it’s pretty fucked up that because of the “petition to make a death star” getting so many signatures, whitehouse.gov will now only look at petitions with 100k signatures instead of 25k. way to turn a legit means of contacting the government and getting them to notice serious issues into a shitty fandom joke.
Any other Autistics really want to cry when they see "This isn't the petition response you're looking for"?
A petition with the same due date as our organ transplant one.
Asking for a DEATH STAR.
They got their signatures.
They got a frankly hilarious response.
Probably no one even remembers ours existed.
Someone, anyone, please tell me where it says that the President or his administration is trying to take away all guns in the following plan. They are focusing on:
- Closing background loopholes to keep guns out of dangerous hands;
- Banning military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines, and taking other common-sense steps to reduce gun violence;
- Making schools safer; and
- Increasing access to mental health services.
In order to do so, the administration will:
- Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
- Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
- Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
- Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
- Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
- Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
- Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
- Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
- Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
- Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
- Nominate an ATF director.
- Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
- Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
- Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
- Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
- Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
- Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
- Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
- Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
- Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
- Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
- Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
- Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
How is any of this unreasonable?
How is this turning our country in to a dictatorship?
How is this not a better solution than just sticking armed guards in all schools?
How will this not benefit everyone?
So, you know Whitehouse.gov? Where you can sign create petitions and have people sign them for the White House to consider?
Well, just recently, the White House has made ‘responses’ to these petitions. Oh but nothing in support or anything conducive of course, they respond and then remove the petitions. Consider giving this a signal boost to let everyone know what bullshit this is.
The top petition for the entire history of this online petition system was ‘Legalize and regulate Marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol’, with 70,000 signatures, more than twice what the current leading petition is. There were 8 total petitions regarding marijuana (legalization, medical use, decriminalization etc.), and they released this statement regarding marijuana. Blatant fucking lies and flawed logic. Seriously, if you’re going to read any of these links, let it be their response about marijuana. It’s complete and utter bullshit. So there’s 8 top petitions, hundreds of thousands of signatures, gone. Null and void, removed after a short and shitty response. What a load of bullshit false hope this site is.
Also to note was their response for petitions to remove ‘Under God’ from the pledge, and ‘In God We Trust’ from our currency.
Fuck your administration Obama.
Petition to lift the ban on Kinder Eggs
It’s really not fair that we in the US can’t enjoy Kinder Eggs like the rest of the chocolate-loving world, just because our government believes they have to control WHAT KIND OF CANDY WE EAT. So anyways, this petition that I found has like a month left on it, and still needs 99,000 signatures.
Go forth and sign!