things i've failed to mention
- not only does my former tumblr buddy (the one i sent to) live in cleveland, she just so happens to live in the same exact building as J. how freaking crazy is that? despite our busy schedules, i’m really hoping i get to meet kristina at some point this weekend .. she is such a sweetheart!
- no giant sightings in NYC (thank goodness) but i did come home to some interesting news that led me to write him a quick little email that basically said, “i’m an adult, you have issues and we need to go back to not speaking .. again.” translation: being friends shouldn’t be this complicated. peace out.
- mr. benz’s nickname? kait suggested something to do with his car because
we’re materialisticit’s b-e-a-utiful and the mr. part comes from the fact that he is 30 and an actual man (unlike someone). anyway, date # 2 was another success and we are planning to get together tomorrow before my flight.
happy hump day!
Sign Up for the next round of Tumblr (Teacher) Buddies begins tonight and ends 10:00 PM 12/31 EST
You MUST e-mail me positivelypt (at) gmail (dot) com.
If you reply, message me, or reblog and do not e-mail me, you WILL NOT BE MATCHED. I gave this warning last time and some people still replied. Because notes disappear it was difficult to track their info down. I will not do this this time. I just don’t have the time.
Please remember this operates on the honor code. I cannot guarantee that your person will send something. That being said, before you sign up, think about whether you can commit to sending 1-2 items a month starting in Jan and ending at the end of May. If you cannot do this, please DO NOT sign up. I know some people had reasonable reasons for not sending things (husband in the hospital or a death in the family) but it is a total bummer when your buddy sends you nothing.
That being said, I am not matching by grade level/subject area this round. I will match by grade/subject level next semester if you guys want me to.
Here is the Survey I need you to answer and e-mail me in order to participate:
- Tumblr name:
- Address to mail items:
- Are you willing to mail to a participant outside of the U.S.:
- Grade Level:
- Subject Taught:
- Favorite Color:
- Favorite Candy:
- Favorite Food:
- When I want to treat myself, I ….
- Interests outside of teaching:
- Guilty Pleasure:
- Anything else you want your buddy to know?
- Please list any buddies you have already had so that I do not have to go searching through e-mails for that information. I want to try to avoid repeats.
Remember to answer these in a way that will help your buddy to prepare things to send you.
All you are required to send are cards, but most people have been sending small gifts.
Pre-service teachers, student teachers, and people related or interested in the Education field are welcome to participate, as are international participants.
Please remember that if you sign up and don’t complete your responsibilities, I will have to ban you FOREVER!
P.S. Sorry I’m late with this. There’s been some stuff going on with my 85 yr old grandmother.
Tumblr Buddy Reveal (drumroll please)
Good people of the internets, you can all go home. It is over. The sweetest (both figuratively and literally) package from my Tumblr Buddy arrived in which she was revealed. I am surprised with the sheer power of all the awesomeness Tumblr didn’t implode.
My amazing package included some of my favorite things and some things I didn’t even know were my favorite things!
Easter candy - Cadbury caramel eggs (the cream eggs went elsewhere - sorry), and Cadbury Mini eggs.
(not actually my pictures since no camera is fast enough to take a picture when it’s Easter and there is chocolate involved)
Mindless magazines - did you know that housewife lady is pregnant again? that’s a trainwreck I can always
read about look at the pictures.
(Stephon and I have the same reading expression)
EOS Threesome - this was a little below the belt and I feel like she’s feeding my strange addiction. But I’ll take it. And they’re Easter themed!
Essie Nail Polish - we all know how my Buddy feels about internet claws so you’ll only get a picture of the bottle! This really is the most perfect springtime color.
Luna Bracelet - so beautiful, so elegant, so wonderful.
So who was it all this time? Sending me wonderful little packages, words of encouragement, love and support from afar?
STEPH!! It was Steph and I was so happy. I feel like I just won the final rose! i love me some haygirlhay. Steph is a true gift to the world and those of you who know her need to consider yourselves lucky-ass bitches.
just look at this badass!