رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنتَ مَوْلانَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
“…Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.” [2:286]
So this happened in my exam today.
- (Middle of the exam, dead quiet, Teaching Assistant comes around with a sheet to "sign you in")
- TA: Your student card?
- Me: Why?
- TA: I need your student card, to sign you in.
- Me: Oh. That's in my other bag. My student number is 28-
- TA: No I need your student card.
- Me: Or what happens?
- TA: Well then I can't sign you in, and I can't mark your exam.
- Me: Why?
- TA: Because we have to know that you're you.
- Me: But I am me. You see me every class. Who else would I be? I've never needed this for an exam before.
- TA: *sigh* If you don't have the card-
- Me: Do you have ID?
- TA: What?
- Me: I'd like to see your ID. I need to know that you're you, or I can't let you mark my exam.
- TA: ......... (Signs me in and moves on)