“It was obviously an unfortunate incident. It kind of made me sad on two accounts. One was that I was very sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of another person in a vulnerable moment and rather than delete it, and do the decent thing, sells it. And I’m sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies the sexuality of unwilling participants, which takes us back to 'Les Mis,' because that’s what my character is.”—This is what happens when you ask Anne Hathaway about that time she accidentally showed her Princess Diary to a bunch of photographers.
- Gerard: Do you remember the macro pants explosion?!
- Mikey: Oh... yeah!
- Gerard: Minutes before we were going on I'm stretching... and I wear tight pants, you know? Crotch explodes, you know? And Mikey was like, 'You gotta go change!'
- Mikey: Wardrobe malfunction!
- Gerard: He was freaking out. He was like, 'You gotta go back to the bus and get a new pair of pants'... it was like, blue underwear everywhere!
- Interviewer: Blue underwear?
- Bob: Gerard wears blue underwear.