaejoong always doesn’t like crying, but at that very moment, he lowered his head and tried his best not to let his tears run down his cheeks.
10. During a fan meeting, Changmin said, “Only when the five of us are together, are we called TVXQ!”
11. On August 2005, Yunho carried Junsu to the hospital when Junsu had a high fever.
12. When Jaejoong’s knee was injured, Yunho wanted him to rest more, but instead, Jaejoong said to Yunho, “Your stomach is not well, you should be the one hospitalized, not me.”
13. In the X-Man “Of Course” game, Yunho said the Junsu, “Did you know that I love the four of you very much?”
14. Yunho’s reason for why he is always the one to take the initiative of taking care of everything regarding all thorny issues and all the awkward matters is, “Because I’m the leader who loves all my members.”
15. November 2004, there were rumours about LSM replacing Jaejoong with someone else. Micky shed tears in the “I Believe” live performance when he knew about it. *Micky, I cried too when I heard this news…
16. Yunho’s stomach is not well, so Changmin would always write him a reminder note saying, “Don’t always forget to eat just because of work.” and slip it into his pocket. Junsu would also always remind him, “Eat your food on time.”
17. When Yunho is asked which member he likes the most, he answers first with “I like all of them” but when he was forced to answer, he replied “ I like Jaejoong.”
18. At a fan meeting, Micky said, “Not only two years, but even until twenty, two hundred, two thousand years…we always have to be together.”
19. In April of 2004, when Micky was hospitalized, Micky got angry because Junsu didn’t visit him. And Junsu said that he prayed everynight for Yoochoon to recover.
20. one time, Junsu wrote “Dong Bang Shin Gi Big Success” on a piece of paper, and then pasted it on the wall.
21. In 2004, Micky was pranked on some show. A tarot reader gave him a reading and told him that he was going to have very bad luck (of course, it was a lie XD). Jaejoong said, “Your luck is bad, so don’t cause trouble for the rest of TVXQ.” Micky was very upset. After the show, he ran backstage and was feeling miserable, but then Jaejoong went backstage too and gave him a hug.
22. On July 7, 2005, when TVXQ were in Fangshan, Beijing, female reporters were interviewing Jaejoong. He carefully answered the questions and then made eye contact with leader Yunho as if asking him, “Did I answer appropriately?” Yunho smiled at him and gave a little nod as if to tell him, “Yes, you answered very well.”
23. One time, when Junsu was pranked as an experiment, Yunho and Jaejoong acted as if there was some serious internal strife going on within the group. Poor Junsu was so scared, he nearly cried.
24. When Yunho was pranked as an experiment, before his four fellow members carried on with the prank, they turned to the camera and said, “Yunho, we love you!”
25. Jaejoong said that when the five members cannot find their own underwear, they will wear each others’.
26. In 2005, when Micky was celebrating his birthday in Japan, reporters were asking if they prepared any presents for him. Junsu said, “No, we didn’t. There is just our sincerity.” Yunho said, “I think, this is what makes a true partner.”
27. Everybody’s appraisals of Jaejoong: Yunho said, “Although sometimes, he can be rather rough, he is actually the one most like a mother. He is the most gentle member.” Junsu said, “He is the most empathic member who cares most about others when they get sick.” Yoochun said, “He is a reliable person who will always stand by your side. He is a member of members.” Changmin said, “When you compare him to others of the same age, you cannot imagine… Once you look at him, you get an impression of light and nostalgia.”
28. At a fanmeeting, Junsu said, “The members are like my brothers. We are just like a family.”
29. Four of the members all want to raise dogs, but because Yoochun is scared of them, they all discarded their ideas of getting a dog.
30. In 2006, when it was Yunho and Changmin’s birthdays, Jaejoong especially wrote a letter for Yunho *ooohh!! loveletter!! JAEHO!!*. JJ, Micky, and Junsu got two pizzas and JJ lighted candles to put on them.
31. In order to make leader Yunho seem taller, Changmin, the actual tallest member, would tend to bend his knees a bit.
32. After Jaejoong’s injury, at a fanmeeting, Jaejoong said to the members and fans, “I don’t feel any pain. Please do not cry for me! Actually, once I see you guys, I do not feel any pain anymore!”
33. During an interview, Yunho said, “I hope that no matter how many and how great our difficulties may be, we will always overcome them together. Just as long as the five of us are together, we are most happy.”
34. The five of them would throw blankets at each other in their dormitory, play rock paper scissors, and play hide and seek in the park.
35. The members said that the five of them have to find some time in the future to go someplace peaceful and quiet, where they can really have fun together.
36. Micky, whose family is in the US said, “Mom is always worried about me living by myself away from home, but because I have the members, I have never felt lonely.”
37. When Yunho was asked what his continuing power is, he answered, “Encouragement of the members.”
38. Jaejoong said that, “When cooking, salt and sunshine are very important, but Yunho is very important too!”
39. Yunho said that if he was not a member of TVXQ, he would have become a fan of Jaejoong.
40. Yunho said that meeting the four members was the greatest event of his life. He also said that whenever he comes across the word “Promise”, he would think about his members.
41. When TVXQ were asked what they most wanted to continue, Yunho answered, “I hope that the members of TVXQ would always continue. Right now, our friendship is already very strong. But I hope that in the future, it will definitely grow even stronger!” Yoochun said, “I hope that the friendship between the members will always remain.” Junsu said, “The health of the members is what is most important!”
42. Jaejoong said that if he wanted the presents that fans gave to other members, he can secretly take them. He took
someone’s shoes, but forgot who they originally belonged to.
43. At a KBS award ceremony, when Yunho and Jaejoong were speaking, Yunho noticed something in Jaejoong’s hair and helped him pull it out.
44. In the 51st X-Man, when Micky was playing a game with others, it was very awkward. Yunho, who was on a different team from Micky, especially moved over to Micky’s team and gave him a pat on the shoulder.
45. Everyday, Yunho would wake up earlier than the other members and patiently wake them all up.
46.Jaejoong said “I’m the mom and the other members are my children.Yunho corrected him and said, “We are the Dong Bang Family. I am the daddy,
Jaejoong is the mommy, Changmin is the youngest child, and Junsu and Yoochun are the daughters ” at this time, Junsu interrupts with a, “Yoochun is my wife!”
47. During the Rising Sun period, Jaejoong was injured and had to use crutches. Yunho would always be following behind him
and would gently place his hands on JJ’s shoulders to prevent him from falling.
48. During any member’s birthday, the other members would pretend that they do not remember the birthday, but would then hold a surprise party.
49. Sept. 10 2005, at a fanmeeting, because Jaejoong could not stand, they all sat down to sing Hug.
50. During the filming of a Samsung camera commercial, Yunho had a backache, so Jaejoong helped him pound his back.
51. Before a performance, Jaejoong would help Yunho fix his tie.
52. In March 2005, when they were in China, Jaejoong’s tie came off. Yoochun helped him pull it back while Changmin helped him hold the microphone.
53. During March 2005, in China, Yoochun used his hands to help pick off the tissue paper that was covering Junsu’s face.
54. Each time they receive an award, they would always thank “The Members”
I see some info that says Heechul was baptized and became a Christian a few years ago. Is that true or is he still an agnostic/atheist? I don't know what sources. to trust, but I was wondering if Heechul said anything about it. Thank you!
I haven’t seen anyone claim that Heechul was baptized though I have seen some assumptions and theories about him being “a non-religious Christian”
I would not like to assume much but according to Heechul himself, he has no interest in religion so he’s neither agnostic/atheist nor is he a Christian. He has mentioned that (as far as I know) two times. Once on his cyworld minihompy and that was exactly his answer when he was asked about religion: “Against even Shiwon’s preachings, I have no interest “ And another time on Knowing Brothers which is pretty recent (exactly in Kim Kyungyu’s episode) where he said “I have no religion.” when Kyungkyu asked him about his religion.
However, for those who theorized that he was non-religious Christians, these are the proofs that made them think so:
We Got Married (2014) where he was caught praying (although it could be a joke since he was doing so because of Puff riding the car and she was infamous for driving)
Super Show 3 (2010) where he told fans “God Bless You” making both fans and the group gasp in shock.
gif credit as tagged.
Sorry for the long post and if I caused any confusion. I hope that helps.