Ive got a theory
What if John Hurt is the very first regeneration of the Doctor
But he isn’t the first Doctor
Because his name isn’t the Doctor
And he did something really bad
So when he regenerated into One, One changed his name to the Doctor, stole a TARDIS and ran away
And thats why he’s the Doctors secret
Just a few things I’ve noticed over the last few episodes which have excited me a little:
- The symbol Sam was translating translated closest to “Messenger of God”, not Scribe of God, which is what Metatron is. The Messenger would be Gabriel.
- Dean has been quite frequently using “kiddo” in the last few episodes, whereas he had hardly/never used this time before. Last time a phrase linked to a specific character was said frequently - “Balls” for Bobby - Bobby returned several episodes later.
- One of Sam’s emails was from Mythology Weekly, saying that this month they were to focus on Scandinavian folklore. Loki would fall into this category.
- Metatron doesn’t seem to have much knowledge of what’s been happening, and doesn’t believe himself to be an archangel, yet Kevin seems to have been under some form of protection in the latest episode.
- Linking to the last point, what if that time when Cas became inexplicably supercharged when protecting Kevin, despite the fact that moments before he was completely drained, an archangel, Kevin’s protector, had been acting through Cas?
- There has been a pattern followed several times in the past in which a character is mentioned, then returns a few episodes later. Metatron asked about Gabriel, the first time he’d been mentioned since 5x19.
Yeah. Add in the Wallpaper theory, and I’m really hoping.
So we’ve established that Clara leads thousands and thousands of lives. She’s born and she lives and she dies like normal, but every one of those versions of her interacts with The Doctor at some point and saves him in some way.
So what the hell was she doing at The Library?
Clara is CAL.
I think I figured out the plot of Gargantia...
And boy, it just might be the BIGGEST tragedy Urobuchi has ever written.
We have no idea how the war between Avalon and the Hideauze was initially ignited, right? All we know from the first episode is that they “block” humanity’s… future.
In other words, there is no confirmation that they attacked first because they’re “the enemies of humanity” as the propaganda Ledo has gone through said.
Heck, look the reason they give: “hold back humanity’s race to the future”. It sounds very obscure and abstract; there is nothing specific there. They mention no hostile actions from the Hideauze, no invasion from the creatures’ part… heck, if you look at the sequence, you’ll see that big “flower” type Hideauze opening, but the humans are the ones that attack. It just… existed there.
Now, let’s add these facts:
- The data Avalon has on Earth are ancient knowledge. As in, they’re OLD.
- The language of the people of Gargantia was characterized as “ancient” from Chamber, too.
- Avalon is insanely more technologically advanced than Gargantia, even though the latter has natural resources.
- The “people who traveled in stars” in Gargantia used the technology WE use TODAY.
- Even though Earth is their home planet, the humans of Avalon have little knowledge of it.
- Black Holes make you travel through space AND time.
Guys, I think we have just found out how the war between Avalon begun.
Ledo started it.
Gargantia is in the past, not in the present with Avalon. They’re not parallels, they’re in different time points.
Consider the following:
In Avalon, there are humans and Hideauze. They fight.
In Gargantia, there are humans and Hideauze. They co-exist peacefully.
IF the Avalon’s propaganda has any amount of truth in it, by all means, the Hideauze of the Earth SHOULD attack the humans of Gargantia mercilessly.
They became aggressive only in this episode, because Ledo attacked FIRST.
Just like the Hideauze in Avalon: you see them sitting at their place and it’s humanity that attacks.
My conclusion: Ledo traveled thousands of years in the past through the black hole and started the war humanity is fighting in his own timeline.
It makes NO sense how can Gargantia be so primitive, while Avalon is so advanced, IF they’re in the same time. Gargantia has resources. Avalon has NOTHING, just space and an enemy on the top of that.
It would make sense if just SOME people from Earth left by using technology equal to Avalon’s in Gargantia’s past, while others left. The series mentions that people left in their past for the stars. But, that would mean that the technology those people used was FAR superior to what Gargantia has.
Look at the images:
This technology is OURS, of the 21st century. We CANNOT build anything like Avalon, not even close. Yet, if Gargantia and Avalon are parallels, how can Avalon be beyond, if it DID start from Earth? What, did the Earthlings’ brains become mush and only the people on Avalon are smart enough?
The answer is simple: Avalon was built by using Chamber’s technology. Step by step, using him as a kickstarter by tearing him apart, they managed to develop things from there. Thousands of years later, they have Avalon.
Hideauze had their own evolution. We know it from this episode:
Just like there wasn’t any difference in the genetic makeup of Gargantians and Ledo; they’re both humans, the same species.
I think you can guess now WHY everyone on Avalon look so damn alike, while on Gargantia there is so much diversity.
Ledo is their ancestor.
Ledo started a war in this episode. My guess is that it will get worse and worse from there. Bad enough for the squids/Hideauze to want to devour humanity. Bad enough for the planet to go to waste.
Humanity, stripped from their power source (remember, the sea creatures/nanomachines give them electricity), turn to exploit whatever technology is left from the bottom of the sea (these nanomachines’ colour is the same as Chamber’s lazers…) and Chamber’s technology and go for the stars. Hideauze develop on their own, becoming capable to live in space (mutation is a wonderful thing).
Thousands of years later, first episode.
And Ledo will be the one to cause all this. Not because he’s evil, not because he’s stupid…
Because he couldn’t exercise his critical thinking after 17 years of propaganda being brainwashed in his skull.
A propaganda he started.
Because he suffered it since his birth.
Because some weeks of human life couldn’t beat a lifetime of human programming.
And the tragedy?
He thinks he’s doing the right thing, attacking the squids. He thinks he can help humanity by starting a war with a species the Gargantians were peaceful with… until he came.
Here’s a chart to make myself clear:
I might be completely wrong. All this might be something much simpler. Don’t freak out.
I might be wrong.
I HOPE I’m wrong!
Urobuchi, PLEASE prove me wrong!!!!