Wawa Hoagie Facts courtesy of Wawa.com
Wawa has a pretty awesome interactive questionnaire in which they have gathered some pretty incredible data about their hoagies from people like you and I who enjoy eating them! Here’s the data:
- Italian is the most popular hoagie choice, followed by turkey, beef cheesesteak, roast beef, and meatball.
- 87% of people like hoagies with cheese
- 32% of people get bacon on their hoagies
- Wawa slices over 86,000,000 tomatoes a year
- Wawa’s biggest hoagie was 6,600 feet (or 1.25 miles) long
- Wawa offers 17 different hot hoagies, and 21 different cold hoagies
- Wawa currently bakes 4,400,000 rolls in their stores, with much more soon to come as Wawa adds baking ovens to their stores.
- 24% of people prefer mac and cheese along with their hoagie, 26 of people prefer soup with their hoagie.
- Wawa slices 3,500,000 heads of lettuce a year.
- 36% of people order a classic hoagie when they get one.
- Ever year Wawa makes enough hoagies to cover 8,847 miles. To put that in perspective, that’s about 2.5 trips from coast to coast in the United States.
- Lettuce is the most popular hoagie topping, followed by tomato and onions.
What is your favorite variety of Wawa hoagie, and what do you like on it?