Name: Riley McMaster
Age: 22 years old
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- If my house were burning down I would make sure to grab a slice of pizza from the fridge. The flames might just toast it while on my way out of the impending wreck. And while I sit there on the lawn, watching my lifelong collection of necessities and miscellaneous crap being cremated, at least I got a slice.
Name: Michelle Sproule
Occupation: Community Relations & Managing Editor Scout Magazine
- my sons (pip and jack) and my husband
- keys to the vw van (sleeps 4 and will be handy, given that the house is gone)
- favourite photo (night laundromat)
- camera (and external hard drive - not shown)
- a quick handful of books
- debit card
- rain boots (it is vancouver after all)
- bottle of wine. alcohol will be key in digesting the loss.
- favourite pair of jeans (levi’s 501’s)
- stones. i like stones. i keep them in specimen jars. they’d mostly be fine, but i’d scoop a few favourites on the way out the door (the really smooth black ones that make you feel clam).
- gram’s engagement ring and photo of gram.
- family photos. so important.
- photograph of a room at different times of the day torn from unknown source. i like to think that one day i will discover who the artist is.