Follow posts tagged #tumblr, #blog, and #follow in seconds.Sign up
ATTENTION TUMBLR ARTISTS
SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE STEALING YOUR GODAMN ART?
Can’t find the godamn ask to tell the blogger to kindly take your art down?
Email email@example.com with links to your originals and the repost, and they’ll take it down.
NOW REBLOG THE SHIT OUTA THIS AND SPREAD THE WORD!
KICKSTARTER TUMBLR PRIZE!
I added a follow on Tumblr and re-blog prize on my kickstarter!!
The Psychology of Tumblr
Ah tumblr, a pixelated site that is colonized by all sorts of people, all sorts of wonderfuls and all sorts of crazies. We find ourselves gravitating towards it when that little voice inside of us starts to get in the mood for some delicious procrastination and above all, tumblr gives us a monumental platform to pretend like we’re important and to give us a sense of self worth even though we’re all equally unimportant. Tumblr plays host to a range of different behaviors, which are often compulsive and the lines between sanity and just plain mind-boggling are slowly but surely beginning to merge. So here are some of the different personality types and behaviors that you or a friend may find to be rather familiar and the hope is that this post will act as a catalyst in exercising your thought processes on what it means to have a tumblr blog and the possibility of deleting said blog in the hope for better mental health. (Please note that this is not a serious post, yeah the fact that I have to point this out says it all. But by no means should real psychological disorders be associated with little commonplace activities like these and they should be tackled head on with the appropriate help by a professional if need be)
- The OCD Blogger - The blogger that only comes on once or twice a day, the one that is trying to reduce the amount of time they spend on their blog and just can’t stop feeling the need to reblog. Said bloggers will then come online, and reblog 9873238576543 posts at the speed of light. With no pause. Or break. They have to reblog, they just HAVE to.
- The Anxious Blogger - The blogger that makes a text post, whether it be super long or like three words, they slowly hover over to the publish button and contemplate whether or not to do it. They worry about the possibility of it not getting any notes. They decide not to post it and so, it sits in their drafts for another 4 months with 80 other similar posts.
- The Dissociative Blogger - The blogger that acts like two different people on their one, single blog. They’re super nice and friendly and open-minded with regards to certain things but they will unleash the Kraken within at random points too and flip out and leave you wondering, “what the hell are they on”
- The Pathological Fan - You will find nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, nothing at all on said person’s blog except for gifs and image sets and crap hand made memes about their favourite tv show, film, OTP, singer, etc. Never follow said bloggers.
- The Psuedo-Obese Blogger - This blogger basically just reblogs food. Just food. If they were to consume all the food they reblog and tag as “unffff need this now” or “omffff craving this so bad” they would have diabetes, hypertension and a severe addiction to food.
- The Narcissist - Oh look, there’s their face. There it is again. Oh wow how sweet, they reblogged themselves again in case we forgot what they look like in the span of 6 seconds I like how understanding they are of my true feelings towards them.
- The Histrionic Blogger - Drama creating, attention seeking, extremely emotional without real justification of their crazy spectrum of feelings, this blogger is a pre-teen girl stuck inside the body of someone much, much older.
- The Beyonce Worshipper - Self explanatory.
- The Agreeable Blogger - This blogger is your best online friend. The one that you can go to with any kind of question because you know you can trust them to be honest and helpful. They’ll always be nice to everyone, regardless of anything. These bloggers are a pleasure to come across and are becoming a rarity so hold on to them whilst you can!
- The Activist - FREE ‘insert country of choice here’. BOYCOTT ‘insert product of said country here’, SIGN ‘insert url to petition here’.
- The Avoidant Blogger - The quiet one, socially isolated, would rather be alone, reblogs sad and pessimistic quotes about almost everything. Are very shy, even online and sadly, you rarely notice said bloggers, but they do exist!
- The Messiah - These bloggers are here to remind us all about our respective faiths. From motivationally uplifting quotes about spirituality to great, in-depth reminders about our life and religion and how we can be better people. These are either make or break. Either passive or aggressive. BASICALLY, some are cool and chill, others think they can dictate you and judge the crap out of you for doing something ‘wrong’ aka not according to their idea of it.
- The Self Proclaimed Poet/Writer - They make large spaces between their sentences and call it poetry. They write 8 paragraphs about something and call it a story. Some are so ridiculously talented you wonder how they haven’t been published yet.
- Wanna be Social Justice Bloggers - Some of them try, but end up just looking really rude and biased. Not cool people, not cool.
- The Angsty-Teen - In love or think they are, out of love but still mentally in love, think love is what they’re in but it’s not. They reblog pictures of couples, hands being held, awkward and nasty pictures of naked people hugging in bed and lovey dovey quotes and lyrics. They make you shake your head and gag.
- The None-of-the-above Blogger - Some bloggers are just so amazing that they have their very own type of blogging style. Some are so idiotic that one cannot simply place a label over them. Some are so perfect you’d rather not embarras yourself any further and let them get on with their day.