Employment Opportunity: Photojournalist/VJ - Birmingham, AL
WBRC seeks a photojournalist/VJ with at least two years of experience in a competitive news environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to shoot stories with a reporter or alone.
- Writing/producing skills and knowledge of social media is a huge plus.
- Experience with LIVE microwave technology a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of non-linear editing.
- Must be able to work on very tight deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work extra hours, overnight hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- EOE-M/F/D/V. No phone calls or faxes please.
To apply, please mail cover letter and resume to:
Attn: News Director
PO Box 6
Birmingham, AL 35201
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Alabama Broadcasters Association
NOTE: This job posting was originally found at a website that requires you to buy a membership. A simple search of the web using location and job title found the original posting that this was harvested from by the “membership” website. Please remember - esp. for those of you just getting started in the “entertainment” or “art” industry with your job hunting - MOST of the “pay to join” websites are basically scams that only harvest content that is out there on the internet free for anyone to find. Do your own homework instead of paying somebody big bucks to do a simple web search for you. Good Luck!!
Ode to the Journalist
The VJ CAM is specifically designed for video journalists, but I think most of us can benefit from it. The idea is to cut down the crew who handle the videography…mostly due to the current recession. The camcorder is built as modules and can be configured in a manner that suits the journalist. Each function is contained within a different module and the modules can be simply connected and interchanged according the requirements. For example the handle is an individual module, which can be positioned wherever it fits personal ergonomics best. The display is placed as a foldaway “hood” above the lens.
Day 195: Receive a promotion
The meeting I had with my boss during which I was told I would move from being a BBC writer to a reporter and VJ lasted 11 minutes and 13 seconds.
How did it take? Find out here.