- me a week before an audition: omg i've totally got this yeah let's keep practicing this song i sound so good wooooo
- me two minutes later: oh god i sound terrible i'm never going to get this part why am i even trying i shouldn't even audition there's no point screw everything
- two minutes later: okay maybe i won't be the best but i'll never know if i don't try let's just keep practicing i owe myself that much
- two minutes later: dude i was totally right i sound awesome i'm going to kick butt at this audition
- two minutes later: wtf am i talking about i sound terrible i'm never going to get cast in anything i might as well just give up on my career now
- two minutes later: no screw that i'm going to practice this song until i get it right if it kills me
- rinse and repeat until audition day
26 Reasons Why You Didn't Get the Part
This is by far the best thing I’ve seen in years. I stumbled across in late November, and then it was brought up again in a college workshop and later by my audition coach. If I can take anything away from this, it’s that I need to make sure to make sure I’m as polished and confident as possible on the things I have control over, because there are so many things that are completely out of my hands-and if I do my best I’m physically able to do, if I don’t get the role, I won’t have hard feelings. So, without further interruption:
1. You’re too tall.
2. You’re too short.
3. You’re too pretty.
4. You’re not pretty enough.
5. You’re too fat.
6. You’re too thin.
7. You’re too blonde.
8. You’re not blonde enough.
9. You’re too old.
10. You’re too young.
11. You’re too serious.
12. You’re too funny.
13. You look too much like the lead.
14. You don’t look enough like the lead.
15. You’re taller than the lead.
16. You’re shorter than the lead.
17. You remind the producer of his sister, and he hates his sister.
18. You are too ethnic.
19. You are not ethnic enough.
20. You were the first one to read that day.
21. You were the last one to read that day.
22. You’re more like the best friend than the lead.
23. You’re more of a lead than the best friend.
24. You’re too character-y.
25. You’re not character-y enough.
26. You look like the director’s wife and he had a fight with his wife right before he left the house this morning.
If you’d like to read the rest of the article, feel free to look at it here