Two Players, One Decision
I would like a new mp3 player. Mind you both of these are not necesarily available yet and I’m not rushing to replace my current one since it still works.
The Samsung Galaxy 4.0 Android MP3 Player brought to you by Samsung
- 4 inch Screen (800X480 Res). Also available in a 5 inch screen.
- Runs on Android 2.2 and you can download apps and games and more stuff. Supposably an upgrade is coming > >
- 1Ghz CPU
- 8GB initial Space that is expandable to 32GB (microSDHC slot.)
- Supports MP4, 3GP, AVI,WMV, ASF, MKV, FLV Video Formats. Supports MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC) Music Formats.
- 3.2 megapixel Camera
- bluetooth 3.0,
- Claimed approx. 36-hr for music & 5-hr video playback
- OS compatibility - Windows XP SP2/Vista/7 Size
- GPS, G-sensor
- Smartphone without the Phone Part
- $229 Pre-Order Price
Though from what I hear Samsung is a little slow with their firmwear updates : /
It’s also been accused of being a Ipod touch knock off
Earliest Availability is October
(Credit to Amazon.com and anythingbutipod.com for information and specs)
And the Sony z1000 Walkman MP3 Player
- 4.3 Inch Screen (480X800 Res)
- No Camera
- No SD Slot, but comes in capacities going up to Storage options span 16GB (NW-Z1050), 32GB (NW-Z1060) and 64GB (NW-Z1070)
- Runs Android 2.3, it can also access Android Market
- Also has DLNA, Micro-HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and an FM
- 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2 chip
- Gets access to 512MB of RAM
- Is rated to handle 1080p video playback at a bitrate of up to 10Mbps.
- Noise Cancellation that works with new Headphones
- Claimed battery life of 20 hours for audio and 5 hours for video
Earliest Sale Date is about or around December at least in Japan
(Credit to thisismynext.com, anythingbutipod.com and assorted websites for the information)
I need help deciding :O