Follow posts tagged #yale university in seconds.Sign up
“...if I really reflect on how I, a Latina from Las Vegas, was able to become a scientist at an elite university, it wasn’t my own curiosity. It was the influence of a blackjack dealer who also happens to be my mother. ”—Anjelica L. Gonzalez, Ph.D, assistant professor of biomedical engineering at Yale
Rainforest offers miracle shroom in attempt to save itself from utter irrevocable destruction
- Industrialized humans: We're going to bulldoze you.
- Rainforest: Please don't.
- Industrialized humans: Lol, sorry, we totally are.
- Rainforest: Srsly? I've got plants that cure cancer.
- Industrialized humans: Meh. You've also got lumber that cures us needing to sell your lumber.
- Rainforest: I've got mushrooms that eat your previously non-biodegradable plastic waste.
- Industrialized humans: No you don't. .... Really?
- Rainforest: http://www.fastcoexist.com/1679201/fungi-discovered-in-the-amazon-will-eat-your-plastic
- Industrialized humans: Well shit.