Volg in een handomdraai berichten die getagd zijn met #thougths, #love en #quote.Registreren
Another character that kind of has a fucked up premise
is Wonder Woman.
Imagine you’re raised in this utopian, women only warrior society (this part isn’t fucked up) and you’re taught all about how outside of your society which is magically shielded by super-science/magic
there lies “man’s world.”
Man’s world is just horrible and fucked and violent place you hear stories about and the people who inhabit it and you reach a point growing up where you probably think “okay mom, it’s probably not that bad. Shit I bet men don’t even really exist you’re just fucking with me.”
And then a fucking man shows up on your island. He’s not at all like the ones that you’ve heard about. He’s not some violent monster who wants to ruin everything he touches. He’s a good dude. You decide you want to go see man’s world, you fight for the right to become your peoples champion and ambassador. It’s your job to share with man’s world the wonders of Amazonian society.
You get to man’s world and it’s fucking astounding. There are crazy tall buildings and cars and ice cream and all these different cultures and music and it’s just fucking mind blowing.
And there are lots of men. They’re walking down the street side by side with women. They aren’t murdering them, they aren’t reducing things to cinders. Obviously all the stories your mother told you were horse shit.
But then you start to pull back the curtain. You hear and see men disrespect women on the street. You go to the mall and wonder why all the mannequins are the same size if all the women clearly aren’t. You see all these magazines telling women what’s wrong with them, what they have to do to please men. That’s when you start wondering what’s up with this world.
You find out women are paid less then men, that no woman has ever been the leader of the United States, you see crime statistics, and you find out that this Steve Trevor, who you really thought was a good person, is an agent of a government that has declared the assaults on female soldiers “occupational hazards.”
Then you realize it’s not just the United States, it’s all over “man’s world.”
It hits you that this place is even worse than all the stories you heard.
And the worst part about it is: the gods that you’ve been raised to worship and fear, the gods that you know fucking exist, don’t want to do shit about it.
Imagine what that would do to you?
I wanna read about that Wonder Woman, the Year One Wonder Woman who’s like jesus in the temple flipping shit over. I wanna read about the Wonder Woman who’s so appalled by the conditions of man’s world she marches into the UN and tells everyone off. The Wonder Woman who meets a crying girl on a street corner, finds out that her boyfriend just laid hands on her and then goes and cuts off his hands.
Writers too often fall back on all that mythology shit as if Medusa and hydras and gorgons are the worst monsters that Diana can fight.
The monsters Wonder Woman should be fighting are the ones her mother told her about as a kid
I wonder if you are ever amazed that I am yours. I wonder if you stop to think about how you get to touch me at night, when the lights are off, and the rest of the city is asleep. I wonder if you ever stop, in the middle of the day, and imagine my lips on yours, your fingers on my neck, my hair in your teeth. I wonder if you are ever awed that out of all the people wiping their feet at my door, I chose to let you come inside.
That is the kind of way I need to be loved—the way someone might stare slack jawed at the sun setting. I want to be a pink and blue and red and orange sky at 5:30 pm in January that makes you pull over the car and get out just so you can make sure what you are seeing is real.
I don’t think love should be frantic and hard. I think it should be gentle and exciting and the kind of thing that you keep running your hands over because you can’t believe it is everything you thought you’d never get.
A neglected heart eventually turns to seed and scatters away from you in the wind, looking for a new place to plant roots, and what I am trying to say is that I am parched, and the breeze is picking up, and I heard stories that somewhere in the east it is raining so much that there aren’t enough hearts to soak it up.
I would like to stay.
I would like to stay.
I would like to stay and wait for you to love me the way I deserve, but at some point you can only fight so hard against the wind—eventually it breaks you and when that happens there won’t be anything either of us can do but stand on the edge of the road and watch it blow us apart.
Ibang iba talaga ang friend sa bestfriend.
Pumunta ka sa bahay nila.
- Friend: Uy anong gusto mong kainin? Wag ka mahihiyang magsabi kung nagugutom ka na ah.
- Bestfriend: Nagugutom ka? Putangina mo, magluto ka dun. ‘Di mo ko alila dito. Check mo sa ref kung may pagkain. Haha. Biro lang. Nakaluto na, check mo sa kusina may pagkain na dyan. Kainin mo hanggat kaya mo. Alam mo naman kung saan nakalagay ‘yung inumin at iba pang kailangan mo diba? Wag ka na magpaalam, kunin mo nalang!
Pinaplano mong maglayas.
- Friend: Ui wag ano ka ba. Ikaw din mahihirapan niyan sige ka. Tska san ka pupunta? Wag na.
- Bestfriend: Sige lang! Tara dito sa bahay, kukupkupin kita. Dito ka na tumira. Haha. Tangina mo, joke lang. Dyan ka lang. Kung may problema ka dyan, nandito ako oh. Kung kailangan mo ng makakausap, makakainuman at malalabasan ng sama ng loob mo. Umayos ka oy! ‘Di pag lalayas ang solusyon. Papalalain mo lang ang sitwasyon.
Nagbreak kayo ng girlfriend mo.
- Friend: Ok lang yan. Move on. Siguro ‘di talaga kayo para sa isa’t isa. Madami pa dyan.
- Bestfriend: Tangina sa gwapo mong yan iniwan ka nun? Oh eto text mo yan, chicks yan. Tirahin mo agad, bumuo kayo ng sariling pamilya at humayo kayo’t magpakarami. Haha. Biro lang gago. Tatanga tanga ka din kasi minsan e. Sige iiyak mo lang. Nandito lang ako sa tabi mo, ‘di kita iiwan tulad ng ginawa niya.
Ang sarap talaga magkaroon ng bestfriend. ‘Yung taong kayang sabihin sayo lahat lahat. Kaya kang murahin, gaguhin at tarantaduhin ng harap harapan pero hindi ka maooffend. ‘Yung laging nandyan para sayo. Isang tawag o text mo lang handa kang puntahan, damayan at bigyan ng payo. ‘Yung taong lagi mong kasama sa napakasaya at napakamasalimuot na mga pangyayare sa buhay mo.
Mga salitang madaling sabihin pero hindi mapanindigan.
- Mahal na mahal kita, ikaw lang wala ng iba. Pero maya maya lang lumalandi na sa iba.
- Hindi kita iiwan kahit kailan. Pero makalipas ang ilang araw, buwan, taon? Umalis na siya.
- Sorry hindi ko na uulitin. Pero maya maya lang ginagawa na naman ‘yung pagkakamali.
- Hindi kita lolokohin. Pero malalaman mo nalang na dalawa pala kayong pinagsasabay niya.
- Nandito lang ako lagi para sayo. Pero mas inuna pa niya ‘yung mga kaibigan niya.
- Hindi kita papabayaan. Pero mas inuuna pa niya ‘yung ibang mga bagay kaysa sayo.
3 days in a row
I’ve seen you around for 3 days in a row. I feel lucky because it has been my wish to see you everyday. I know saying that seems shallow but it really put some smile on my face just seeing you.
I’m hoping and wishing to see you every week and just start a small conversation. That will make me happy, really :)
Just so you know...
I shouldn’t love you but I want to. I just can’t turn away.
I don’t know how to be fine when I’m not because I don’t know how to make a feeling stop.
Just so you know this feeling’s taking control of me and I can’t help it. Thought you should know I’ve tried my best to let go of you but I don’t want to.
And I’m wondering why I’ve waited so long it was always there just never spoken.
I’m waiting here…been waiting here…