Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Elementary is so fucking killing it, though.
- A number of people of color on cast that actually makes sense considering New York’s demographics
- A woman of color in role traditionally taken up by a white man (whenever the character was human)
- A non-romantic male/female friendship that, if the creators get their way, is going to fucking well stay that way
- WELL-DONE TRANS WOMAN PLAYED BY A TRANS WOMAN WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THIS EVEN HAPPENED ON FICTIONAL TV MEDIA
- A bunch of nice offhand stuff, like commentary on abuse (“Lots of victims protect their abusers, that doesn’t mean we send them back for seconds”) and their delightfully chill, “Yeah, our Sherlock is a kinky bottom, whatever, NOW ABOUT THE MYSTERIES…”
- And probably other stuff that I’m forgetting because so help me I get fidgety watching American crime dramas and end up missing stuff while I fuck around on my laptop and just tune back in for the ~friendship.
- ETA: COME BACK REBLOGS APPARENTLY MRS. HUDSON ALSO HAS OCD AND IT’S NOT TREATED AS ~QUIRKY~ OR A JOKE WE NEED TO APPRECIATE THAT TOO
But bless them, the staff is sitting down and saying, “Okay, what typical media tropes are utterly fucked? Cool, let’s subvert that shit by being actively not awful.” BLESS.