here's some cool stuff you can do with tumblr that you probably didn't know about
while the staff members might come off as asshats they really do work hard
- go to tumblr.com/photos for a really cool photo-viewing experience
- press option + tab if on Mac, or z + tab if on pc, and you’ll get options to switch to your other blogs
- dial 1-866-584-6757 and leave a message and it’ll audio post to your blog
- if you hover for a few seconds over that little fold at the top right of a post on your dashboard, it’ll tell you what time it was posted.
- when you’re about to publish an ask, if you hold down alt, you’ll also have options to save it as a draft or queue it
- when you’re in your queue, you know that little up-down arrow to the right of the edit icons on each post? if you hold down alt, it’ll change to an up arrow and you can move it to the top of your queue.
- when you’re in your dashboard, press j to move up a post, k to move back a post, l to like a post, and n to see the notes
- if you used j or k to get to a photoset/video in your dashboard, pressing the spacebar lets you open up the photos in the photoset/play the video
- if you used j or k to get to a post on your dashboard, press option + r to quickly reblog
Tumblr is not Twitter. Don’t burp here when you’ve just eaten. Don’t yawn here when you’ve just got out of bed. And please, don’t tell us you’ve just breathed. People here are different from the users of other social networks. This is a blogging platform. Let’s use Tumblr the way it should be used. Blog with all your senses.