Name: Riley McMaster
Age: 22 years old
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- If my house were burning down I would make sure to grab a slice of pizza from the fridge. The flames might just toast it while on my way out of the impending wreck. And while I sit there on the lawn, watching my lifelong collection of necessities and miscellaneous crap being cremated, at least I got a slice.
Name: Michelle Sproule
Occupation: Community Relations & Managing Editor Scout Magazine
- my sons (pip and jack) and my husband
- keys to the vw van (sleeps 4 and will be handy, given that the house is gone)
- favourite photo (night laundromat)
- camera (and external hard drive - not shown)
- a quick handful of books
- debit card
- rain boots (it is vancouver after all)
- bottle of wine. alcohol will be key in digesting the loss.
- favourite pair of jeans (levi’s 501’s)
- stones. i like stones. i keep them in specimen jars. they’d mostly be fine, but i’d scoop a few favourites on the way out the door (the really smooth black ones that make you feel clam).
- gram’s engagement ring and photo of gram.
- family photos. so important.
- photograph of a room at different times of the day torn from unknown source. i like to think that one day i will discover who the artist is.
MY MOM JUST TOLD ME SHE SAW CORY MONTEITH AT THRIFTYS IN VICTORIA WHERE I LIVE LAST YEAR AT CHRISTMAS. She didnt tell me until NOW. AND someone i know who works at Whistler in vancouver told me Cory and Lea are THERE RIGHT NOW.
Fuck my life. Im losing my shit. Btw it was the Thirfty’s we ALWAYS go to. ALWAYS. AND I WASNT EITH HER THAT TIME. I really hope he comes here again.