Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
ASK ME ANYTHING :)
Ask Away :)
- What was the happiest moment of your life? The saddest?
- Who was the most important person in your life? Can you tell me about him or her?
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?
- Who has been the kindest to you in your life?
- What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Are there any words of wisdom you’d like to pass along to me?
- What are you proudest of in your life?
- When in life have you felt most alone?
- How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- Do you have any regrets?
- What does your future hold?
- When and where were you born?
- Where did you grow up?
- What was it like?
- Who were your parents?
- What were your parents like?
- How was your relationship with your parents?
- Did you get into trouble? What was the worst thing you did?
- Do you have any siblings? What were they like growing up?
- What did you look like?
- How would you describe yourself as a child? Were you happy?
- What is your best memory of childhood? Worst?
- Did you have a nickname? How’d you get it?
- Who were your best friends? What were they like?
- How would you describe a perfect day when you were young?
- What did you think your life would be like when you were older?
- Do you have any favorite stories from your childhood?
- Do you have a love of your life?
- When did you first fall in love?
- Can you tell me about your first kiss?
- What was your first serious relationship?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you ever think about previous lovers?
- What lessons have you learned from your relationships?
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Tagging you. The rules: Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves. You have to choose and tag ten people. Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. No tag backs
OK, I’m doing this. Especially because people ask me the same questions over and over again.
1. I finished the English Language Teaching Department and later, I studied on Edgar Allan Poe stories with their translations for my post-graduation thesis.
2. I am currently working as a translator. I tried to work as a teacher too, but it is both exhausting and difficult to get a regular job as a teacher. I am also into book translating.
3. I have a kind of ulcer. I have to be careful with what i eat and drink.
4. I live in a small town like you. It is close to the seaside at the Aegean Coast of Turkey.
5. I will always miss my childhood like many people.
6. I have a button collection. I love buttons since I was 5.
7. I have always preferred solitude like you and wordpainting who also answered your tag. I hate loneliness among crowds but i think solitude is a blessing.
8. I love photography, nature and travelling. I love simplicity in everything. And I will always be a dreamer.
9. I love movies as much as books as well. I also watch a lot of TV shows that you may find on my other blog: http://sinematik.tumblr.com
10. My favorite authors are John Fowles, Edgar Allan Poe, Milan Kundera, Dostoevsky, George Orwell, Italo Calvino, Jack London, Michael Cunningham, Paul Auster, J.K.Rowling, Flannery O’Connor, Iris Murdoch, Carson McCullers, Katherine Mansfield, Virginia Woolf, Orhan Pamuk, Sabahattin Ali, Hasan Ali Toptaş, Tezer Özlü.
Ugh. I just went through the Tumblr tag for grant gustin and I just died. I don't think I can survive the movie. He gets bullied. And NOOOOOOOO. I'm already heart broken by the pictures let alone the movie. I wanna watch it cuz Grant's there. And I don't wanna watch it cuz Grant gets hurt. Ugh. Life of fangirls are just plain hard.
- Rule 1 - Post the rules.
- Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones
- Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post
- Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them.
- Favorite possession?
I’m inclined to say my computer, coming to a close second is my worn out Arabic copy of The Prophet.
- If you had the opportunity to meet yourself as a child what would you say to him/her?
Don’t waste too much time trying to make friends and be “cool”. They’ll bully you and harass you either way. Study HARDER and please see a therapist about your short attention span. Oh and also never stop drawing and writing, cause when you did, it ended up killing you on the inside. Also love yourself :)
- You’re on the run and have only ten minutes to prepare. What are the first five things you would reach for?
My external hard-drive, my computer, as much books as I can fit in one bag (books that I own and haven’t read esp. ones that my mother gave me), my golden pendant with my family’s pictures in it and any/all of our old family albums.
- Natural talent or hard work?
Coming from a complete slacker, HARD WORK. If I had pushed myself further when I was younger I would have achieved greater things than I have achieved today. Even art needs hard work, I might be talented but my lack of practice has severely decreased my “talents”.
- Favorite memory?
Re-meeting my brother as a tween. He’s one of my favorite people in the world and I can never forget the moment our eyes met and I just FELT the strong bond that we didn’t even have back then.
- How do you think others see you?
First off I’d like to say that generally
Either way, I think people have mixed feelings about/views of me. On one hand many people seem to see me as smart, eloquent and interesting which always shocks me (When they say that to my face). On the other hand though some might see my vulnerability and mistake it for naivety or plain clueless-ness.
Also, I have a bunch of haters who see me as an attention seeking “whore”. A wild child I am, but I definitely don’t do it for anyone’s attention.
- How do you see yourself?
Most of the time I don’t see myself; I just think of myself as this worthless little blob of nothingness that will perish as fast as it came to be. I feel like I have so much potential but my lack of motivation and constant disgust with the world/myself are keeping me from ever reaching it. I also live a lot in my head but unlike other “introverts” I TALK. A. LOT. so I never keep any of my thoughts to myself. I’m also very codependent and a little child when I want something that I can’t have. I have trouble controlling my emotions and I cry a lot and I hate myself for it.
In other, softer times though I just see myself as a SEXY, FABULOUS and MOTHERFUCKING FIERCE MAMACITA with a head over her shoulders who doesn’t like to fuck up and can make magical things happen if she willed them to.
- What is your favorite quality in a person?
CRUEL HONESTY OR GTFO
- What are some of your favorite books?
As aforementioned; “The Prophet”. Also “Black Looks” by bell hooks, anything by Mahmoud Darwish, “The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo” was kinda boring at some parts but ended up being one of my favorites and I’m currently in the last chapter of “The Pessoptimist” and ADORING IT SO MUCH IT IS SO HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU GUISE.
- What are some of your favorite songs?
Inni Mnih - Mashrou3 Leila, Creep - Radiohead, Video - IndiaArie, Three Little Birds - Bob Marley, Dig - Incubus, Undisclosed Desires - Muse, Feeling Good - Nina Simone, I Got Life - Nina Simone, Fast Car - Tracy Chapman, Fast As You Can - Fiona Apple, Imm Iljacket - Mashrou3 Leila, Sabali - Nas/Damian Marley, Lena Chamamyan - Yal Asmar El-loon…
IDK SO MANY HOW DO I CHOOSE OMG
I’ll just leave it at that and slap myself later for forgetting something.
- You have the opportunity to go anywhere right now. Where would you go?
no questions as to why). Or Beirut.
- Favorite TV shows.
- What is your favorite part of your body/aesthetic feature that you posses?
- Who is your favorite family member (besides mother/father)? Why?
- What are some common qualities you search for in a partner/lover?
- Are you the casual sex* type? If so, do you have any interesting stories about a certain hookup you had?
- How do you perceive yourself in relation to the world around you?
- Name 5 qualities you love about yourself
- How has tumblr changed you/your life?
- Do you think that you are good at time management?
- Name some of your pet peeves.
- If you could travel in time, with the ability to meet your former/future self, what time period would you travel to and whom would you like to meet/stalk?
*sex does not have to be PIV sex or even “wet sex”. anything you see as sex IS sex.
YALLA DO IT BABIES, CAN’T WAIT TO READ YO ANSWERS.