Questions I have for Marvel part three
1. How old is the All-Father and Frigga?
-Like, we know Loki’s 1054 and Thor’s 1500 but nothing about them.
2. How do Asgardian children grow? Like, if they can live to like 5100 years do they have maturity proportional to humans? Do Asgardian mothers have to suffer through like 300 years of the terrible 2s and 500 years of puberty?
-According to some calculations if the aging is proportional that would make Thor 23 and Loki 16/17. Yikes.
3. How many people live in Asgard? What is the social structure like? Why are there no handrails at all on the Bifrost?
4. Why do we never learn about the other realms and the fact that Frigga is not Asgardian but Vanir?
5. What powers do the royal family have? We never see any of them work on treaties or really address the people?
-Thor’s duties seem to be cheering, wearing a winged hat, and eating lots of food. Loki’s seem to be riding horses and holding his mother’s hand.
6. Does Asgard have political parties? Who runs the smaller governments in Asgard?
7. Why the hell would Odin tell both Thor and Loki that they were born to be kings while only even intending to make Thor king?
8. Why did Odin think he could turn Loki into a puppet king of a people he was being conditioned to hate?
9. Why did Odin take Loki from what appeared to be a temple?
-If the Casket of Ancient Winters was stored in the same place, it sure doesn’t look like he’d be abandoned. Also if the people are starving and at war, the King would never get rid of a son, small or not.
10. Why did the Jotuns go to Midgard? Like really, what is history if not told according to Odin?
11. How does the Odinsleep work? Why was that never set up earlier in the movie?
12. Why the incredibly advanced technology and yet medieval weapons and transport?
13. Why no mention of how magic is considered a feminine profession? It would have made Loki’s whole issues much clearer?
-It also wouldn’t go amiss for them to address the homophobia and sexism in Asgard and I would have loved a scene that addressed how hated the Jotuns actually are.
14. How had Thor not been killed or gotten into interrealm disaster before then if he’s that old and angry enough and sexist or homophobic enough to start killing people because he got called “princess.”
15. How could Loki have control of Selvig when he’d never actually been on Earth for longer than a few minutes and Selvig was nowhere near?
16. Why is Loki shown to have the ability to project himself onto Earth and be invisible from a different realm and then that ability is never used again?
17. Where does the Casket of Ancient Winters go if Loki still has it when he falls?
18. Why is Thor considered redeemed when he hasn’t apologized to the Jotuns, the people he hurt in the first place?
19. How connected are Loki and the Destroyer? It’s never made clear and muddles a lot of his and Thor’s characters?
20. Who’s guarding the vault (with all the dead soldiers and Fenrir) if the Destroyer is gone?
21. Why are all the deleted scenes either moments of Loki happy or moments of Thor being legitimately redeemed and being caring and polite to people who he used to consider inferior?
22. Why can a taser take down the God of Thunder?
23. If Thor was truly mortal why did he have minimal injuries from getting hit pretty darn hard with Jane’s car?
24. What happened to Jane after this movie? She had no equipment, did she go work for SHIELD?
25. Did Darcy ever get her iPod back?
26. Make up your minds is Thor the stupid, physical strength only brute or is he wildly intelligent?
-He acted like the former while on Asgard but during the bonfire scene he explains the nine realms to Jane with familiarity and even manages to draw a scientific diagram
27. Why is the Bifrost really destructive when Thor is banished and not very destructive later?
28. Why does everyone trust Odin so implicitly?
29. Why does Jane try to drive into a tornado?
30. How does Thor get out of the hospital?
31. How exactly does Loki’s Aesir glamor work? Did Odin put it on him? Did baby Loki do it to himself to look less threatening? If it’s connected to Odin why doesn’t it fizzle out when Odin dies in the third Thor?
32. Why does no one include a hilarious scene of Thor being quizzed on the veracity of various weird Norse myths?
33. How is Loki not instantly killed when he goes to the Frost Giants alone?
34. How does Loki get around? We’re never directly told he has paths to other realms until the second movie?
35. How is Pueto Antiguo mostly unharmed by the Destroyer fighting Thor?
36. Why kill Laufey while Odin is still asleep? Otherwise Loki has to explain the dead Frost Giant King to Frigga and Odin? Also this plan puts Frigga in danger and Loki would never do that?
37. How does Heimdall break free from the ice? Sheer willpower?
38. Why care about Thor or his friends when the Frost Giants are priority?
39. Does no one else in Asgard see the Frost Giants coming and do something about it?
40. Is it constantly night in Asgard in this movie?
41. Loki is named the rightful king by Frigga (in a deleted scene of course) so why do the warriors three immediately distrust him?
-It’s wild bullying and exclusion if they genuinely just don’t like him.
42. How did Odin convince Frigga to just raise a child he found randomly? Did he tell her where he found it? Does Frigga know immediately that Loki’s a frost giant or does it come up later?